Chapter 1: Your Song

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment the sound of the violin was heard, everyone gasped at the girl. Even Seul Gi was too surprised by how well Aria played and tried her best not to stop playing the piano and just listen. The sound was just too addicting that she wouldn’t mind listening to it all day long and she was sure the thoughts of the others were the same as her, judging on how they were listening with the jaws almost literally on the floor.

 

Chanyeol

“That moment, everyone in that room was just like—“ he imitated on how they were like gaping fishes as they listened to Aria’s playing. “Her passion in music is really something. You can feel it when she played.”

 

Sehun

“I’m glad I insisted on her to play.” He really was. She really plays everything like Silvia does. “I can listen to it all day if they’d let me.”

 

Luhan

“That’s my twin.” He said proudly. “Her music is really from the heart. You’d know even without looking at her expression when she plays. But it hits you more when you see her face and how her fingers moved.” He continued. “It’s like magic.”

 

D.O

“Aria’s a god.” He said. “I’m convinced by it. No one should play that good if it’s not a goddess or a god.” He added in all seriousness.

“Aria means ‘lioness’ and it also means ‘Air’ or ‘melody’ in Italian.” The staff said and Kyungsoo gaped at him. “See! She’s music herself.” The idol exclaimed and staff just laughed.

 

She even plays the violin like Silvia. Kris thought as he listened to the familiar music. Maybe, Aria is related to her. He thought to himself but didn’t have the courage to ask the girl, afraid that she might distance herself from them again. He didn’t want that.

 

When the two finished, everyone applauded and Aria found herself laughing at everyone’s reactions. It reminded her the old days with her family but she shrugged it off with a laugh.

The reason she stopped playing violin and bringing her cello with her all the time was because it always reminded her of her family. It reminds her of how she’s alone now and she won’t be able to play with her family anymore. She won’t be able to hear that music only her parents, Silvia and her can make.

 

“That’s so cool.” Lay clapped and the trainee smiled at him. “Thanks sunbae.” Aria said and turned to Seul Gi. “You were great too unnie.” She told and Seul Gi just waved her off smiling.

 

Seul Gi

“Piano is the one instrument I take pride on.” She told. “My neighbours and classmates once called me the piano goddess in the old days so violin doesn’t really bother me.” She added.

 

Aria then went back on her spot and huffed. “I’m hungry.” She said lying on the floor holding her stomach.

“Let’s order some take out then.” Kai beamed and turned to the hyungs. “Chicken please.” He said and Suho looked at the rest of them. “Chicken, cola, nuggets and jjambbong?” he confirmed already dialling the restaurant and everyone chorused a hungry ‘yes’.

“Ice cream juseyo ~” Da Hyun added cutely and Suho wasn’t going to resist that. “Of course! Da Hyunnie’s ice cream.” The leader winked and the EXO members and Aria grimaced.

“Gross.” They chorused before laughing at the now pouting leader.

 

That day, they spent the day practicing reactions and doing aegyo contest which Aria of course flopped in every single one of them. Da Hyun and Seul Gi were the ones in battle and the mentors were divided in whose side to pick because they are so adorable. Da Hyun has the cute baby charm while Seul Gi has the mature cute lady type. It was hard for the mentors but they’d get through it, said Aria.

Then, they decided on watching together Aria’s dramas but the trainees were too tired because of their aegyo battle and decided to sleep. It was then when EXO decided to turn off all the cameras in the dorm. Some of them went to sleep while some stayed watching the drama with the trainee, Sehun, Kyungsoo, Tao and Kris were the ones who stayed.

 

Aria was busy watching her dramas when Kyungsoo sat beside her holding a sheet of paper. He waited for the commercial break before getting the girl’s attention.

“Aria?” he called and Aria looked at him, waiting for him to go on while the rest turned at Kyungsoo then at the paper her was holding. It was the song/lyrics Silvia left them with.

“Is it okay if I ask a favour of you?” he asked with that big doe eyes of his and Aria chuckled. “I can’t give you the moon if that’s what you want, oppa.” She said and Kyungsoo blinked at her confused. The idols watched their member quietly.

What is Kyungsoo planning to do with it? Kris asked himself.

 

“Why would I ask for the moon?” he frowned and Aria just laughed. “You looked at me with those puppy dog doe eyes of yours oppa and I swear... It’s a look used to ask for the moon.” She joked. “I’d give it to you if I can though.” She added and Kyungsoo found himself blushing making Aria laugh even more.

“So what’s up?” she asked and Kyungsoo blinked at him. “You wanted to ask me a favour?” she reminded the idol who nodded and showed her the sheet of paper. Aria looked at it and nodded.

“It’s a song.” She mumbled enough for the idol to hear.

“How did you know that?” Tao gaped and Aria looked up at the idols that were now looking at her. “This song…” she blinked at them.

 

 

Your sister left something for the friends she made in her last days. She remembered her uncle said when she was still recovering in the hospital. I don’t care. She remembered herself saying as well. She was still moping about her loss back then.

 

“…my sister and I made this.” She said and the idols looked at her with wide eyes. This was one of the songs she and her sister made before Silvia left her.

“Silva noona?” Tao stood up and Aria turned to the idol upon hearing her sister’s name. “Are you really noona’s sister?” he asked and Aria wordlessly nodded.

 

“Your surname is Yang and your eye colors are the same. Then you have the same style in playing the guitar and violin and your voices are really alike.” Sehun sighed. “I had a hunch that you are related to her but I’m so stupid not to think about you being her sister.” He said and made an eye contact to Aria.

Aria felt the sadness and longing in Sehun’s eyes. He really misses Silvia. She thought.

 

“So you mean, the girl in the past. The one you wanted me to replace was my own sister?” she now realized and felt a little bit sad. She and Silvia has been compared a lot, she was scared that they’d compared them, now that they know about them being sisters.

“W-we didn’t know.” Kris said, still in shock. He too had a hunch that she’s Silvia’s sister but the shock never failed to get to him.

“I know that.” Aria said. “It was obvious.” She shrugged. “All of you would treat me more nicely if you knew, right?” she chuckled and they didn’t even bother to deny it. She was right. “I hope this doesn’t change anything about us.” She said, a hint of worry in her voice.

“It won’t.” Kyungsoo assured. “You made it clear to us a long time ago that you’re not your sister and we get it, Aria.” He smiled. “You might be sisters but both of you are different. You are you and Silvia is Silvia.” He continued.

“Hyung is right.” Tao agreed. “Plus, Silvia noona doesn’t even talk and you… can’t shut up sometimes that it gets you in trouble.” He said and everyone, including Aria, laughed. She knew that.

“I’m glad then.” She chuckles. “So what do you want me to do with this?” she asked waving the sheets of paper she was holding.

“I want to hear it.” Kyungsoo said. “The song, I mean.” ”Silvia didn’t have the time to let me hear it.” He explained. “She didn’t even have the time to give it to us.” He whispered and Aria felt sick.

 

Because I took her heart away. That’s why.

 

“I’m sorry.” Aria gave the idols a sad smile. “It’s my fault she couldn’t give you the songs herself.” She told and everyone looked at her. “I took her heart away.” She mumbled and i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter