I have no right to...

I knew you were trouble

 

Namsoon’s POV

“I’m Park Heungsoo.” I raised my head immediately. It really was him. He sat down only a few seats far from mine and stared to the front quietly.

“Alright, class president” teacher Kang said, but I was focused on my former friend. Unable to say anything I just stared at him.

“Class president.”

It’s not a dream, right? Heungsoo… I really get to see you again. I was glad. My heart started to beat faster.

“Class president.”

I finally noticed teacher Kang and stood up and gulped. “Attention…bow.”

Heungsoo smirked in disbelief. When I sat down he turned over to me. “You are living quite well. You enjoy it?”

A cold shudder ran through my body. His eyes were full of hate and anger. I had never seen him like that before. It made me unable to answer him. But at that moment Jungho suddenly appeared. He was late as always.

“That bastard actually walked in here by himself” he said to his friends grinning. “Let’s have fun, Saekki-yah.”

Heungsoo just hissed. I didn’t like this situation. Jungho was a troublemaker, I didn’t want him to be near Heungsoo.

The bell rang and everyone got up to eat. So did Heungsoo. He bumped into Jungho on purpose and went out, leaving an angry Jungho behind. At least, Jungho wasn’t following him. Instead he glared at me madly. I just got up, too and went to the canteen. I wasn’t hungry, but I usually forced myself to eat. I had to live, no matter what. So I queued up.

When I got my dinner tray Heungsoo came into the room. He stopped and looked at me. I hesitated for a moment, but then I gave him my food. I couldn’t do much for him, but I could do at least that, right? I wasn’t even sure if he’d accept it…he did. With a cold smile like he couldn’t care less. That was enough for me. I quietly left. Nothing special happened anymore. I was still anxious, knowing that I would see Heungsoo every day from now on. Maybe there was a chance, even if it was just a slight one, that I could explain myself to him once. We never got to talk about what happened.

 

-        The next day    -

Knowing that Heungsoo didn’t have any books, I bought him our literature book. I went into the class room. Everyone sat on their seats already, chatting with each other. I walked to Heungsoo straightly, lying down the book on his desk without saying anything.

“Why don’t you buy me some bread, too?” Heungsoo suddenly asked.

After he said that, the class became quiet. I looked into his cold eyes, before obediently leaving to carry out the order. I didn’t care what they were thinking now. Honestly, I was even glad that Heungsoo ordered me around. He talked to me, he didn’t ignore me. I wanted to repay my debt, though I knew that things like that wouldn’t make anything better. Such things weren’t even worth mentioning. After I bought some bread and milk, I went back into the classroom, lay down the food on his desk and sat down on my chair. Lay down on my desk and hid my face in my arms. The kids started to make fun of me, but I didn’t care.

“You can have it” his dark voice uttered. Knowing he couldn’t see me I gulped. Right…he wouldn’t just accept it. What did I think? I closed my eyes, being glad for his hate towards me. It’s selfish…but he won’t forget me. I’m glad.

Break again. I wanted to get some fresh air, so I went outside. I walked down the stairs and to my surprise Heungsoo stood there. I froze and looked at him.

“You are good at acting.” His frightening gaze was too strong, I couldn’t bear it and looked away. He continued. “The kids seem to think you are a normal kid. Just “a friend”. You must be scared that your past will be revealed.”

I gulped, not because I cared about that, but because he totally misunderstood me and I wouldn’t be able to explain myself again. “That’s not it. I don’t care.”

“Oh, is that so?” the tall guy smirked. “Be prepared then.”

These were his last words towards me. My lips were trembling, so I bid them. He has changed…because of me. I had no right to be sad, no right to hope for anything.

 

School ended. Finally. I was on my way home as I turned around the corner and saw Jungho talking to Jihoon angrily.

“Did you find out where he lives?” Jihoon nodded. “We will beat that bastard up. We’ll catch him when he’s on his way home.” The others nodded. Jungho walked away and the others followed him.

Heungsoo-yah. Eotteokhae? I had to help him. He couldn’t protect himself anymore. Because of me… There were only two hours left until the sun would set. I hurried home to get my scooter. I didn’t have much time left anymore. Still had to search them, too. But, Heungsoo couldn’t live too far away, luckily, so I should had been able to find them. I was about to go out when my phone suddenly rang. I answered it. “Hello?”

“Saekki-yah.” Jungho! “Don’t you want to come and help your master? Who knows what we will do to him?”

“Leave Park Heungsoo alone, Saekki-yah! Take it out on me!”

He laughed amused. “Aigo~ I would hurry up. He is close already.”

I will kill him. I got angry. “Where the hell are you?!”

He told me the address and I hurried, drove as fast as I could to reach my destination. Heungsoo can’t get hurt! I bid my lip to restrain my anger.

Ah, there they are! The bastards and Heungsoo turned around when I arrived. Heungsoo didn’t seem pleased.

“I called your dog, just in case you would whine that you needed some help later” Jungho provoked him. Then he talked to me. “Aigo, you come here straight away just because I called you? Son of a – “

Before he could finish his sentence Heungsoo kicked him into his stomach and brought him fall, hit Jihoon afterwards. Heungsoo’s cold gaze met mine and he smirked. Seemed like he wanted to tell me that he didn’t need my help. But I wasn’t going to let him fight on his own. Jungho got ready to attack. I hurried and stood beside Heungsoo, but he just pushed me away, walked towards that bastard and turned around to me. He gave me a signal with his hand secretly to not interfere in this. I clenched my fist. I didn’t want him to get hurt, but I didn’t want to disobey his wish. Jungho took advantage of the situation and hit Heungsoo right away, kicked him hard so that he fell down to the ground. I couldn’t take this even one more second. I ran to guard him, got beaten and fell down. He continued kicking me hard. I groaned in pain. That bastard was out of his mind. He seemed like he really wanted to kill Heungsoo.

“I heard you that your leg is retarded. Eotteokhae? You probably won’t be able to walk anymore.” Jungho bent down to grab a big rock, put his foot onto Heungsoo’s so he couldn’t move.

Mwo? I was shocked. I didn’t expect him to go that far. My eyes widened, my heart beat faster, I was seething with rage. Heungsoo was exhausted. His body was in no condition to fight anyway. Now he even got beaten up. He didn’t move, just spit blood onto the ground. Jungho didn’t wait any longer and was about to make a move, but I got up, pushed him away from Heungsoo by kicking him into his stomach.

“I told you to leave Heungsoo alone, Saekki-yah.” I bristled with anger. I felt my desire to beat him up grow. Jungho just started to beat me again, but this time I fought him back. I was stronger. I had always been. He was no match for me. Back then, I just never had the desire to fight him, but now I did. Blinded with rage, I pulled him to the ground and hit him over and over again. Jungho groaned in pain, but I didn’t care. I couldn’t think anymore.

“You are still alive, Go Namsoon.” I heard Heungsoo’s deep voice saying, then laughing.

I couldn’t stop beating that bastard until I heard the police siren and the teacher’s voices. I woke out of my trance. What have I done?

 

We had to go to the police station. Teacher Jung stayed with us, made sure we were alright, even bought us something to eat afterwards. She was too nice. I felt bad for her.

“I will not give you guys up, so you better give up, alright?” she said cutely.

She smiled, told us to go to school tomorrow and that she would make sure the school wouldn’t find out about the incident. We headed home, at least the others did. I just followed Heungsoo quietly, hands in my pockets. I wanted to make sure that he was alright. He suddenly turned around.

“Stop following me, Saekki-yah.”

I watched him walking away afterwards. Quietly sighed. I didn’t regret what happened earlier, but I overdid it and didn’t want something like that to happen again. I have to protect Heungsoo no matter what. That was the only thing I really cared about.

 

-        The next day     -

I lay down on my desk during class, secretly observing this tall guy I wanted to protect. He seems to be alright… I was relieved. To my surprised, he suddenly turned around. Our eyes met. I looked away. Ah, he noticed. Embarrassing.

The bell rang. Break.

“Saekki-yah. Let’s talk.”

My heart skipped a beat. I raised my head and looked straight into Heungsoo’s eyes. Then he left the room and I followed him. My heart started to beat faster, I got nervous…I was a little happy. Does he really wanna talk to me? Did yesterday’s incident change his mind? I gulped when we went into an empty  room. Seunghoo turned around, his voice darkened.

“Mind your own business from now on, Saekki-yah.”

Ah, right. He wouldn’t change his mind. He shouldn’t change his mind. I don’t deserve to be his friend. A bastard like me shouldn’t even hope for anything. I slightly smiled, trying to hide my disappointment. “Well, you are included in that…I had to beat that bastard once anyway. I didn’t think much about it either…my body kept moving on its own…because…” I tried to make an excuse. It’s not like I could just explain it. I actually didn’t want to either. It would make everything worse. And I didn’t have the right to expect him to understand me. I couldn’t look into his eyes anymore, avoided his gaze and bid my lip.

“I will make you lose everything.” He got angry.

That startled me. I hesitantly looked at him again. His eyes were full of hate more than ever before, cold than ever before. I froze.

“I will make you heartbroken. I will make you cry. I will make you hate your life. I will be the one who makes you unable to free yourself, unable to want anything, unable to expect anything. I’m that bastard who will make you regret for your whole life.” He hit the wall groaning angrily and walked away, leaving me behind trembling.

What just happened? My whole body was trembling. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. I sank down at the wall and gripped my shirt, my heart beat heavily. It hurt so much, I thought I was dying.


--------------------------------


okay everyone...i couldn't concentrate on preparing for the exams, so i wrote another chapter today. ^^" i will regret it on wednesday, but who cares now xD
the chapter is really close to the episodes, but at the end it changes. i needed something to connect my ideas to the original, so it turned out like that. from now on i will create a new plot, only using a few ideas fromt he original :) hope you like it~

thanks again to everyone who reads my story, i'm really happy ! Q_Q