I don't care

I knew you were trouble

 

Namsoon’s POV

-       Still 4 years ago     -

Time passed. Park Heungsoo still lingered around me. I got used to him waiting for me in front of school, eating lunch with me, telling me stupid jokes, making fun of me. It wasn’t quiet anymore, but now I could bear it as long as it was him.

“Namsoon-ah, let’s eat lunch. I’m hungry” he whined. “I haven’t ate anything since yesterday…I’m dying”

“Ah, noisy~” I walked away, knowing he would follow me anyway.

“Yah! Let’s go together!” he hurried a little, ruffled my hair again. “Saekki-yah, let’s eat ramyeon later.”

I think I got too used to him. I even ended up allowing him to touch my hair as he pleased.

After this whining boy got his meal, we sat down at a table in the canteen and he started eating hastily as always. I didn’t have an appetite and just watched him a little. He’s still weird.

Suddenly Heungsoo offered me some food using his spoon “Say ahh~”

“Aish, disgusting!” I refused.

The tall boy sulked and ate it himself. “You could’ve at least said you aren’t hungry, why saying it’s disgusting?”

“Well, it is though.”

Again, he ruffled my hair. “Our famous boy will never change.”

“You won’t either.”

“True” he continued eating.

All the students chatted happily with each other, sharing their lunch, talking about this and that. As for me, I didn’t know what I could say to Heungsoo. Usually I didn’t talk much either. At least he seemed to didn’t mind it and was always the one talking. He was weird, but he was nice.

“Yah, famous boy. Seems like even the boys want you” he mentioned all of a sudden.

“Mwo?”

“Turn around.”

I did as I was told. There was a guy who stared at me, but he didn’t look pleased at all. I knitted my brows and turned back. “He looks like he wants to kill me. Also…stop scaring me with this , Saekki-yah.”

He giggled and finished his meal. “Let’s go. I want to play soccer before break ends.” Heungsoo stood up.

I nodded and got up, too, just to shrink back. I got a shock. The guy from before suddenly stood beside me.

“We need to talk…” he uttered quietly.

The tall guy beside me smirked and patted my shoulder. “Have fun~ I will wait for you.”

I hissed. Saekki. Not sure about what he wanted I followed this small guy into a quiet corner.

“Change your attitude” he gathered all his courage.

“Mwo?” I was confused.

“Either change your attitude towards Heungsoo or get lost.”

I chuckled. “Michyeosseo? Do you like him?”

“Uh. But that’s not the matter here.”

I quieted down surprised and folded my arms, leaning against the wall.

“He’s the only one giving, you are only taking. Selfish bastard. At least say “thanks” sometimes.”

Mwo? I never asked him to do any of it. Why is he blaming me? …He’s just jealous.

“Heungsoo will get tired of you soon anyway, but still, change your attitude until that happens.”

“Mwo?” I asked slightly taken aback, tried to hide it though.

Seemed like a failed since the guy grinned “Don’t tell me you thought you were special? Aigo~. He’s nice to new students, because they are weak. You are nothing special. What can you give him anyway? You can’t even talk to him properly. Of course he will grow tired of you.”

I hissed. “As if I’d care. He’s a bother anyway. Stop annoying me from now on, Gaesaekki.” I turned around and left right away. What was this bastard thinking? It’s none of his business either.

Had to admit, I was pissed. It didn’t seem like he was close to Heungsoo, so what does he even know? Not like I cared if he stopped following me around, but he never said he disliked me or anything. It’s total nonsense. The more I thought about that incident the more pissed I was.

I went outside to search for this jerk. He must’ve been waiting for me. Though I searched for a while, I didn’t find him. The bell rang, so I decided to go in. Heungsoo must’ve been in the classroom already. But when I entered the room, I couldn’t see him either. Where did he go?

 

-           The next day     -

I was on my day to school, thinking about this jerk who suddenly disappeared yesterday. Haven’t seen him since then. I didn’t care. Crossed the last street and went to the school gates. Heungsoo wasn’t waiting for me like he usually did. I didn’t care. Continued my way to the classroom. He wasn’t there. I didn’t care. I sat down and looked out of the window. Maybe he is sick? ...I don’t care. The kids were annoyingly loud as always, chatting with each other. I tried to ignore them, but that was just impossible.

“Yah, Heungsoo isn’t here again.”; “I know, right? He is with these guys again.”

Now they caught my attention.

“He’s so careless. He’ll never graduate like that. But who would scold him anyway? Even the teachers don’t.”; “No wonder, look at his scary eyes.”

What the? Heungsoo isn’t scary at all. …which guys are they talking about? Should I ask? … I didn’t, just closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. Too noisy.

Break. I went outside to get some fresh air and to my surprise saw Heungsoo and a group of guys running down the street. I didn’t know why, but I hid behind a wall and observed them. They seemed to be close. Heungsoo laughed a lot, too. He looked relaxed. One of the other guys was really close to him, maybe a little too close for two guys. I didn’t care.

“Go Namsoon”, a voice called me and I turned around.

One of my classmates, a long haired girl who’s name I didn’t know, looked at me with her big puppy eyes. “Don’t get involved with him anymore…he isn’t as innocent as he seems.”

I cocked my head, knitted my brows and said nothing, waiting for an explanation.

“You know…these guys…they beat up people from other schools and only make trouble. They skip classes, they are rude…the gang is the most important thing in their life. There is nothing and no one who is more important.”

“Why are you telling me that?”

“…since you got here you’ve been with him only. So I thought you should know that and make some new friends.”

“We aren’t friends.”

“Huh? Really? …That’s a relief!” She smiled. “If you want…my friends and I are going shopping later today, do you wanna come with us?” she asked shyly.

“Don’t want” I walked away. I didn’t need people who told me what to do or not. Why does everyone think I’m close to that jerk when I’m not? Sure, we ate together, he waited for me and such, but that’s nothing special. “You are nothing special.” I hissed quietly when I remembered this bastard’s words. Right. I’m nothing special. But I don’t care.

The break wasn’t going to end today. Didn’t know what to do so I just sat down and watched the clouds passing by.

“See you later” a familiar voice shouted. I raised my head just to see Heungsoo passing me without saying anything. Did he even see me? I looked over to the guys for a moment before I got up and went back to the classroom. I don’t care.

When I entered the room, that dark haired jerk was already there. “Oh, Namsoon-ah!”

I passed him and sat down, didn’t greet him. He turned around to look at me. His eyes focused on my face, it made me feel uncomfortable. Actually, I wanted to talk to him, wanted to ask him a few things, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I didn’t even want to admit I was interested. But was he really like that? Living for this gang only, not caring about other things? I wanted to now. “He will grow tired of you.” Is it true? Has he been nice to me because I was the new guy in this class? No…who would waste so much time just to be nice?... I knew it. It started already…I got too used to him. 


--------------------------------------

chapter 3~ 

the next chapter will be the last with memories (for now), then i will finally start the "actual" story :) hope you like it :D 

i'm still not used to write in english haha, i hope it's not that bad..><