My friend

I knew you were trouble

 

Namsoon’s POV

-       Still 4 years ago     -

A few days passed. It was past midnight, I couldn’t sleep. Everything was quiet again, too quiet. Heungsoo didn’t go to school. The others kept saying he was with these guys, so I assumed it was right. I didn’t know what to do when I was in school. Without that jerk by my side, I had really nothing to do. I don’t need anyone. Still, for the past days, I didn’t sleep well again, like it had been before.

 

On my way to school I was totally tired. Didn’t sleep at all. Maybe I should skip class today…  I turned around, ready to go back home, but then I froze.

“Famous boy.”

My heart skipped a beat. Heungsoo-yah… He came.

“Aigo~ just leaving you a few days and you look like a lost kitten again” the tall boy approached me slowly and ruffled my hair. “Let’s go, I can’t be late today.”

Ah I see, he is going to attend class today. He pulled me lightly to make me follow him. I only looked at him, not able to say anything. And again I didn’t know why, but my body followed him automatically.  What to do? I actually was a little happy to see him again.

During class he slept, like he always did. During break we ate lunch, like we always did. He talked a lot, like he always did. I wondered why he did that. We weren’t friends, but he still came back to me.

“Yah, stop staring at me like that. It’s scary”

“Huh? I’m not…”

“You are. Did something happen? Why did you plan to skip class? Did someone threaten you?”

“Nonsense. “

“Then why? You looked lost like you did when you transferred here. “

“It’s nothing. I just couldn’t sleep last night, that’s all.”

He actually noticed? Maybe he does care a little…

Heungsoo looked into my eyes, seriously, focused. “Get up.”

All of a sudden he grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the building.

“What are you doing?” I asked confused.

Stubbornly, he pulled me all the way to the grass field and sat down. Without saying anything he took off his jacket, folded it and lay it down.

“Common, lie down” he said softly.

I was a little confused, so I first of all sat down and just looked him. He sighed and suddenly pushed me down. My heart skipped a beat again. He was close, really close. I even felt his breath on my skin. I wanted to say something, but was at a loss of words.

“I told you to lie down.”

I just blinked in confusion.

“Let’s take a nap” then he lay down too.

Mwo? He took off his jacket to let me use it as a pillow? I had to admit, I was a little touched.

“We can’t, we only have five minutes left.” I objected hesitantly.

“Aish, who cares. Let’s skip class. You need to sleep.”

Honestly, I was really tired and wanted to sleep so badly, but I couldn’t make him skip class again because of me.

“But…”

“Ah, noisy~” he smiled, ruffled my hair and closed his eyes. “Sleep well.”

Eotteokhae…I felt at ease… I wanted to watch his peaceful face a little longer, but my eyelids were too heavy.

 

“…uh…eet you later. Where?  I got it.”

He was talking to someone, but I couldn’t hear it that well because he whispered. My eyelids still were too heavy to open them. Didn’t want to open them. I heard grass rustling as Heungsoo seemed to move. He’s awake…I should open my eyes, too. It’s unfair. When I was just about to open my eyes, I felt a light pressure on my cheek. Huh…? He touched me. It was his thumb. It went its way along my cheekbone, down to my chin. Eotteokhae? My heart was beating a little faster. What should I do? What is he doing? I was holding my breath. Then I heard Heungsoo sighing. “Aish…I should sleep again” he mumbled. It became quiet. Did he fall asleep? I wasn’t sure, so I pretended to sleep and turned my back to him. I opened my eyes, slowly lying two fingers of the part he touched. What did just happen?

 

I just pretended to sleep until I heard him making noise again. I didn’t know how to look into his eyes anymore. Moreover, I was still anxious about what happened. Heungsoo, that sleepy head, was perfectly fine, so I decided to forget about it. We didn’t talk much afterwards. To his surprise I thanked him for his “pillow” and he patted my head. This weird guy…I didn’t mind. I followed him out of the school grounds.

He smiled at me “I would offer to walk you home, but I have an appointment, so I can’t. I’ll do it next time.”

“I’m not a girl” I hissed. “I can walk home alone.”

“Alright, alright~ See you tomorrow then.”

“Uh.” I watched him walking away. He is going to meet these guys again. I bid my lip. “The gang is the most important thing in their life”; “You are nothing special. He will grow tired of you.” I know. I already know, but… Now I cared. I felt comfortable when he was around. Though he annoyed me and did as he pleased, I felt a little happy having someone caring about me. And he didn’t seem to dislike me either. Slowly, I confessed to myself…I wanna be his friend. I didn’t want to lose that comfortable feeling. So I decided to follow him and find out more about him.

 

The sun was setting as he arrived at his destiny. The gang was waiting for him, greeting him right away. I hid behind a car and tried to eavesdrop, but failed. At least I could keep an eye on him.

They didn’t do anything, just sat down and talked. I had enough. Like that, I would never find out anything. I stood up and walked straight in their direction.

“Yah, who’s that? Did he follow you Heungsoo?” one of the guys uttered.

He turned around and looked at me quite surprised. “Yah, what are you doing here.” He came towards me.

“I followed you.” I admitted.

“But why? This is no place for you. Go home.”

“No, I wanna stay. Let me be a part your gang.”

“Mwo? Do you even know what we do? Stop that and go home, we will talk later.”

“I know what you do and I still want to stay.”

He smirked slightly. “Why? Why would you want to be a part of us?”

“I want to become your friend.”

For a moment he was silent. “If that’s the reason you can go, you don’t have to be a part of the gang to be my friend.”

“No. Isn’t this gang a big part of your life? How could we become friends if I don’t even know that much?”

Heungsoo hissed. “Do you know what the terms of admission are? They will beat you up. And they don’t take that task lightly.”

“Got it.” I looked into his eyes for the last time and walked towards the guys. They had listened and seemed to find it funny. I bet they thought I would crawl home crying. But I wouldn’t. They seemed to wait for Heungsoo’s permission and when he nodded, they hit me right away. I fell to the ground and was convulsed with pain. I saw Heungsoo smirking and observing me. I wondered what he thought. Maybe he found it funny how I came to him after refusing him. I didn’t care. The guys kicked me for quite a long time. My whole body hurt, I felt blood running down my face, but I was alright. Eventually they stopped and I raised my head smiling brightly. I felt great. Finally I felt alive, thanks to Heungsoo. The tall boy grinned proudly and pulled me up.

“Michyeo Saekki…at least I get to see you smile once.”

“Call hat crazy bastard your friend from now on!” I made the right decision.

 

--------------------------------------------

(back in present~)

Because of what happened yesterday I didn’t sleep well yesterday, so I decided to catch up the sleep now. I lay on the table as teacher Jung entered the room.

“I have a friend to introduce. A new transfer student. Come in”, she said.

The class became noisy.

“Introduce yourself” teacher Jung ordered.

A moment of silence. “I’m Park Heungsoo.”

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

chapter 4 ~ the present story will start from now on!

I really love the couple so much, i feel like continuing the story right away. But unfortunately I can't. final exams this week *sigh* i will continue next weekend if possible! hope you liked the story until now! 
thanks for all those who already subscribed to this story, i'm really happy about every single person :D <3 have a nice week