Matchmaker

SFNY One Shots

 

When matchmaker Tiffany Hwang is unable to turn down a blind date she set up for her close Kwon Yuri, she herself is forced by Jessica and Yuri to attend the blind date. Little did she know, she’s now a contestant in the game of love.

“I hate you guys. I hate you guys so much.” Tiffany wanted to kill herself for agreeing to go on this date for Yuri.

“Aw, look! She’s already blushing!” Jessica teased the younger girl.

“Shut up!” Tiffany retorted. This was her first blind date, actually. Her first date.

“Fany, just go enjoy your first date.” Yuri shooed her out of the car. While Yuri and Jessica were having girls’ night out with all their other friends, Tiffany was stuck on this stupid date with a stupid guy that was supposed to be her friend’s suitor.

“Call me. We’ll come pick you up.” Jessica smiled and rolled the windows up.

Nervously, Tiffany took careful steps into the restaurant. She was trying to walk as slow as possible, not to mention her legs felt like jelly and pudding. She felt a zoo erupting in her stomach and was feeling queasy. “I hate this. Why am I all dolled up when they get to have a girls’ night out?” she mentally cursed herself.

Tiffany walked into the restaurant with the least bit of confidence. “Okay. Just go in there and tell him Yuri can’t make it. Then you can go. You can do it, Fany!” she told herself mentally. Her eyes were searching for a familiar person when,

“Miss Hwang? You’re my blind date?” Siwon greeted her with a bright smile.

“Ah aniyo, Mr. Choi. Miss Kwon Yuri is unable to make it tonight, I am truly sorry.” Tiffany bowed. She felt like burying herself under 10 feet of concrete right now. It was so embarrassing.

“That’s okay. I’ll have dinner with you.” Siwon smiled and pulled out a chair for her.

“Aniyo, I’m not hungr-” before she finished her sentence, Tiffany’s stomach let out a growl that was loud enough for Siwon to hear.

“I think that’s a yes.” Siwon smiled before holding her by her hand, leading her to the dinner table.

Tiffany felt a rush of adrenaline shoot through her veins as she cursed her two friends for leaving her here alone. “Jessica. Yuri. I hate you guys. I want to kill myself right now because it is so embarrassing.” Tiffany kept calm.

Not long after, a waiter stood by the table, taking their orders. But he was doing also a bit more. The waiter was obviously flirting with Tiffany and checking her out. I mean, who wouldn’t, she’s so gorgeous. Anyways. Siwon noticed Tiffany feeling uncomfortable about the whole situation.

Siwon stood up and gave the waiter a death glare. He motioned closer to his ear and whispered,

“Hands off. She’s mine.” In an instant, the waiter scurried away from their table to bring them their dishes. Before taking a seat, Siwon leaned closer to Tiffany. “By the way. You look lovely.” Siwon smiled and took a seat directly across from the madly blushing Tiffany Hwang. Who knew that a man like him could be able to make her feel like this.

“You’re quite handsome too.” Tiffany smiled at him.

“So, what made you come today, Miss Hwang?” Siwon tried to create a conversation. “Yuri-sshi had plans, and she didn’t want me to cancel on you, so I had to come. By the way. Just drop the honorifics, haha, we’re out of our offices. After all, we’ll become friends, right?” Tiffany eye-smiled.

“Stop being so gorgeous.” Siwon muttered, hoping she didn’t hear.

“Excuse me?” Tiffany gave him an unsure smile.

“Oh, nothing.” Siwon lied.

The dinner went on as usual, Tiffany couldn’t feel more comfortable being with Siwon. It was not a bad idea after all. He was a gentleman, reserved and quite interesting guy. Omo! Tiffany said in thought as she saw Siwon let out a manly smile.

“Hey, are you alright?” a voice knocked her out of her daydream. Siwon was waving his hand across her face, making sure that the girl beside him was still conscious.

“Um, uh. Yeah.” Tiffany said wryly while Siwon chuckled to himself.

“Were here.” Siwon pointed to the apartment complex across the street, just where Tiffany told him. Tiffany smiled and bowed to him, but before she could go down the car, Siwon held her hand.

It was a bit awkward, but Tiffany felt electric currents all over her body.

“Oh, um, sorry but, mind if, I, um, ah, get your number?” Siwon stuttered.

“Oh, yeah. Sure, sure. Pen and paper?” Siwon scurried inside his wallet and found nothing he was about to check the front compartment when Tiffany held his hand and started writing her digits. He felt ticklish but it was cute.

“Copy that, arasso? Thanks for tonight Siwon-sshi. Drive safely.” she said while eye smiling at him, then went down the car.

Siwon was still comprehending. She’s so beautiful, that moment he knew he had to make her his.

***

Being parted by a room in their office, Siwon would steal occasional glances at her if he runs an errand near her station. Sometimes he would make an excuse just to pass by her place. He can’t help it, every little thing she does was bliss.

One morning at work, he walked to Tiffany’s cubicle to see her but she was not there. Unusual, she would be here before nine but today she wasn’t there. He looked around, every station and even asked some of the employees.  No traces of her. He was walking with head down to his station, unmotivated that his energy pill was missing, not until he bumped into a girl making her things and his scattered.

“Jwesonghamnida, jwesonghamnida.” Siwon apologized to the lady, he helped him gather the things strewn around and their hands met when they were to reach for their phones. Siwon looked at her and so did the girl. It was Tiffany. A shy smile crept on his face but he stopped when he realized he was in front of Tiffany.

They both stood up clutching their phones. “I see we have the same one.” Siwon smoothed to strike a conversation. Tiffany just giggled.

“I’m sorry for walking on to you. I’ll better be going.” Tiffany said in a light voice. Siwon stepped aside to let her pass. His day was complete.

Siwon plopped on his seat, thinking to himself, when he will have the courage to confess and ask her out again. Maybe tonight? He breathed deeply and got his phone, remembering that he has Tiffany’s number from the first date. He unlocked it but to his surprise he saw an odd thing.

The wallpaper was a picture of him sleeping in his work seat.

He chuckled at the silly photo. Somebody caught a photo of him slacking off at work, but nobody told on him, he was still laughing at the photo when he remembered that it was not his wallpaper. His wallpaper was a stolen shot of Tiffany working busily in her station. As soon as the thought shaken him, he stood up and turned to her direction, she saw Tiffany also standing up, looking at him.

They smiled at each other, thinking of how embarrassing the moment was. They were giggling to themselves like they were the only persons in the whole floor. Siwon walked near her.

“I believe this is yours.” Siwon held out the phone to Tiffany while letting out a sly grin.

“And this is yours, I believe too.” Tiffany also let out her smile from what she saw.

“Um, so I guess being mutually having the same likes, you would go out with me again?” Siwon asked, this time with much confidence.

“Could work. Let’s see.” Tiffany played coy making Siwon scratch the back of his head.

“Cute wallpaper by the way.” He teased, but before Tiffany could hint a comeback, the boss starts walking in making Siwon walk back to his station.

As he sat himself back to his seat, he sent a message to Tiffany.

                 As I was saying, cute wallpaper :^)

Yours was cuter I think ^^

                 I need an explanation why you have that on your phone…

 

Same as me. I need a decent one. Hahaha ^^

So I guess I will be seeing you for dinner, Tiffany :^)

 

Definitely? Maybe? ^^

 

I just have high hopes that this could be into something :^)

 

Maybe <3

 

***

SIWON’S POV

“Simjangi make me bounce, bounce, dugeundae deullilikka bwa geopna” I swayed my head with the music on my car stereo. I don’t know but I’m feeling really giddy tonight. I have to admit even if it would make me less of the man you know. I’m meeting my girl tonight.

I came down my car, seeing her standing in front of me with a sweet smile I can’t deny. My legs feel weak, it has been, what? A year since we dated but she still melts my soft spots and makes me goes head over heels for her. A bad thing, but it’s the best drug I can get addicted to.

Who was she anyway? She’s my everything.

Side by side we walked in this public park. After dinner she said that she doesn’t want to go home. That wasn’t an issue for me, every single second with her is priceless, so might as well give in to her requests.

I was silent the whole time, smiling to myself, not minding how crazy may I look to the people we meet. Her hands intertwined with mine, I took occasional glance of her and saw her angelic face. Her innocent smiles and her cheeks lightly blushing in pink. I’ve gone crazy.

“Oppa what’s wrong?” that cute voice tugged in my ears, I looked at her direction and brushed the strand of hair blocking her face aside. She giggled while I try to stay away from her hypnotizing gaze.

“Nothing. “ Her eyes twinkled with my answer.

“Can I ask you something?” she turned to my direction.

“Mhm.”

“Do you wish for anything particular this moment?” was her question. It was random and I found it interesting.

“Well, a kiss from my girl would do.” I said smiling to myself. Just right then I felt a pair of lips touch my cheek.

“Happy?” she asked again.

“More than happy.”  Pulling her close to a hug. Well, it was an unlikely match, but definitely a perfect one. Who ever thought that an accidental blind date could result to a good pair? It didn’t need any words, the both of them felt something on the first meeting, and that’s what happens when a matchmaker finds her match.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

HAH! Done and dusted! :) I would like to thank my makdongie mushroom-fany for doing the first part :) Thanks for the opportunity for doing a collab :D Personally I think that I rushed so much in the ending, but I hope you will still like it kkkkkk :D Thanks to all the subscriptions and comments! I may not reply often but I appreciate every single one of it :)