Daddy Duties

SFNY One Shots

“Siwon…” she scooted to the man next to her and clung into his buffy arms.

“Yes baby?” he asked. Siwon was not used to his wife initiating skinship, but just like that Tiffany went all lovey dovey in a snap. He wouldn’t want to miss that sudden affection she showed.

“I went to the doctors earlier…” she muttered. Siwon stared at her with all worry, wondering what made her go to a doctor without even telling him.

“Is there something wrong baby? Why didn’t you tell me, should have gotten an off so I could accompany you.” These past few days, Siwon found nothing strange about her, that’s why it made him a bit anxious why Tiffany had a check-up all of a sudden.

“The doctor found something Siwon…” the sound of her voice seemed like something was wrong inside her system.

“Huh?? What? Is it serious? But you’re perfectly fine!” Siwon grew hysterical and one by one negative thoughts came flowing into his mind making hasty conclusions of what her condition is. His bothered eyes stuck onto hers waiting for her to speak, but he gained an odd response to his apprehension. Tiffany chuckled looking at how he vexed he looked.

“Stop worrying Siwon Daddy.” She whispered in his ears while trying to suppress the laughter. Siwon was confused of the sudden name she called him. Usually she addresses him as Wonbaby but this time, it was Siwon Daddy. Peculiar. But it doesn’t change the fact that Tiffany had a medical consultation. Now he tried to piece it all up and can’t come up with a good reason.

“What? Siwon Daddy?” he irritatingly asked. Tiffany would get annoyed at how Siwon sometimes acts slow or maybe he is a bit slow since he was known to be a reserved man with his sense of humor missing in his pocket most of the time.

“You’re going to be a dad Siwon. The doctor said I’m four weeks pregnant.” She smiled and waited for Siwon’s reaction. It was something that the both of them wanted from the start, a real family.

“Yah! Seems like you’re not happy!” Seeing her husband with only jaws ajar and wordless reply she was afraid that Siwon was not yet ready for fatherhood. Which she never expected, Siwon looked good with kids, and he was more fond of them than she is.

“Uh-what? I-I’m going to be-uh, uh- a-a- D-da-daddy?” he stuttered blankly.

“Yes sweetie. Months from now, you’re going to be a dad.” Tiffany pulled his face close and planted a kiss on his cheek. Siwon got her hands and drawn her into a hug.

“I’m going to be a dad!” his tone was much more cheerful now. Tiffany felt relieved that Siwon only grew shock from the news. She always knew him as a family man. Soon, a responsible father to their kid.

“Own kids. We’ll have our own kids!” he chuckled in delight. The thought of having a happy family with her is more than blissful.

***

After finding out about Tiffany’s child bearing, Siwon had been taking extra care of her wife. Just when Tiffany thought he couldn’t get more overprotective when they were still dating, he got much more when it comes to her and their baby. Siwon makes sure that she eats on the right time, won’t let her stay up late and if possible stay at home. Might be a little controlling but Tiffany understands that Siwon is just concerned. As much as she can, she doesn’t let Siwon worry nor do something that could make her somewhat paranoid husband go nuts.

That morning, Tiffany did not expect that a nauseating feeling would kick start her day.

Siwon heard puking sounds from their bedroom lavatory, he shot up and saw Tiffany not by his side. Getting to his senses and jumped out to check her inside the bathroom.

“Tiff? Tiff are you alright?” he knocked on the shut wooden door, all gone worried.

“I’m al—“ before she could even finish, she threw up again. Siwon could not take the situation she’s in, rushing her to the hospital was first on his list.

“Tiff, I’m bringing you to the clinic. Get dressed!” he jolted out of the room and prepared his things.

The couple were seated inside the Ob-Gyne’s office, waiting for their names to be called. There was a hint of uneasiness in Tiffany’s eyes, she was restless and pale due to so much sickness. Siwon was busy on the phone talking to his mom about the situation.

“Mom, I just wanted to make sure. I swear, her morning sickness is kind of different and it might be bad for the kid.” His reason resounded to Tiffany next to him. The busy phone conversation was interrupted by the nurse when they were both called to attention.

“Mr and Ms Choi, Dr. Lee is ready to see you.” He took her hands to his and walked inside the clinic.

“Morning sickness. That’s all, nothing to worry about Mr. Choi.” Dr. Lee laughed heartily when she observed that Siwon was a bit apprehensive.

“Are you sure that’s it? Maybe she could do tests?” he breathed. Tiffany only sat quiet looking at his over reactive husband.

“Yes, Mr. Choi. You see, your wife is in her second month of pregnancy and as expected, symptoms of morning sickness could get a little intense than before. I suggest you go home, take care of your wife and don’t worry too much. See, even Ms. Choi knows.” Dr. Lee pointed to Tiffany who was only staring at Siwon.

***

 They drove back home, and Tiffany got out of the car without even waiting for Siwon. She saw her walk away and enter home with a blank face. He felt guilty for panicking at the wrong time and of course, restricting Tiffany of the things she used to do.  Then again, Siwon can’t blame himself, he just wants his wife to be okay.

“Tiff…” he found her flipping channels on the couch and eyes all set on the TV.

“Tiffany… I’m sorry…” he intertwined his hands with hers but the woman flinch them away. Her stifling coldness was making Siwon cringe.

“Tiff, I’m sorry for being a bad hubby. I just wanted you to be ok, because I know this is hard for you.” Siwon tried pleading to her.

“But I’m not happy with what you’re doing anymore.” She murmured between his words. The fact that Tiffany replied, Siwon knew what was going on inside her mind.

“I’m sorry, hmm. You know I just want you and our kid to be fine, and I want to take care of you, it’s the least thing I could do for carrying our baby.” He consoled.

“You’re too controlling.” She said.

“Babe, I’m sorry—“

“You’re sleeping in the couch tonight.” She walked away to their room and locked herself in. It was on of those temper flared days again. The part of pregnancy that he did not like.

 ***

It was the third month of Tiffany’s pregnancy, there were a lot of changes with how Siwon treats her. His wife needed more attention more than ever and Siwon was more than happy to give it to her. Siwon tossed his body around to face Tiffany, he s his arms to snatch her close to him but he was surprised to see his pregnant wife sitting up and leaning by the headboard of the bed.

“Tiff? Why are you up? Is there something wrong hon?” he rose up as soon as he saw his wife. Siwon glanced at the bedside clock and saw it was half past two in the morning.

“I can’t sleep.” Tiffany lifelessly replied.

“Why babycakes, had a bad dream?” Siwon grabbed her body frame to lean on his.

“No.”

“Then what is it? You know it is bad getting less sleep. You and our baby might be unhealthy.” His arms were all over her shoulders.

“I want noodles.”

“Oh, you’re hungry, let’s go downstairs I’ll make you food.”

“And kimbop and spicy rice cakes.”

Siwon looked at her with all shock. What has gotten into her? She has been binge eating these past few days and he can’t help but notice it since he prepares their food most of the time. And now, his wifey is asking for noodles, kimbop and spicy rice cakes in the middle of the night. She has got to beat the shikshins for this.

Looks like Siwon had no choice but to drive out and buy her poor wifey’s cravings. This isn’t the first time it happened but it was the first time he was out driving to find kimbop and spicy rice cakes in the middle of the night. He passed by a coffee shop to stop and get some caffeine fix when he bumped into someone familiar.

“Oppa!”

He turned around to the voice and saw it was Sooyoung.

“Oh, Sooyoungie. What are you doing here at this time? Who’s with you?” Siwon obviously went startled.

“I’m with Jessica, we have to catch a flight later and decided to stop by here. You? It’s unusual seeing you here at this time.” Sooyoung asked.

“Yeah, how’s Tiffany by the way? We can’t wait to see our cute little nephew soon!” a blonde haired girl popped beside Sooyoung and he realized it was Jessica.

“Oh, um, I went out to um, buy, uh food. Tiffany’s doing okay. Uh, good, so far.” He stuttered between his words. The two ladies chuckled hearing him.

“For Tiffany, right?” Sooyoung giggled.

“Uh, excuse me?”

“The food, is for Tiffany.” Jessica nudged Sooyoung who was going to burst stopping her boisterous laughter.

“Huh? How did you guys know?” Siwon went confused.

“Siwon, we’re women too. Although we haven’t got pregnant yet, knowing helps a lot.” Jessica continues to mock the meager older one.

As the days flew by, Siwon can’t help but observe his wife’s eating habits. Her cravings have far gone beyond crazy and he usually spends more time knowing what she wants than finding out his own. This husband duty thing to her pregnant wife has gone too far and he has to balance it between all the things he is busy with like his work and career.

“Baby…” he cooed while Tiffany was focused on the TV.

“Hmm?”

“You’ve been eating a lot lately. I’m afraid you’re kicking out Sooyoung as shikshin queen.” Siwon chuckles, Tiffany stared at him condescendingly.

“Why can’t you just let me?” she fires up. Uh oh, wrong choice of words Mister Choi. Her expression definitely paints disappointment.

“Hey, hey. I was just concerned. It’s good actually, I-I have nothing against it.” Siwon saved himself from breaking out a volcano’s wrath if he continues to whine about it. It was better to keep his mouth shut.

“Good.” She said and went back on the TV.

***

Siwon got out of the shower when he saw Tiffany checking herself on the mirror with a long face.

“What’s my princess had been up to today?” he circled his arms across her and kissed her cheeks. Tiffany turned around and pouted on his husband.

“I look fat baby Daddy.” Siwon was surprised hearing the term she called him but moreover what she complained about. It was like the other day he didn’t want Siwon to interfere with her overeating and now she was complaining about gaining weight.

“See, it was what I’m telling you the last time.” Siwon gave her a peck on her cheeks but she pushed him away hearing his words.

“You said I was ugly!” Tiffany grunted. Siwon busted her emotional bubble and it was not a good thing to do to his pregnant wife.

“No, no, I didn’t said you were ugly. I said you were gaining weight that’s different from being ugly baby. You’re really pretty. Stop thinking that way huh?” Siwon cupped her face and they shared a kiss.

“Really? You still love me even if I’m fat?” she cutely sulked.

“Yes, even if you gain more weight, or you lose some, I will still love you. My only Mrs. Choi. Arasso?” Tiffany hugged him tight and snuggled on his warm chest. Truly, it takes a lot of understanding to deal with pregnant women. Siwon had been learning his way but the road never gets easier. Just because it’s their first time having a kid.

He was working on his desk late when Siwon felt arms cross his upper body.

“Siwonnie…” Tiffany whispered in his ears.

“Uhuh?” was her husband’s square reply. 

“Let’s get to bed. Too much work is bad for you baby.” Soon Tiffany started placing butterfly kisses on his neck, making Siwon’s body shiver from the touch.

“Mhmm, okay. I’m just going to finish this baby. Go back to bed alright? I love you.” Siwon kissed her lips passionately that made her wife smirk at him. Tiffany was left speechless that she actually thought Siwon was by what she did.

Few more minutes, Siwon jumped in bed next to his sleeping wife. He felt so spent that day that he wanted to sleep as much as he wants. Siwon lies back and hugs Tiffany close to him when he felt her hands traveling around his body.

“Siwon…” her voice sounded different and kind of smoky.

“Babe…”

“Siwonnie, I miss you.” Her hands got under his shirt and kissed Siwon on his lips.

“I missed you too baby, might as well don’t come to work tomorrow and I’ll spend my time with you.” Siwon grunted in his sleepy voice.

“Not that baby, I missed you.” Tiffany signaled for him to take his shirt off but he was too sleepy and spent to actually realize what she wanted.

“Tiff, I’m tired. I can’t do some tonight. I’m really spent baby, let’s just sleep okay baby?” Siwon kisses her forehead and got her hands off from him. He doesn’t know that this simple situation got her tempers flaring.

“You don’t really love me anymore because I’m ugly!” out of the blue Tiffany started to sob and sulk. Siwon had his eyes wide open hearing her. He scooted beside her and tried to hush her inferior thinking.

“Babe, it’s not like that. I’m just really, really tired. And I don’t want to push myself to the limit, I might pass out.” He explained but his wife started acting cold towards him again.

“No, you don’t love me anymore!”

“What the—“

“You hate me and you want to break up with me!”

“Tiffany that’s enough, you know that’s not true!”

“No, you’re always making excuses and—“

Shutting up, Siwon got her face close to him for a deep kiss. Luckily it started to act as magic when Tiffany slowly s her arms around him and tugging his shirt to be off. He pulled away to throw his shirt away and owned her lips again. Tiffany smiled between their kisses knowing she got what she wants.

“Oh boy.” Siwon panted as he pulled away from the long make out, breathing some air, but before he could get away any longer, Tiffany grabbed him back to her arms and sneaked him under the sheets.

***

“Sweetie, wake up, we have an appointment with your doctor today.” Siwon gently woke her up with a loving hug.

“Can we go a little bit later? I’m still sleepy.” She grunted, burying her face on his warm chest.

“Arasso, I’m just a little excited baby.” Siwon kissed her forehead and embraced her tight.

“Hmm, why?”

“We’re going to find out the baby’s gender!” Siwon almost jumped in glee from saying it.

“Oh, hmm, that’s why you’re so jumpy. So what do you want? A boy or a girl?” Tiffany sparkled her eyes knowing that his husband was ecstatic about the check-up.

“A boy of course! I really want it to be a boy and name it Siwon Jr.” he chuckles at the silly thought. It was clear that he really wanted a baby boy.

But…

“Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Choi, it’s a baby girl.” Dr. Lee said.

“WHAT! A girl?” Siwon stood in shock.

“Yes, and she’s perfectly healthy by the way.” Dr. Lee added as she swirled the device around Tiffany’s tummy.

“C-Can’t we change the gender??” he hastily asked. What a silly question but it implied a mental note on Tiffany.

“Siwon what the!” her wife hissed hearing him ask such a thing.

The drive home was once again quiet. Nobody wanted to talk about what happened at the doctors earlier. Siwon knew it was his fault being so insensitive towards his wife’s feelings, but he’s just human. He’s getting tired giving her ample understanding, and he just wanted her to understand his too.

“Stop the car.” Tiffany spoke out of the blue.

“What? Tiffany no, we’re going home you need to rest.” Siwon sounded disappointment behind the steering wheel.

“I said stop the car.” She said once again.

“Tiffany no, I’m not dropping you here.” They were passed by a stoplight near Taeyeon’s apartment. Siwon knows that she’s going to run to her best friend again, like what she always did when they had arguments before they were married.

“Stop the freaking car!” She shouted. Siwon did as he was told. Tiffany jolted out of his car.

“If you don’t want this kid then I’m staying away from you!” she slammed the door and walked to Taeyeon’s apartment.

“Tiffany, hey! What the—Tiffany get back here!” Siwon was irritated of how Tiffany was acting up over a single mistake. She took it wrongly, and Siwon knew he was all to blame.

At home, Siwon could not keep his worry. He tried calling Tiffany over and over but she turned off her phone. His last luck, Taeyeon only activated her voice mails. He can’t think of anything but his wife who is not by his side. Only a few hours have passed and Siwon was growing crazy thinking of her. He’s missing her badly, and regretting not being a good husband to her. What was his exasperation when Tiffany had to carry the baby for nine months? It was nothing, in fact he could only do less.

He fell asleep on the couch when he felt his phone vibrated. A message from Taeyeon.

Oppa, Tiffany will be staying with me tonight. It seems that she’s hurt from your little argument earlier. Don’t worry I’ll bring her home first thing in the morning tomorrow. I’m sorry for making you wait, but I think this is the best for the two of you. Take care.

Siwon breathed a little bit easier but he still misses his cuddly wife beside him.

***

The next day, Siwon busied himself in the kitchen making Tiffany’s favorite breakfast, strawberry pancakes. The door cracked open and two women came in chattering.

“Oh, it’s you guys.” He smiled. Taeyeon greeted him but Tiffany did not utter a word.

“Um, you staying for breakfast Taeyeon? I’m making pancakes.” Siwon invited her over.

“Oh. No, thanks. I have schedules so, I’m kind of, in a hurry. I just made Tiffany got here safe.” Taeyeon replied. Siwon nodded while he watched his wife go upstairs and lock the doors.

“Is-uh, she still mad at me?” Siwon asked.

“Kind of. She was really disappointed when you asked about changing the baby’s gender.” Taeyeon chuckled a bit from hearing the news. “Sorry about that, but, she’s alright. She just thought you didn’t want to keep the kid anymore.” She said as she continues.

“What? No, it’s not that. Why did she thought it that way?”

“I know, I talked to her about it, I know you wouldn’t think that way. Just be extra patient with Tiffany, Siwon. She’s emotional over these things because she’s pregnant, and you know what it does to women right?” Siwon just nodded at Taeyeon’s statement.

He thought of a good comeback to make it up to her and decided to bring her breakfast in bed. Siwon kicked the door open and found her sitting on the bed reading a book.

“Surprise! Breakfast in bed!” Siwon brought down the tray in front of her and sat next to her. Tiffany tried acting cold but he knew it was one of her favorite things. He cut out a slice for her and motioned it in front of .

“Open. I know these are your favorites, you can’t turn me down baby.” He chuckles. Tiffany eats the pancake he gave when Siwon forgot to bring in some tea.

“Ow, shut. Wait, I’m getting your tea.” He scrambled out of bed and went down stairs.

Tiffany’s eyes, roamed around the room. It has only been a night and she misses Siwon badly. At least the treatment she’s getting from him was not bad. He has always been like this, a thoughtful, caring gentleman. That’s all she thought when her eyes looked beside the bed table. There was an unusual picture frame sitting on it.

Siwon came back with two mugs of tea in his hand when she saw Tiffany holding the picture frame he put last night by their bedside.

“Did you do this?” it was her first words to him ever since the argument yesterday.

“Um, yeah. I thought it would be our first family picture.” Siwon said. Well he clearly remembers last night, he placed a picture of the two of them and their baby’s ultrasound scan in one frame. It was a sweet gesture that melted her wife’s heart.

“Come here, you.” She opened her arms and welcomed Siwon to a hug.

“I’m sorry baby, I was too impulsive last night. I never meant it, and I never meant to hurt you.” He said.

“You know the moment I married you, I know you would be a good dad. You looked better with kids than me and you were a responsible man all your life. I knew you wouldn’t break your promise.” She smiled at him and kissed his cheeks.

“Listen, um, why don’t we, go baby shopping today?” he said out of the blue.

“Huh?”

“Yeah, pick nice dresses for our little one. I’ve always wanted to do that with you.” His heart skipped a beat knowing that his father duties were starting at this point in time.

“Someone’s getting excited huh? Can’t wait for you to be a daddy to our baby girl. You would be the hottest dad I know.” She chuckles, intertwining their hands.

***

“What do you think of this?” Tiffany picked a cute little pink dress and showed it to Siwon.

“Um, it’s okay but, aren’t we getting too much pink?” he looked at the stuff they got and it was obvious that everything came in the same color.

“It’s a girl Siwon, and I’m her mom.” She cheekily smiles. Yeah, Tiffany is the mom, there could never be such a thing as ‘too much pink’.

“Oh, how about feeding bottles, they don’t really have to come in pink right?” Siwon consciously checked the bottles one by one, when an old lady out of nowhere walked past by them.

“What a lovely couple, and a handsome young man! I’m sure your kid will be as handsome as you.” The lady compliments. Siwon blushes at the thought.

“Ah, thank you halmeoni, but we’re having a baby girl.” Siwon cleared.

“Oh, then your daughter must be as beautiful as this young lady here.” The grandma looked at the shy Tiffany.

“Thank you halmeoni.” She bows her head still smiling at the fact that his husband was very vocal about having a baby girl.

“I wish you a lot of kids in the future. Take care both of you.’ She sent her blessing to the couple before walking again. They both flushed at the thought that the old lady wished for them to have a lot of kids in the future.

***

It was Tiffany’s 8th month and few more weeks, she would be bringing birth to their first born. Siwon wanted her to stay at home most of the time and let him do all the work. One lazy afternoon, they were both lying in bed, having their quality time as a couple.

“What do you want to name her?” Siwon asked.

“I have ideas, but not really decided on it.” She giggles.

“What about naming her after your members? Ah, Hyoyeon? That would be cute. A little dancer!” Siwon dreamily suggested.

“And not to mention, a choding.” They both burst into laughter.

“What about, Jiwon? Let’s name her after your sister.” Tiffany proposed.

“Ani, ani. That’s too close to my name. Let’s pick something different. Since she is out first born.” Siwon said.

“What about SooJin?” Tiffany blurted.

“Huh? SooJin? Why?” Siwon asked.

“Nothing, it just has a nice ring to it.” She smiles.

“Hm, yeah. Seems like it. Choi SooJin. Not bad. Very princess like, just like you!” he beams. “SooJin-ah, come out quick. Daddy wants to see you!” Siwon whispered to her tummy like it would understand him.

“I can’t wait to see you with her. See you carry her to sleep, calm her down when she’s crying…”

“Feed her milk in the middle of the night and play all day with her.” Siwon continued.

“Then when she grows a little older, we’ll bring her every weekend to her grandparents.” She sat back.

“And send her to her eight other aunties and play with her fourteen uncles.” Siwon said, and they both laugh at the thought.

“I love you Siwon. Thanks for being an understanding husband. I could never ask for more.” She snuggles on his frame.

“I love you too and Soojinnie.” He placed a sweet kiss on her forehead, feeling his warm and happy insides, all because of having his own family.

 

-----------------------------------------------

A/N: for sifany21! sorry if it took long! I did my best (but I feel I have failed huehue T^T) It has been a long time since then right? How is everyone? Imma update my other fics soon, so while waiting for that, enjoy yourselves here. Tell me what you think! ^^ See you all soon! Babye~