Skip Beats

SFNY One Shots

 

I was rolling back and forth on my bed. Time check 2:00AM, it has been an hour since I got to bed and sleepiness won't visit me today. I tried turning on the TV, there was nothing interesting to watch, I checked on my emails and social networking accounts but I barely had the right mind to see what's been going on. I my phone and I saw another of her lovely photos which I used as my background. Tiffany. Oh god. When was the last time we actually saw each other? Like a month? Or two? I lost track. Our schedules never meet and we barely had time to talk. It's like the world conspires to break us apart by not actually seeing each other. Yet, I have to be extra patient with what's going on. We both wanted this and as a man, I must make a way for things to work out. 
 
I thought of her. She's in the US right now with the group, promoting their first ever full English album. It got me to thinking that it was probably five in the afternoon in New York. I decided to call her, this might soothe my aching heart for my girlfriend who I haven't seen for so long. She took long to pick up, wonder what she's up to? 
 
"Siwon? Why did you call? Isn't it three in the morning in Seoul?" she asked me as soon as she got over the line.
 
"I can't sleep, so I decided to call you. Am I disturbing something over there?" I asked cautiously.
 
"Um, no. We just got back in the hotel. Is there something wrong baby?" she asked worriedly. I knew she would be worried. It's not common for a guy to call and be up at the ungodly hours of the morning. 
 
"I just can't sleep. I decided on calling you. Maybe hearing your voice will somehow make me think of you less." I didn't care if that sounded cheesy. It was the plain truth that I was missing her.
 
"Haha, okay, so that's a nice pick-up line. You should be sleeping now, you have a CF shoot tomorrow right? You wouldn't like to be looking like a panda with your dark eye circles! Haha! Just kidding oppa."  she joked around, somehow that made me smile, how she cared for me and was worried for me most of the time.
 
"Baby?" 
 
"Yes, Wonnie oppa?~" she did aegyo over the line which made me cringe in a good way.
 
"When will you come home?"  I asked her. Even though I know she'll be coming home tomorrow, I was like a kid who wanted to know when she was coming home. 
 
"You asked that for the nth time baby. I'm coming home tomorrow.." she said with an apologetic voice. I can't wait for her to come home and spend some time with her. This time I'll try to make a way with our busy schedules. 
 
"Sorry, I just really wanted you to come home because I really miss you." she never spoke a word when she heard that. My voice was almost nearing to break down and cry.
 
"Aw, I miss you too Choi baby. Promise I'll see you once I come back. I love you!" I was waiting for her to say that. My heart skipped a beat on the littlest things she says to me. 
 
"Really? I miss you so much baby, half a month was no joke." I muttered through the phone. Right now, I just want her to know that I want to be with her so much.
 
"I thought you might be seeing other girls than me, I would kill if somebody tries to steal you from me." There was seriousness in her voice, but I laughed at that, was she thinking that way? I barely have the right mind to cheat on her. She keeps me with her and something keeps me from falling for her over and over.
 
"Babe, you know I can't do that, I'm just yours. Your Wonnie oppa. So give me a kiss, and a cuddle me close when you get back here okay? Love you babe." I mustered through the phone line. I hear her giggle from what I said. My affections made her heart flutter.
 
"Too cheesy! Get back to sleep now. I'll see you tomorrow baby." she said. I didn't want to end the phone call but I'm guessing she's tired from her day. I said goodnight and tucked myself to bed again.
 
The next day...
 
Today is our 4th anniversary. How time flies and we have been together for that long. I don't know if she remembered or what but none of us mentioned about this day during the phone call last night. Me, I have something up for this day. Something that would change our lives forever.
 
***
It was 6pm here in Seoul. I was on my way to the airport to see my girl. This time it's a surprise, I don't usually pick her up from the airport when she arrives. They have managers who do that but tonight would be an exception. I wanted to be there the very moment their planes lands. 
 
My heart was beating fast. I looked at the LCD panels on flight infos, their plane just arrived, approximately twenty minutes from now, Tiffany would be walking through where I was waiting. What made me more nervous, there were press people around, maybe trying to get decent photos of the girls or maybe a quote or two regarding their US tour. But it's all or nothing. Some photographers also tried getting shots of me, the ever protective boyfriend of one member of the girl group their anticipating. Like them, I am patiently waiting.
 
Soon, glass doors open. Their managers are trudging with their luggages. Then I first saw Sunny, Hyoyeon, the leader Taeyeon followed by Jessica. She's not with the midget pack, maybe with the tall team. Few minutes came Sooyoung, Seohyun, Yoona and Yuri. What? No Tiffany? Where is she? Did she stayed some more in the US? 
 
But right when I was to approach one of the members, the next girl who came put of the glass doors was Tiffany.
 
She was gorgeous. Right at that moment, I wanted to hug her and kiss her, but I remembered my plan for that day. 
 
As soon as she stepped out of the glass door, music came playing on the airport's lobby. It was one of the songs I loved singing to her. From afar I saw her smile, did she remember me? She kept the smile for long. I was melting with what I was seeing, but I have to approach her before she leaves the airport and of course before the song ends.
 
The girls rode the escalator going down from the arrival area. Our song was still playing. I saw her from the second floor, she was oblivious to the fact that I was waiting down, right after she alights the escalator. Tiffany was getting closer and closer but she still doesn't see me, but when she turned her head front, she saw me holding a bunch of her favorite flowers. Her smile got even bigger, our song, her and me. She came running to me and hugged me real tight. I didn't had the chance to hand her the flowers because she was hugging me for over a minute. 
 
I parted from the hug and looked at her eyes. The words she kept saying was "I missed you and I love you", it was perfect but it seems like she forgot about our anniversary.
 
"Happy anniversary baby." I kissed her forehead while she encircled her arms on my waist embracing me tight. 
 
"It's our 4th baby, I still love you!" she remembered then she kissed me on the cheeks. I smiled wildly and felt the moment. 
 
When I finally built the courage, I grabbed something from my pocket and kneeled down in front of everyone. Our song was in repeat and eyes were on me. Tiffany was clueless on what was on but I just had one question to ask.
 
"Tiffany, I love you for the rest of my life and I love you for who you are. Would you love me back forever? Will you... marry me?" I asked her while kneeling down holding a box with a simple ring on it. Hoping she would accept me in front of the commotion I made. 
 
It took her a while to answer, my head was down. When I looked at her, she was crying and smiling at me at the same time. 
 
And my heart skipped a beat.
 
Her 'yes' made it skip a beat :)