Meeting Dr. Love? Pt 1

SFNY One Shots

“So what’s the plan?” Yuri joined the huddled group inside Taeyeon’s room. Everyone was there, except for one, the topic of the secret discussion.

“Maybe we should drug her!” Yoona suggested. Her choding skills were evident again.

“Maybe we should bribe her with pink?” The clever maknae recommended.

“Aniya that won’t work, we tried to give her all sorts of pink but still she won’t come!” Hyoyeon felt frustration as they ran out of choices. The matter seemed to be as complicated as it was, that stubborn member was Tiffany. The girls have failed into bringing Tiffany to a doctor, after the operation she had with her nodules three years ago, she swore never to go to the doctor again, or at hospitals. Taeyeon, who stood the leader, was worried about her health since these past few days she was suffering from cold and a sore throat.

“I’m hoooome! Guys, where are you?” Tiffany took of her shoes after a long day of work.

“Shut! She’s here!” Taeyeon gasped.

“Ottokhe? Ottokhe!” Jessica panicked as she heard Tiffany opening the doors of each room. She seemed to be stranged by the feeling of nobody was in the kitchen nor in the living room when she got home.

“Ugh, not again, we just failed the last—“

“Hey guys what’s the commotion here?” Sunny was not even finished whining about how their plans were going into the fail downhill when Tiffany entered the room. All eyes were on her, surprised and looking helpless, hoping that she didn’t hear any of their conversations.

“We, we, uhm uh…” Sooyoung tried to cover up but she can’t come up with a valuable reason.

“We were playing a game unnie!” Yoona clapped, everyone agreed and nodding their heads like dashboard doggies. That was a close call.

“Oh, what game?” Tiffany asked.

*crickets*

The dead air revealed the truth. Tiffany was sensing something different with what brought them all to Taeyeon’s room, and without her. In the back of her head, it was one of those secret meetings again, the one that were intended to send her to an actual doctor or a hospital.

“Joohyun…” Tiffany shifted her eyes to Seohyun, she knew Seohyun very well after bein roommates for quite some time. She knew Seohyun was not good at lying.

“Unnie, I, we—“

“Seo Joohyun.” As soon as Seohyun heard that from Tiffany she just bowed her head and spilled out the beans.

“You’re right unnie, it’s the never ending mission again.”  She sighed, head hung low. Tiffany’s face turned into a disappointing one. Here it goes again, every time she gets sick, everyone conspires to secretly or if not bribing her to meet a physician or at least go to a clinic.

“You guys, when can you learn that I don’t want to do to the doctors anymore?!” She said in a reprimanding tone that even Taeyeon’s soul almost shook out.

“But Fany-ah, you need to go see a doctor, what if your colds and sore throat might be an indication that your nodules are back?” Taeyeon said so as to sound reasonable, but Tiffany was too persistent to care.

“I won’t, never, not ever. I’m not dying so please calm down.” She said with a hint of annoyance.

“Unnie, just please. Everyone is worried for you, even our fans, please unnie, go see a doctor, please?” Yoona linked her arms around Tiffany to convince her but even the dongsaeng of the group couldn’t nudge the narrow-minded Fany.

“That’s it guys, you should stop convincing me to see a doctor or go to a hospital or whatever. The next time this happens, I don’t know anymore.” She stood up and went straight to her room leaving the other eight with their problematic faces. Tiffany didn’t want to be harsh on them, but her last hospitalization experience gave her the dread not to go back there again.

***

The next day, everyone woke up earlier than Tiffany. They were having breakfast quietly, analyzing what happened last night when Tiffany broke out in anger because of their persistent request to send her to a doctor. Soon a girl in her pink pajamas joined the table like nothing happened yesterday.

“Morning guys, anyone who has a schedule today?” she asked while pouring her mug a generous serving of hot chocolate.

“Mm, I have a photoshoot this morning.” said Hyoyeon.

“Variety show recording.” Jessica raised her hand.

“I’m eating. Here. At home.” Yoona broke in causing everyone to give a hearty laughter.

“Fany-ah, can you accompany me to get new clothes today? And we’ll meet a friend too.” Sooyoung cutely requested while circling her fingers around her mug.

“Eh, why me?” Tiffany chortled.

“Because everyone has something to do and I don’t have, please Fany-ah? Then treat me ice cream!!” Sooyoung rejoiced at the idea that Tiffany will treat her to ice cream like she always does when they are out.

“What makes you so sure that I have nothing to do today? And that I will treat you ice cream?” Tiffany teased the shikshin.

“Aww, Fany-ah don’t be like that!” Sooyoung played tantrums like a high-pitched kid.

“Ah, arasso! If not only for that grilling aegyo of yours. Wait for me to get dressed.” Tiffany stood up to wash her mug and get ready. “Jinjja! Yay! Thank you Fany-ah!” Sooyoung jumped in glee, but deep inside she has something beneath the plan.

As soon as Tiffany entered the shower, Sooyoung whispered something to the eight other ones.

“This is so gonna be it.”

***

“Fany-ah, is it okay if we pass by my friend first? I really need to see him because he has something this afternoon.” Sooyoung asked while driving.

“Him? A guy? Does Ryeowook know about this ‘friend’?” Tiffany curiously asked, she felt eagerness in Sooyoung’s tone of voice. She clearly knew that Ryeowook and Sooyoung were dating.

“Silly, he’s my cousin! Stop forming issues. I’ll introduce you to him.” Sooyoung winked at Tiffany while the girl felt a strange excitement with what her dongsaeng said.

“Stop acting like that, I’m going to punch you.” Tiffany giggled as Sooyoung constant to mock her with the unknown guy.

Before they knew it, they stopped in front of an office looking establishment. Sooyoung immediately went down and grabbed Tiffany out of the car. Tiffany looked around but since Sooyoung had a fast pace, she had to keep up, glancing at the door sign, Tiffany was not sure if she saw the right thing. A name plate on the door, she was kind of skeptic but at a glance she read ‘Siwon Choi, M.D.’

A doctor.

Sooyoung pushed the door open while still dragging Tiffany in. Knocking from her senses, Tiffany tried to let go of her grasp and condescendingly asked the younger. “Yah! Is this a doctor’s office? Yah Choi Sooyoung answer me!” Tiffany did the best she could to free herself but Sooyoung’s grip was too strong.

No doubt, it was indeed a clinic. White painted walls, anatomy of human posters, weighing scale and some pamphlets about drug abuse and mental health. Tiffany felt upset that she fell into the traps of this girl.

“Oppa, were here!” she heard Sooyoung shout while she was seated at a sofa. She sent Sooyoung the sharpest ice glares while the younger did not flinch. It was all for her unnie she thought. Then again, from Tiffany being out of mood and Sooyoung nervous if it will work out, a man’s voice boomed inside the silent white room.

“Oh, I thought you guys would never come.”

Tiffany looked up and saw a tall guy in a white coat. He plastered a gentle smile, his face was just as lovely as his soothing voice. The way he stood there looking at them, priceless. She had to admit, she was mesmerized until she didn’t notice that she was looking intently at him.

“Fany-ah!”

Suddenly Sooyoung’s voice plucked her out of her daydream. Tiffany shook his head and turned to Sooyoung.

“Fany-ah, oppa’s hand had been waiting for you the last minute. What are you on? Aigoo.” Sooyoung hissed. Tiffany saw the guy’s hand waiting for a handshake, she took it and felt little electric currents in her veins as their hand touched.

“Hi, nice to meet you, Siwon. Choi Siwon.” The guy said, plastering again one of those infamous smiles that caught her the first time. Tiffany was flabbergasted, she couldn’t feel her lips move although she wanted to speak. Though the lack for words, she was smiling all the time like an idiot which Siwon chuckled about.

Hey Tiffany pabo! Get to your senses! Like her conscience spoke.

“Um, hi. Uh, um, Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang.” She said awkwardly. Sooyoung just stood there embarrassed for her starstruck friend. Wait, so who was the idol again? She thought and just shook her head.

“Sooyoung I can take it from here.” Siwon gave her a heads up and Sooyoung winked knowing it was all planned.

“Thank you so much oppa! I really have to go now.” She motioned her wrist watch telling she has other appointments.

“Still dating that Super Junior guy, Youngie?” Siwon teased as he put on his stethoscope.

“Oppa!” she whined.

“Just kidding. Take care Sooyoung.” Siwon smiled.

“Fany-ah, I’ll leave you with Siwon oppa, don’t worry he’s the cousin I’m talking about. Maybe you two can get to know each other well. Call me Fany-ah!” She motioned her hand to imitate a call while Tiffany felt confused.

“Hey Sooyoung aren’t we supposed to—“ Tiffany was about to follow her but she felt bad for Siwon who will be left alone. A great guy to be left alone? No way. But still, this violated her terms, it is still a doctor’s clinic and for sure Sooyoung will be dead meat at the dorms.

“Just see you at home! Oppa will take care of you now.” Sooyoung comforted her older sister and hurriedly went out.

Now the room only contained the two of them. Tiffany and the uber-hot physician that Sooyoung met from nowhere. Oh, it was his cousin.

“So um, it’s Tiffany right?” Siwon asked. Well now that I’m here, there’s nothing to do now. Tiffany thought.

***

“Please look away from the light.” Siwon ordered. Tiffany was now sitting on a bed that resembled the hospital bed a lot. Now that he was left alone with this charming young man, she has no choice but to play nice and do what Sooyoung told her, to behave. A gentle guy like him, should deserve some respect and maybe the attention? Because until now, Tiffany is fangirling over him, which clearly should be the other way around.

“Seems like you and Sooyoung are really close you even found out who is she dating.” Tiffany tried small talk, Siwon amused of her sudden inquiry, smiled at her.

“Pretty much like that, she’s my favorite dongsaeng and cousin. We grew up together so, I can say that I know her pretty well.” He said confidently, but Tiffany can’t help but to look on his expressive eyes and get lost whenever he talks.

“How old are you?” She asked all of a sudden. After seconds of asking it, Tiffany found out that it was so awkward she actually felt her cheeks burn up. Good thing Siwon turned his back to get homething from his medical cabinet.

“Open wide please. What was that you’re asking?” Siwon did as he wanted his patient to do. Tiffany had open and Siwon stuck out a tongue depressor and took a look if his patient was in best condition.

“Arkghrhh frkghhrh rarkkh?” Her words were inaudible because of the stick that rested on top of her tongue. Siwon removed it and they both busted into a chuckle.

“I asked how old you were.” Tiffany questioned him, clearer this time.

“28, and why?” Siwon stopped on his tracks to meet Tiffany in the eye. She didn’t expect that, all of a sudden she felt her cheeks burn up again, this time Siwon could see her clearly. Aigoo, what a wrong moment to actually admire someone. “You are going craniofacial erythema, haha so cute.” He sniggered.

So cute? Tiffany heard that from a lot of guys but when Siwon said it, the words actually became music to her ears. The way he said it was like mesmerizing. She doesn’t care what the hell does that cranio-something meant. What’s important is that she got the attention of this oppa by noticing her charms.

“So when are you going to debut?” Tiffany asked more comfortably now. She didn’t have an issue with Siwon at all being a physician or a nurse. She felt at ease with him because the guy has a wamr and welcoming nature.

“What debut?” Siwon asked confusingly while he place his fingers below Tiffany’s neck to check her system.

“Impossible, you should become a K-Pop idol! Or maybe a drama actor. You’re quite good looking and I’m sure you have patients that could be your potential fangirls.” Tiffany joked as she tried to feel at ease. Siwon’s fingers came in contact with her skin again and she tried her best not to feel anything but it failed her, the essence that Siwon was close made her daydream about him more.

“Thank you for thinking that way but, I think I’m sticking with my career. No debuts or whatever.” Siwon checked something on his clipboard and helped Tiffany get off the clinic bed and went to his table.

“Sooyoung never told me about you.” Tiffany stated as Siwon was busy hand writing something on his prescription pad.

“Sooyoung had told me a lot about you. You’re her favorite unnie. That’s why when she asked me to do this I gladly said yes. I would really like to meet the special people in Youngie’s life.” Siwon answered back. Somehow, that made Tiffany jealous. How she wanted to be Sooyoung at the moment, she was very close to him and probably knew everything about him.

“Are you sure you and Youngie are cousins?” Tiffany inquired. Siwon just laughed at her emphasis, she was thinking the cousin was just a front.

“Is my name enough as proof?” Siwon handed Tiffany the prescription pad that indicated his unreadable handwriting. “Besides Sooyoung never really had an older brother, so I was always there for her as an older brother.” He chided, Tiffany just gave a nod.

“Well, Tiffany you’re pretty fine. Your coughs and sore throat are just a result of lack of vitamins so I’m recommending you one. Please try to sleep as early as possible, or if not, get ample time of rest. That triggers cold and sore throat so please have lots of rest. Try to stay away first from cold drinks, and lots of water.” Siwon advised with a warm smile. Tiffany lost her sanity again with that smile. Never did she want to be close to someone like him before. Siwon was just that interesting that she never wanted to be sick so bad just to see him again.