Photograph Pt 2

SFNY One Shots

 

Not taking the sight, Siwon walked away and found his alone time. He needs to breathe, not being able to decipher what was going on, Nichkhun was finally making his move and sooner or later, they will be together and Siwon was not still over her.

 

Siwon was throwing small rocks at the brook he was sitting by. It was not really far away from the camp, he just needed to think when a small voice broke his solitude.

 

“Siwon..”

 

That angel like voice, he missed it.

 

Turning to the voice’s direction, he saw Tiffany standing there.

 

***

They sat in silence. Then Tiffany broke it.

 

“Why did you give up on me?” It was a question Siwon was not expecting. He looked deeply at Tiffany’s deep eyes trying to muster out a good reason.

 

“Nichkhun likes you, I can’t do that to my best friend, I-I need to give way.” He turned away from her gaze, afraid that he might give up and fall for her again.

 

“And you? Why didn’t you fight for us?” Tiffany’s voice raised slightly higher.

 

“Us? There were no us Tiffany. And I won’t allow that to happen, because Nichkhun couldn’t take it if there was an us.” Siwon was stubbornly replying.

 

“What about me? You think I could take it? Take it being without you? It hurts so much Siwon, you’re a selfish freak, you didn’t even think of me!” She nudged Siwon’s shoulders making him face her.

 

“I’m not selfish, I just want you to be happy, I don’t want you to run around crazy on whom to choose between Nichkhun and me. I’m giving way, be happy with him.” Siwon went frustrated, not wanting to hear another word from Tiffany.

 

“There’s just you Siwon, I want you. Not anybody else, don’t set this up for me because I love you!” Tiffany’s tears were on the brink of falling, Siwon saw her expressive eyes, it was telling the truth.

 

She brought their faces closer. Siwon did the same, their mutual feelings came back and their faces were centimeters away from each other. Their reunion was sealed with a kiss. It was a kiss better than the first, because she was with the man she loved the most.

 

***

Siwon insisted to go back, he stood up first and got Tiffany’s hand to raise herself up. They were about to walk back to the camp but Tiffany didn’t let go of his hand. She intertwined her fingers with it and felt the warmth of his presence. His heart beats like crazy, the girl beside him was happy.

Donghae saw Tiffany and Siwon come back together, the group was having a photo op when they walked back. Donghae saw the two and approached them.

 

“Hey, just stay still there, I’ll get a photo of you guys.” Siwon and Tiffany being surprised, stood awkwardly and tried to put on their happy faces. But they were indeed happy that time, more than happy. A click sound was heard and Donghae put down the camera, he saw that Tiffany and Siwon’s hands were intertwined, Siwon seeing Donghae’s eyes parted from the touch and walked on first.

 

PRESENT

 

“It’s a bit complicated Jun Hee, but dad managed to tell mom that he loves her very much. Just like how we love you.” Siwon finished the sentence, not wanting to dig in deeper because the little boy might ask questions that may be complicated to explain to him.

 

Siwon felt the weight of Jun Hee, he lifted the kid’s head up and saw he was sleeping soundly. He got up and carried Jun Hee to his room and tucked him in. He couldn’t be happier having a family of his own.

 

Going back to his business, Siwon went back to his laptop and started reading again. From time to time, he had to bring work home and do extra hard for his family. He wanted to be independent and he wanted to take responsibility of making a living for his wife and kid. Eyes firmly focused on the screen, somebody back hugged Siwon that made him surprised.

 

“Siwonnie appa, let’s go to sleep now~” He turned his head and saw Tiffany pouting at him with tired eyes.

 

“Baby, you go to bed first I just need to finish this, okay?” Siwon kissed her forehead and tried to go back to work, but his wife was a stubborn one. Tiffany pressed the off button on his laptop making Siwon slightly infuriated.

 

“Hey! What was that for?” his eyes shifted to the giggling Tiffany who smiled of her success to distract him.

 

“You won’t get off work, so I’m having the work get off you. Just go to bed early this once Siwon. Stop pushing yourself too hard, I don’t want you to get sick.” Tiffany placed a kiss on his cheek that made Siwon stand up and carry her to their room.

 

“Oppa! Put me down!” she cutely protested.

 

“Come on, just this once like you said.” Siwon placed her on bed and tugged her for a warm hug. Tiffany was feeling their moment, she missed Siwon so much and they barely had time for things like these.

 

“Did Jun Hee asked you about—“

 

“About us?’ Siwon tried to melt her with his intense stare.

 

“Yah! Stop staring like that!” Tiffany pushed his face away but Siwon came back with a quick kiss on her lips.

 

“Why did you want Jun Hee to know huh?” he teased.

 

“Why wouldn’t you want to? Because you’re afraid that Jun Hee might think that his daddy was a pabo not admitting his feelings to the girl he likes?” Tiffany teased a lot better and showing of a smirk.

 

“You’re too much I say, what if I didn’t do it that day? Would you be happy as you are now?” Siwon grinned because he knew he was winning the little debate they had. Tiffany shook her head a giggled.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Seoul National High School

August 1997

 

Two days after the hiking trip.

 

“Whoa, whoa. There she comes, we have to hide guys.” Donghae shouted inside as he went to look out for Tiffany out the window. Today was her birthday, their group of friends were planning a surprise for her at the nearby café where they would always hang out after class.

 

It was odd for Tiffany because nobody greeted her on her birthday, what was worse, Seohyun, Yuri and Jessica had other plans for the day so she had no choice but to go alone for the day. It was out of her radar that the people had a surprise for her at their usual hang-out.

 

Tiffany stopped in front of the door, she noticed that there were no people inside but the store sign reads OPEN. She shrugged off the feeling and went inside. As her foot set on the shop’s floor, balloons and confetti came popping out of nowhere.

 

“SAENGIL CHUKHA HAMNIDA, SAENGIL CHUKHA HAMNIDA! SARANGHANEUN TIPPANY~ SAENGIL CHUKHA HAMNIDA!!~”

 

A chorus sang while she was trying to grasp on the whole surprise party for her. Tiffany wandered her eyes around to find a particular person, everyone was there, except for him. Her wandering was disturbed when the cake was lit up and a special someone was holding it for her.

 

“Make a wish Tiffany!” Nichkhun said while holding her cake. She was too astounded because she had high hopes Siwon was celebrating her birthday with her but there was Nichkhun, stil clueless of what she really feels.

 

“Yah! Tiffany, blow the candles before they melt onto the cake, it might not be edible anymore!” Jessica shouted being the closeted shikshin of the group. Tiffany let out a shy smile and blew the candles then everyone started clapping.

 

While some of their friends were busy digging on to the food, Tiffany approached Seohyun, “Seo, where’s Si—“

 

“Oppa? Oh, he wants to give this to you.” Seohyun got a letter out of her bag and gave it to Tiffany. She got the envelope from Seo and went inside the ladies’ room so she can have alone time to read it.

 

Tiffany,

 

Happy Birthday my dearest. I hope you are having a fine time with our friends today. Were you surprised? Did you like it? Nichkhun and I planned it for you. Sorry if you had to be alone the whole day, because we were keeping it from you. Sorry if I can’t go, I have some important things to fix. Don’t worry I will try to make it up to you and see you before your special day ends. With that being said, can you meet me later at this restaurant? Don’t worry too much, just be there. I will be waiting. Happy birthday again Tiffany. Hopefully, my Tiffany.

 

Siwon

 

She heaved out a big sigh after reading the letter. Why does Nichkhun need to be involved in every little thing he does? She placed the letter in her skirt’s pocket and went out of the ladies room, just when she was about to walk back to her friends, a hand grasped hers.

 

“Tiffany can we talk?”

 

Nichkhun.

 

***

Side by side they sat on a bench at the shop’s rooftop. Seeing the afternoon as it slowly passes by and turns into night. There was unbreakable silence when Nichkhun decided to break it.

 

“Tiffany, I—“

 

“Nichkhun, we need to stop.” Before he could say anything, Tiffany spoke up.

 

“Nichkhun, I’m sorry for not telling you this earlier but I like someone else.” Tiffany continued. She was expecting Nichkhun to be mad and disappointed with the turn of events.

 

“I know.” He said. Tiffany check to see his expression, his head was down and he was not putting on the smiley face like he did earlier.

 

“I know it’s Siwon, Tiffany. I know that incident when we went camping. I heard everything. Today, I said to myself that if I can’t have you, I will let you go.” Nichkhun stood up.

 

“Nichkhun, I’m sorry—“

 

“You don’t have to be sorry Tiffany. It’s better to love and be lost than never loved at all.” Nichkhun left those words for Tiffany before walking away. She felt guilty, but then again, it was the right thing to do.” Her thoughts were fleeing when her phone vibrated in her pocket.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey, don’t forget okay? 6pm.” The voice on the other line stated, Tiffany knew it was no other than Siwon.

 

“Alright. I guess I’ll see you.” A smile formed on her face as she hurriedly went to the place indicated in the letter.

 

***

Tiffany was unsure if she would walk in inside the restaurant, it was a fancy looking one and she was not dressed appropriately for the event. She was still wearing her school uniform. Nevertheless, she went in and saw it was empty. There was nothing but a table for two in the middle. Out of nowhere, Siwon went walking towards her dressed in a suit.

 

“You never told me that this was—“ she was about to complain for not being dressed appropriately.

 

“You don’t need to dress up, you’re beautiful in every single way.” He said. His words was slowly melting her down. They were staring into each other’s eyes for about a minute when Siwon got something from his pocket.

 

“Before anything else, Tiffany Hwang, will you be my girlfriend?” he was holding a necklace with an infinite sign on it. Tiffany was forming tears in the sides of her eyes.

 

PRESENT

 

“Yes!” she shouted while trying to mock Siwon. Their little debate turned into a late night video game battle. It was funny how they acted like kids when few minutes before they were like all lovey dovey adults.

 

“So I won, it means you’re going to do breakfast for the whole week.” Tiffany stuck her tongue out while Siwon just laughed at her cute antics.

 

“Well I don’t mind waking up early, as long as I wake up next to you.” Siwon got her by the waist and kissed her cheeks.

 

“Smooth talker! Let’s go to bed, I’m sleepy already.” Tiffany plopped herself to ned and hid under the sheets, Siwon shrugged and followed suit.

 

Tiffany felt surprised when a warm hand came tugging her near and she was encircled in a buffy body. Siwon hugged her tight to sleep, it was a sweet moment he missed because of too much work.

 

“I love you Hwang Miyoung. I couldn’t get happier spending the rest of my life with you.” In his intricate, husky voice. With that being said, Tiffany snuggled and kissed him back.

 

“It’s funny how one photo reminds you of everything.” She chuchkled.

 

“Well, that was synonymous. You’re my everything.” Siwon snapped, because every single day was spent with her and they couldn’t wish for another forever.