MinAh's POV

My First Friend, My First love

 

New students in a school are always the main gossip around the campus. People are so curious that they would keep on looking and checking out the new person specially if transfer in the middle of the school year. That always happens to me. My parent jobs are so unstable that we have transfer towns just for them to keep their jobs. Well that’s no problem for me since I am not really that much of a friendly person. I have mean looking eyes so people would misinterpret some of my words and actions. They would say I’m cold, calling me Ice Queen or sometimes they call me mean. But I’m not really like that I want to make friends but it seems I really can’t.

                Before I would forget, let me introduce myself. I’m Kim MinAh, I’m 17 years old and this is my last year in high school, but I have to leave my 1st school of this year and transfer to another school. So tiring! And not just that, I was a transferee of that school as well. I’m tired of introducing myself all the time.  Anyway, I’m on my way to my new classroom and my homeroom teacher is showing me the way.

“Don’t worry dear, you’re classmates are nice people,” she said.

Oh really? I said to myself sarcastically. She went in first and greeted the class, as I waited outside of the class.

“alright settle down  every one! We have a new student coming in today,” the teacher said.

“Minah-shi, come in now,” she said to me.  I went inside with my head down. And I will keep it down.

“an-nyong-ha-se-yo, jo-nun Kim Min-ah , pan-gap-sum-ni-da” (hello, I’m Kim Min-ah, pleased to meet you) I said as I bowed.

The people just keep silent, As usual.

“Alright, MinAh-shi, take that seat at the back, it’s the only seat available,” she pointed the chair beside the empty one in the window.

“Which one?” I asked her silently?

She looked at me with a confused face. Then she looked at the place she pointed awhile back.

“Where is Zelo?” she asked her students, the other students.

“Tardy, as always,” said the girl at the front seat near to us.

“Absent!” said the guy at the back seat beside the two empty chairs.

“Did he told you why JongUp?” she asked the guy who said absent.

“He was here early ma’am but he left, he did not told us why but he just went outside and that he would be absent,” said the guy next to that JongUp guy.

“Alright never mind, MinAh-shi take the one near the window,” she ordered.

I followed silently, but the students eyes were all on me. Why wouldn’t they right? New student in the middle of the year and on the last of high school year as well, can’t blame them right? Just all I have to do is to keep a low profile and not to make close attachments. I will not stay here long anyway.

“Alright let’s start the class,” said our homeroom teacher and also our math teacher. The day went on normally, teachers teaching lessons, me trying not to sleep from boredom.

Then lunch time came. I stood up and walked to the door silently, and then suddenly … I crashed on someone’s chest.

“uhm, sorry,” I said as I touched my nose. Man this guy has some broad shoulders and his tall. I looked up to see his face.

“No, I should me sorry, I was the one in a hurry,” he has such an attractive voice. After that we walked passed me.

I was mesmerized by his features, he was tall, he has a broad chest and handsome too. But no MinAh, you can’t like him. You can’t.

I continued walking out of the room, and then I heard his voice again. “hyung, come with me,” he said, but I couldn’t hear more of their conversation since I was out of the classroom already.

It was lunch time but I wasn’t hungry so I decided to walk around the school campus.

It was huge; it has a big field at the back with a track field and a soccer field in the middle.

I walked around the hallway and people keeps on staring at me. Maybe this school gets a few transferees each year. Why? Because this people are so shocked seeing a new face around their campus, they’re so weird.

Anyways I walked all the way up to the rooftop of the school, and good thing it was not locked. I opened the door and fresh air welcomed me.

“Ah! This feels so good,” I said to myself as I feel the cold breeze against my body. I sat the down on floor near the door; I leaned back and closed my eyes.

This is all I need, fresh air. Being a new student again is suffocating. People keep on talking about you.

I was relaxing for sometimes now, when I heard a voice right beside me.

“Relaxing right?” the unknown yet familiar voice asked.

I opened my eyes and saw the guy I bumped in awhile back. Was I really that relax that I did not feel him sit beside me?

“You drop this awhile ago,” he said as he gave me my student I.D card.

“Thank you,” I said awkwardly. Nice move MinAh, now the atmosphere is really awkward. Well it’s for the best.

I stood up and cleaned myself, when we suddenly grabbed my hand.

“Ah, I’m Zelo by the way,” he said as he got up from where he was.

“I’m Kim MinAh,” I offered a hand shake and he responded as well.

I walked away from him and move closer to the edge of the rooftop which was fenced and the breeze blowing away my troubles.

“It feels so good here right?” he asked from my back.

I did not respond to his comment since his trying to make friends and I can’t have that, because once I made friends in an old school we became really close friends the 3 of us …

[flashback]

“Minie-yah! Faster,” said my friend HyunRi. We always play tag in the park in front of my house, ever afternoon.

“Hyunnie, Junie wait for me,” I said while running after them, this time I’m it and I can’t ever win. I have a week resistance so I give up easily.

 “MinAh don’t give easily okay,” said HyunRi as he pulled my hand.

[Reality]

“hey, MinAh-shi,” said Zelo. “you know true friends  will always be there for you even if your far away. So stop pushing people away.”

“You don’t know anything,” I said to him coldly. After that the bell rang.  “We should get back to class,” I said and turned around.

I don’t want to make friends because saying good bye is such a hassle. Too emotionally tiring and to annoying.

 

 

I arrived just in time, I got in the same time as our teachers and Zelo was not behind me?

“Where’s Choi JunHong?” The teachers asked.

JunHong? That sounds so familiar. Then no one answered the teacher so he went on his lessons. Then time passed by Zelo did not enter the class. Then it was time to go home.

When the bell rang, I headed out of the classroom right away so that I won’t have to entertain anyone’s attempt to make friends.

My house was just a walking distance away from our school so I have no worries about transportation. I opened the door and I was shock that it wasn’t lock. Usually I’m the first one home since my parents’ work is till late at night.

I rushed in to see if got robbed but to my surprise my parents shoes was there. They’re home already? That’s a miracle.

“Omma (mother)? aboji(father)? Are you home already?” I asked softly.

“MinAh, come inside the living room,” said my aboji.

Wow! He sounds so serious. I wonder what’s wrong, maybe were moving again. He only sounds serious if we’re moving.

“Aboji, what’s wrong?” I asked softly as I sat on the sofa beside my omma.

“MinAh, were staying here permanently, is that alright with you?” said my omma as she pat my shoulder.

“Jeongmal(really)? Is that for real?” asked with full curiosity.

“Yes my dear but we have to tell you something you forgot,” said my appa with a sad tone.

“MinAh, we lived here before, when you were young,” said aboji.

“What? We did? How come I don’t remember?” I asked with a sudden heavy feeling.

“MinAh, when you were young you had friends and one of them died in front of you,” said aboji.

“Friend? Was her name HyunRi?” asked while tears flowing down my eyes.

So that’s why this place was so familiar, that’s why I feel comfortable yet it still have a heavy atmosphere. So this is why I’m afraid to make friends, but what really happened?

“How? When?” I said of the blur, tears flowing nonstop from my eyes. I’m trying to wiping my tears away but there is just so much tears flowing from my eyes.

“MinAh? We waited for you to know that by yourself but it was taking so long, it was 10 years ago but you weren’t to remember any of what happened,” said omma, while tears falling on her cheeks.

“Omma, what truly happened that time?” I asked softy.

“We don’t really know my dear since we found you at the hospital after the incident and you were already in shock. You actually did not talk for 3 months,” aboji said calmly.

“Omma, can I go out for a while, I need fresh air,” I said with deep thoughts while holding back my tears.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay myself?” said Omma with a very sincere voice.

“yeah,” I said as I walked out the door.

The cold breeze welcomed me as soon as I stepped out of the door. The cold weather made me feel more down. I’m so confused right now, why can’t I remember something this important. Sigh, this is so hurt full.

The Feeling of forgetting someone who died in front of you, especially a friend, it is so annoying. Right now I have no idea where I’m going, I can’t even think straight. Then my head is starting to pound. Ah, it hurt so bad.

‘MinAh, don’t go there’

Huh? What was that? What is this memory?

‘MinAh, we be here do this’

My hurt feels like it’s going to burst, this memories coming in? Where is this coming from? Ahh.

I feel on my knees, my sight is getting blurry. The ground is moving right now, I can’t breathe properly.

I felt myself fell on the ground; I can see from my blurry version snowflakes falling from the sky, it looks very beautiful. Am I going to die like this, no one coming to my rescue?

“MinAh …,” said the unknown voice.

I can see someone in front of me right know but I can’t tell who this is, all I can see is blue hair, a familiar blue hair. Then my eyes shut.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.