Chapter 5

Love Me, Hate Me

Donghae went into his room. He just got back from his work. Yes, he worked at Choi Group and yes, as the Executive Manager. He took out all the things that inside his pocket's pants and put it on his big white desk. He was about to pull out his jacket when a knock on his door could be heard, making him stopped.

"Yes." The door was open and revealed his oldest brother, Sungmin.

"Donghae-ah...." 

"Owh, Sungmin-hyung. Come on in." Said the younger before he hanged his jacket with a hanger.

"How's your work? Today is your first day, right?" Sungmin asked him.

"Yeah. Work's fine. It's just that....something unexpected thing happened today." Donghae replied him before he made his way towards his brother who is now sitting on his bed.

"I dirtied someone's pants." Donghae chuckled, remembering the incident that he had that morning, earning a look from the other.

"Well, that's not I'm expected to hear from you." Sungmin said, making Donghae laugh at his words.

"Are you sure you're okay now?" Sungmin finally asked. His question only made the latter faintly smiled.

"I really want to ask this but I don't get the perfect time. Umma always stick with you so I don't want to make her worried by asking it in front of her." Sungmin explained. It's not that he's a busybody or anything, it's just that he want to know whether his youngest brother are really fine or not. He's the older brother afterall, so he can't just assumed that Donghae's alright and put a blind eye from him.

"I'm really fine, hyung. No need to worry over me. I'm totally fine." Donghae assured him.

"Really?" Sungmin raised his eyebrow, didn't satisfies with his answer.

"What I need to say to make you believe me? I totally over with him, hyung." Sungmin nodded. It's clear to him now that his brother is fine.

"I'm just worried Donghae-ah, but if you said so then, i believe in you." Donghae flashed his smile. He was thankful to have an older brother like Sungmin, always worried about others when his own feeling is totally being ignored.

"So where did you went to, actually? You never told us." Sungmin asked.

"New Zealand." 

"Auckland?" Donghae nodded.

"What did you do there?"

"I went to night clubs......everynight." Donghae playfully said to his brother. He knew Sungmin hates night club. But he then regretted it because Sungmin hit his head hard.

"Argh! Hyung!!" Donghae yelled at him while rubbing the spot where he got hit.

"Yah! Don't you have better things to do??!!" Sungmin yelled back at him.

"I was just joking around!!" 

"And what's with that voice??!! I'm your hyung!!!" Sungmin hit him again. This time, at the back of his head.

"What was that for??!!!" Donghae whinced.

"That's what you get for yelling at me." And then, he hit him again, at the other side of Donghae's head.

"HYUNG!!"

"That's for playing with me." Sungmin said.

"Aishh....Hyung is no fun at all. What happen if I get brain complication?? Aigoo...my precious head." Donghae said while rubbing his entire head with both of his hand.

"Stop overeacting will you. But seriously, what did you do?" Sungmin get back to his serious mode.

"I'm sulking here. Don't want to answer you." Donghae said while pretending to sulk with him. Sungmin raised his hand, ready to hit him again but Donghae was too quick to stop him.

"Hyung! Don't be too serious will you! Fine, I'm telling you! I teach." Finally Donghae answered him but Sungmin doesn't seem to believe in him.

"You.....teach."

"I'm telling you the truth! I teach at an orphanage."

"What did you teach?"

"Korean."

"And the students there like you?"

"I'm famous you know." Sungmin laughed.......hard, he even lie down on the bed and put his both hands at his tummy.

"HAHAHAHA!!!! You.........famous......HAHAHAHA!!!!!" Sungmin continued to laugh, making the younger pissed off.

"Yah! What so funny?" Donghae furiously asked.

"Are you dreaming? You're so funny Donghae-ah." Sungmin finally got to answer him after calming down. He stood up and ready to get out from Donghae's room when the other blurted out.

"It's true! The girls even have crush on me!"

"Goodnight, Donghae-ah." Sungmin got out from the room and closed the door, making Donghae rolled his eyes in disbelief.

"Aishh...This hyung." Donghae murmured before he too stood up and went to the bathroom to clean himself.

***

It was cold that morning. Seoul was having a heavy rain all night, making Kyuhyun to wear a thick cloths. He was standing at Donghae's parking lot freezingly and curse words begin to escape from his mouth. He was early that day and he did that on purpose. His mom questioned him out of curiousity but he just said that he got a lot of work to do. He was walking back and forth when suddenly Donghae's car was parked right in front of him.

Donghae got out from the car and looked at him curiously while he locked his car and went to Kyuhyun. He was wondering why the secretary stood there. He walked toward Kyuhyun and surprisingly, Kyuhyun also walked toward him and that corfirming him that Kyuhyun was waiting for him.

"Annyong, Kyuhyun-shii." Donghae greet him.

"We are not friends, why are you so informal with me?" Kyuhyun asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"We are friends. So, why are you waiting for me?" Donghae asked. Kyuhyun want to argue back but he thought that it is going to be a waste of time so he showed a paper bag right in front of Donghae's face, making the latter stumbled a little.

"What is this?" He opened the paper and peek inside before he put on his smile. "Argh...this."

"Thank you..for yesterday."

"It's nothing actually." 

"Urm...are you going to work at the same department as mine?" Donghae looked at him playfully before he closed his head toward Kyuhyun's and stopped untill they were inch apart.

"Why? Would you like it if I say yes?" Donghae smirked.

"No." Kyuhyun shortly reply and went toward the entrance, leaving Donghae alone, too stunned to say a word.

He took out something from the bag and it was the orange pants that he gave to Kyuhyun yesterday. He put the pants close to his nose before he took the smell, making him smiled again. 'It smells good.' He thought. Just when he about to put it back into the paper bag, he noticed there were something in it.

He took it out and it turned out to be a two sliced of wrapped tuna sandwich. He put the pants back into the bag but not the sandwich. He ran toward the entrance hoping to catch up with the secretary and he did.

"Is this yours?" Donghae asked. They were in front of the elevator, Kyuhyun looked at the sandwich before he looked back at the elevator's screen.

"No, it's yours." 

"Mine?" 

"As a sign of appreciation." Donghae only chuckled, making Kyuhyun looked at him oddly.

"You should have give something else besides this."

"I'm not rich enough to treat you at some fancy restaurant."

"I mean a kiss. You could have give me kiss. A peck will do."Kyuhyun rolled his eyes before he hit Donghae's arm with all the mighty that he got.

"There's people around us."Kyuhyun wispered. Donghae looked around and he was right. There are people and they all looked at them weirdly. Two female staff even wispering with each other while glaring at them.

"So?" Donghae asked calmly as if the he didn't care about it at all. He really not actually.

"Urgh..great! Another jerk." Kyuhyun murmured to himself but could hear it clearly, making him smirked.

'This is fun.'

***

Documents keep on been flipping, the sound of the keypad could be heard. Siwon was typing something after he checked the documents in front of him. Minute later, he leaned back on his chair and massaged his temple. There's a notification on his email, making him pushed himself to sit up straight.

There's an email that just got in. He clicked open the email and read the whole thing.

'Dear Mr. Choi,

We are happy to inform you that you're invited to our charity event on 3rd of March. The invitation card will be sent to you shortly. We really appreciate it if you can make a certain donation to our charity fund. We are waiting for your confirmation upon your attendance.

Best regard,

Sekang Holding.'

Siwon leaned back again and let out a heavy sigh. He hates to get invovled with Sekang Holding. They are Choi Group number one enermy. They did all the dirty things to let Choi Group down. The charity event is not even a 'charity event'. It's just an even to collect money from others and put it into their own company's account. The word 'charity' is just a cover up behind their scam and built an image for Sekang Holding.

He don't want to go there but if he don't, Sekang would make a fuss over it. It happened to a company and the response was great. He don't want that to happen to Choi Group. The company have a high reputation to put it on a risk. Siwon pressed the intercompt button toward Kyuhyun.

"Secretary Cho, in my office, now."

After a moment, the door was opened and Kyuhyun walked in, only stopped when he's right in front of him.

"Yes, Head Manager Choi." Kyuhyun said with a low voice.

"I was invited to a Sekang's event. Confirm my attendance upon the arrival of the invitation card. And you're going with me." That last sentence made Kyuhyun looked at him in shock but Siwon ignored it. "Wear something appropriate. Don't wear something like yesterday. And go to Ryeowook for the rest information."

"What kind of event?"Kyuhyun asked but Siwon glared at him with his cold eyes.

"Which part that I said that make you don't understand?"Siwon asked with low yet cold voice that makes Kyuhyun shivered a little whenever his boss did that.

"Go to Ryeowook for the rest information. I'm sorry, I understand now." Kyuhyun made a quick bow before he rushed to the door. Siwon looked at him before he shook his head and continued his work.

***

"It's a charity event." Ryeowook replied to Kyuhyun while doing his work.

"How did you know?"Just when Kyuhyun finished asking, Ryeowook's phone ringed, making the PA answered the phone and forget about Kyuhyun.

"Yes Mr. Kim, .....you want to cancel your appointment?......May I know why?....I understand..Yes I'll inform him." Ryeowook cut the line off and focused on Kyuhyun again.

"Sekang only held two event every year. The annual dinner and the charity event."Ryeowook said before he murmured something that made Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows. "But it have no connection with charity at all."

"What did you said?"Kyuhyun asked.

"Nothing." Said Ryeowook before he went to the files cupboard and took out a Sekang file.

"Here." Kyuhyun quickly took it and opened it without even being told. There were pictures of people with their name and the position that they held.

"Siwon knew several bosses in Sekang but he didn't know the rest. So it is your job to make him know. If there's someone approach him, he will look at you and at that time, you have to tell him who is who." Ryeowook explained to him.

"So I have to memorized all this names and faces?! There's a lot!" Kyuhyun complained. Of course he would, there were five pages and each page have 9 pictures, so there is 45 people in total.

"Well, you have to solve it on your own. That's why you have to go to the event together with him." Kyuhyun could do nothing but groaned.

***

"Kyuhyun-shii!!" Donghae was trying to surprise Kyuhyun but it was a total fail. Kyuhyun didn't flinched at all.

"What?" Was all Kyuhyun replied him.

"It's lunch time." Donghae happily replied.

"So."

"Where did you bought the sandwich? It was delicious. Show methe place so that I can buy it more." Donghae squatting down and rested his head on Kyuhyun's desk, trying to act cute.

"I made it myself."Kyuhyun replied with a poker face but deep inside, he was happy with the compliment but act like it was nothing because he still angry at Donghae about earlier.

"Woah..does that mean you can cook too??You'll make yourself a good wife then. Maybe I should marry you? So that you can take care of my eat." 

'Here we go again.'Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

"Why would I marry someone like you?"Kyuhyun said rather than asked him before the secretary stick his tongue out toward the older but Donghae just chukled.

"You are not a kid you know. Sticking out your tongue like that. Come on let's go to lunch." Before Kyuhyun could answered anything, Donghae already took his hand and dragged him away from the desk. Kyuhyun whined but it was totally ignored by Donghae.

Meanwhile, Siwon got out from his office and he could see Kyuhyun with Donghae on their way to the exit. Maybe because they were already too far from him, he thought that the two were holding hands.

"It's just been a while since you were hired but you already found someone to flirting with? Tsk...What a low person you are."Siwon said while looking at both of them dissapearing from his sight.

 

TBC

 

 

Here's the update. i was supposed to update this yesterday but i was super tired because i did window shopping at KLCC all day long and all alone by myself without even bought anything. So, here it is and as usual, your comment please...

p/s: credit to sbs drama 'Ghost'.If you watch the drama, you'll understand why I gave credit to them...^^