Chapter 12

Love Me, Hate Me

Siwon was sitting at the corner of a bar. An exclusive bar to be exact, drinking his drink while waiting for Ryeowook to come. Just after a few minutes, the said person came with a goofy smile on his face, making Siwon irritated and felt that he want to slap his mouth, making the smile gone.

"Stop giving me that smile."Siwon calmly said while taking another sip on his drink.

"Why? Afraid that it's going to make your heart fluttered?" Ryeowook joked. Of course he knew that will not going to happen but a little joke won't kill. Siwon chuckled at that and and flicked his best friend's forehead, making him yelp.

"Ouch!" Ryeowook quickly rubbed his forehead while glaring at Siwon.

"Serve you." Siwon said while putting his poker face on but deep inside, he just want to laugh out loud looking at the sight in front of him. But being best friend, it's common to have a payback time. Ryeowook smacked Siwon's head, earning a not-so-loud yelp from the latter. Siwon glared back but Ryeowook only stucked his tounge out.

"You-" Siwon didn't finished his word before he grabbed Ryeowook on his neck with his arm and tried to stangle him but don't want to just 'accept' the punishment, Ryeowook fought back with random punches and it's managed to force Siwon to let him go.

Both tried to calm themselve before they suddenly stated to laugh, thinking about their immature act just now. Yes, immature. And that's how Siwon would act when he's off work and being alone with Ryeowook. 

They quickly let that off their mind as they kept on talking over topics that they like until Ryeowook remembered something.

"Owh yeah, I already settled everything for you and Kyuhyun for the Jeju trip. Speaking of Kyuhyun, why did Yoona invited him? That's...new." Ryeowook said while tilted his head while frowning. Siwon who was sipping his drink suddenly remembered something when he heard the word 'Kyuhyun'."

"I don't know but i want to ask you something, did you said anything to Kyuhyun?"

"About what?"

"Me."

"You mean your past? Why asking?" Ryeowook already prepared for this. Long before he told Kyuhyun, he already thought a way  to never let Siwon to suspect him if Kyuhyun said something weird or something that make Siwon think that Kyuhyun already know his past.

"He said something to me this morning. Right after I said that I'm going to find another way to fire him."

"Really? What did he say?

 

“Well he said that I shouldn’t live on my past and he said that I should move on.” Siwon said but Ryeowook only chuckled.

Does he need to be that obvious?’ Ryeowook thought. “Hmm, maybe from the way you treat him make him thought that you’ve been stuck with your past or maybe he thought that he himself have made you think about your past. Who knows, he may have studied psychology before.” Ryeowook answered him calmly. He didn’t admit that he told Kyuhyun, but he also didn’t deny it. He just let Siwon to figure it out himself.

“Hmm, you got a point there.” Siwon said after giving much thought about it. “Yah Ryeowook-ah. Why won’t you go to Jeju? I thought Yoona invited you too?”

“Yeah, she did but I have something to do here.”

“What is it?”

“None of your business.” Siwon rolled his eyes before he punched Ryeowook’s arm lightly.

“Yah! Tell me!”

“No!” Ryeowook said before he stuck his tongue again. It’s really fun playing with Siwon.

“Fine! Do whatever you want. Next time, if you want anything, don’t ask me.” Siwon said with a hurt voice before he turned his attention toward random things in the bar, avoiding the grinning Ryeowook.

“Yah, stop sulking. It doesn’t suit your face at all. Fine I’ll tell you.” With that, Siwon quickly turned his head and looked at Ryeowook, looking forward on what Ryeowook is going to say.

“I have a date. Happy?”

“A date?”

 “A date.”

“Who?”

“Someone.”

“Woah. You have a date! That’s good! The last time you date someone was like…years ago!” Siwon said, looking so happy when he got to know that his friend seeing someone.

“Yeah, I’m quite nervous actually. I haven’t date for so long and now I don’t remember how to make the date goes nice. And its all because of you!”

“Wait, me?!” Siwon pointed at himself when he heard Ryeowook said that. He was taken aback. What did he do?

“Well, you gave me too much work that sometimes I don’t have time for myself. So it’s your fault then.”  And it didn’t take long enough for Siwon to fight back, to defend himself.

Kyuhyun was in his room, sitting at his small desk, staring at the card. After giving too much thought, he finally let out a sigh and put leaned his head toward the desk. He kept on thinking why would Im Yoona, invited a commoner to her party? Compare to Yoona and Siwon, yes he is a commoner. An ordinary person that fail to lead his family toward a better a life.

A knock could be heard and Kyuhyun quickly raised his head and looked at the door. “Come in.” Kyuhyun said softly and later, the knob twisted and the door open and revealed his mum with her sweet smile.

“Mum, what is it?” Kyuhyun asked, followed his mum sitting on the bed.

“Nothing, just want to see how my son is doing.” His mum said sweetly while his hair.

“Your son is doing fine, mum. No need to worry.” Kyuhyun replied back before he finally remembered something. “Mum.”

“Hmm?” His mum hummed while looking at him. Kyuhyun rose from the bed and went to the desk and picked up the card.

“I was invited to a birthday party in Jeju and my colleague said I must go.” Kyuhyun said while showing the card to his mum.

“Then go. You’ll get to meet lots of people.” His mom said.

“But, I need to go with my boss.” Kyuhyun whined.

“Ahh, afraid that your boyfriend would feel jealous?” His mum said which made Kyuhyun widen his eyes.

“B-Boyfriend?”

“Ahra told me about him. She said that your boyfriend is handsome and she said she even saw him kissed your cheek.” Kyuhyun groaned after listening to his mum. He really needs to confront Ahra for this.

 “No need to feel shy. I really want to meet him if I get the chance. Bring him for dinner so that me and your dad can meet him.”

“Mum, his-“

“It’s okay. Just take your time. Don’t rush if you’re not ready yet.” Kyuhyun sighed. His mum wouldn’t belief him even if he tries to deny it. So the solution is..

“Okay, mum.” Right after that, the door was opened and a head popped and it turned out to be none other than Ahra.

“What are you guys doing?” Ahra ran like a kid and jumped on the bed, making both mum and son nearly fall due to the impact.

“Don’t you know how to act like a lady?” Kyuhyun’s mum said toward her oldest child but Ahra only grinned.

“Ahra-noona!” Kyuhyun raised his voice a little, making Ahra to turn her attention to him.

“Yes?”

“Can you shut your mouth?” Ahra frowned, didn’t really get what was Kyuhyun said.

“I told him about what you told me.” His mum said.

“Why would I shut my mouth? It’s a good news. Of course I need to tell everyone.” Ahra claimed but Kyuhyun stared at her in horror.

“Everyone?”

“Yup, including dad.” Kyuhyun widen his eyes once again and quickly grabbed a pillow near him before he threw it at her. Elder sister or not, he don’t care.

“Yah! Mum look at him!” Ahra complained but their mum just ignored it. In fact, she enjoyed it. It’s been a long time since she witnessed her children fighting like this.

Ahra fight back with another pillow, and soon it become a pillow fight with their mum being a spectator, just laughing and didn’t take any action at all. Soon, Kyuhyun’s phone ringed and it make both of them stopped.

Ahra took the chance and quickly rose from the bed and grabbed the phone even before Kyuhyun did anything. She looked at the screen and she just couldn’t hide her excitement.

“It’s your boyfriend!” Kyuhyun was shock and before he could do anything, Ahra already answered the phone. “Hello Kyuhyun’s boyfriend!”

Their mum were excited too and anticipated the conversation that Ahra will have with ‘Kyuhyun’s boyfriend’ but Kyuhyun finally being fast enough, grabbed the phone before Ahra could continue even further.

“Yah! I was talking!”

“Out.” Kyuhyun simply said while pointing at the door but Ahra refused and just stood there.

“No.”

“Mum~” Kyuhyun whined and finally his mum began to take action.

“Alright, let’s go lady. Don’t disturb your little brother. Let’s give them some privacy.” His mum said but Ahra whined and said things like she want to hear the conversation and such soon, obey her mum but before they left, Ahra yelled something that make Kyuhyun to facepalm.

“Bye Donghae! Come to our house again and have dinner with us!”

The door closed and Kyuhyun was more than happy to finally being alone his room. But only then he realized that he didn’t end the call. He looked at the phone and bit his lips before he put the phone at his ear.

“Hello.”

So I’m officially your boyfriend now?”Kyuhyun could heard some laughing at the other side and how he wish to go there and plaster the mouth so that Donghae couldn’t laugh again.

“In your dream!” Kyuhyun said.

“But your family already thought that I’m really your boyfriend. Maybe we should just start dating.” Kyuhyun was speechless, a tainted pink appeared on his cheeks, hearing the word dating.

“N-never!”

Why?”

“Why are you calling me anyway?” Kyuhyun, don’t know how to answer the question, tried to change the topic.

Why don’t you answer my question first?”

“That’s it! Goodnight Lee Donghae!” Kyuhyun said before he pressed the end button.

***

“WHAT!!” Siwon yelled, making Kyuhyun to startle a little bit. They were already at a hotel in Jeju and the receptionist just said something that was not acceptable for Siwon.

“According to our data, you only booked for one room for two people, namely Choi Siwon and Cho Kyuhyun.” The receptionist said.

“You got to be kidding me! There’s no way I’m going to share my room!” Siwon said, as if Kyuhyun was not there.

Kyuhyun in the other hand, just stood there silently, thinking. Only then, he realized something. ‘Stupid Kim Ryeowook!’

“Got me another room.” Siwon said. The receptionist typed something on the computer before he looked back at Siwon.

“I’m sorry sir, but all of our room is fully booked.”

So here there are, in the said room, received another shock. “What the hell!” Siwon cursed before he took out his phone and dialed a number.

“Yah Kim Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun still kept on his silent while secretly looking at his boss.

What?”

“What’s this?” Siwon asked angrily.

What’s what?”

“First, you only booked one room for both of us and second, a deluxe room??!! You expect me to share my bed with someone else?!”

Well, it just came across my mind to make both of you closer.” Siwon huffed. He just couldn’t believe it that his bestfriend set this up.

“You know what? When I get back, you’re going to get it from me.” Siwon said before he ended the call. He turned around and looked at Kyuhyun coldly. “You’re going to sleep on the floor.” Siwon said before he walked out from the room.

Kyuhyun who was standing still since they entered, finally sat on the bed with a force. “It is so hard to sleep with me on the same bed? It’s only one night!” Kyuhyun said while looking at the door that Siwon exited earlier while making faces. Luckily the party start at that night so that they only need to spent only a night before they get back to Seoul on the next day.

***

They were inside a car, Siwon was driving while Kyuhyun sat next to him. Apparently, Yoona didn’t hold her party at some hotel but she hold it at her family’s vacation house.  The ride was silent, not the comfortable silent but rather uncomfortable silent. Kyuhyun started to gain some ideas to make the next step.

“Usually, I would feel uncomfortable if I ride a car and it’s silent.” Kyuhyun said.

“Do I care?” Siwon replied back coldly, eyes fixed on the road.

“Let’s have a chit-chat.” Kyuhyun said. ‘Chit-chat? Off all the words that you know, you used the word chit-chat?’ Kyuhyun’s inner part said.

“Why don’t you tell me about yourself?” Kyuhyun said again but Siwon just kept silent. “So, you don’t want to talk about yourself.” Kyuhyun went on silent, but then kept on talking again, making the driver to get slightly annoyed.

“Then let me talk about myself then.” Kyuhyun said while grinning but Siwon didn’t noticed that. Kyuhyun quickly took that grin off his face and let out a small breath before he started.

“My family used to face hard time. It was when dad’s friend managed to get him to invest our saving into some sort of organization, saying that we will get lots of benefits from that and dad trusted him. But it turns out that the organization was a scam and my dad’s friend involved with it.” Kyuhyun stopped before he glanced at Siwon. It seems that Siwon still didn’t get affected with it yet.

“We face too many hardships after that. My sister and I couldn’t go to school for some time because we don’t have money to pay for the fees. Mum and dad always fought to the extend that they nearly divorce. Bank loan everywhere and mum and dad even went to do various jobs to support us.” Kyuhyun stopped again. Still, Siwon stay silent.

“Then, eventhough we’re in that kind of situation, dad still perform well in the company he worked for. And in the end, he finally got promoted and it changed our live bit by bit. Long after that, dad’s friend that was involved with the scam came back and asked help from us. It turned out that he was involved with loan shark and he couldn’t pay it. Dad eventually help him, which making all of us angry.”

“Why would your dad still want to help him?” Siwon asked.

FINALLY!!!!!’ Kyuhyun thought. “We asked that too but do you what my dad said? He said, lets the past be past. If someone ask for your help, help them regardless what past you have with them.” Kyuhyun continued again. “He even gave me some advices about that and I still remember two things.

“What?” Siwon asked. He was surprised with himself. Never in his right mind that he would be so curious about what was Kyuhyun going to say.

“He said that I need to always forgive people even if they do bad things on me because especially if those people are my relatives because only by doing that, your heart will be at ease. And also another one, don’t live up on your past.”

Kyuhyun observed Siwon and he could see that his boss was really disturbed by his words. At that moment, Kyuhyun thought that his ‘chit-chat plan’ is working but a surprise hit him when Siwon suddenly pulled over and stop the car abruptly. It would be a fatal for Kyuhyun if he didn’t fasten his seatbelt.

Siwon still looked at the front but after a few seconds, he turned his attention on Kyuhyun with the most coldest glare kyuhyun had ever got from his boss, making him shiver a little bit.

“What do you know about me?” Siwon asked.

Oh no. Am I that obvious?’ Kyuhyun thought but he still managed to put his innocence face and pretended to know nothing. “Nothing. That’s why I asked you to tell me about yourself but you didn’t so I thought that you’ll be interested if you hear mine.” Kyuhyun answered. Inside, he prayed so hard that Siwon wouldn’t find out.

“You think I’m stupid? That’s story is not about yourself but it’s about your family’s past. Why would people tell anyone about their family? The other day, you told me to never live on my past and now you said the same thing. Don’t lie to me Kyuhyun-shii.”

For the first time since he started working with Siwon, that time was the first time Siwon called him by his first name and it hit Kyuhyun. Siwon is damn serious right now. Kyuhyun took a deep breath and released it before he opened his mouth.

“The truth is. I did knew a few things about you.” Siwon was ready to blow up but Kyuhyun was quick enough to handle it. “Let me explain!” Kyuhyun frantically said in which Siwon obeyed him and allowed him to speak.

“That day when you came into office at lunch, I asked Ryeowook where did you go and-“ Kyuhyun couldn’t even finished his word when Siwon interrupted.

“So he told you everything?” Siwon chuckled before he looked back on the road.

“No! He only said that you went to do the memorial service of your parents. That’s it!” Kyuhyun said. He was clever enough to let Ryeowook out of this so that Siwon won’t lose his trust toward the only person that he trusted.

“Then?” Siwon asked, didn’t satisfy with the explanation.

“Then, I got curious so I searched about your parents on the internet. Only then I got to know about them and I also got to know about your grandfather’s plan to inherit the company to you. So, from this, I got into conclusion that something happen to your family in the past and you just can’t move on.” The conclusion that he said was a made up but at least the internet part was true though. He did search about him on the net and he glad he did.

Siwon didn’t say anything. He just sat up straight and looked at the front probably thinking something. Siwon don’t know whether he want to believe into it or not because now it hit him. Ryeowook booking one room and Kyuhyun know about him. There must be connection between these two.

“I just want to help.” Kyuhyun said with a low voice like a whisper while looking down.

Without utter any word, Siwon put on the D gear and start driving again. Silent occupied them again but it’s the different silent compared to the previous before Kyuhyun started his plan that he himself considered it a failure.

Finally they arrived at the house or mansion to be exact, Siwon stopped right in front of the entrance. A jokey stood right at his door, waiting for him to get out so that he can park it but Siwon totally ignored him.

“Get out.” Siwon said with a gentle yet cold voice of him and being Kyuhyun, he just obeyed him and got out from the car.

It didn’t take long for Siwon to speed off and drove out from the mansion right after Kyuhyun got off which made Kyuhyun curious to where his boss is head to. Kyuhyun was reluctant at first to go in as he is alone and he doesn’t recognize anyone except for Yoona. But when to think about it, this is not a work-related party and he’s invited here as a guest, so Kyuhyun doesn’t need to wait for Siwon.

Without hesitation, he walked in and he could see lots of people wearing elegant suits and dresses with great hairstyle and thick make-up. Most of the guests in the mansion are young and around his age. Well, Yoona is young anyway.

As he looked around, trying to find at least one soul that he know, suddenly there’s a voice right behind his ear.

“Hello, boyfriend.” A husky voice could be heard and Kyuhyun was surprised. He somehow recognized that voice and how he really hope that it’s not the person that he think of.

He quickly turned back and Kyuhyun swear, he was so shocked that he felt like he want sit right there at that right moment. Who else would whisper like that to him? Obviously it’s Lee Donghae!  

“What are you doing here?! Don’t you have any better place to go?!” Kyuhyun whispered.

“Well, I’m sorry that you’re not the only person that Yoona would invite.” Donghae answered sarcastically which surprised Kyuhyun even more.

“You..you know Yoona?”

“Longer than you do.” Donghae said while looking around before he looked back at the person in front of him. He looked at him from the top until bottom and finally let out a smile, making Kyuhyun to furrowed his eyebrow.

“Why are you smiling?”

“You looked nice.” Donghae said. Kyuhyun was wearing a blue black suit with a black shirt inside, didn’t buttoned it until the top, letting two button with a nice done hair that have his bang to cover his forehead

Kyuhyun was happy to hear that he tried his best to not ginning but Donghae still noticed it, making his smile to widen even more. Kyuhyun took a glance at Donghae before he looked back at random things.

“You looked great.” Kyuhyun said but it’s enough to make Donghae’s heart to nearly explode. Donghae was wearing a white coat and black pants, with a black shirt also didn’t button the top two. His hair was greatly done too.  

“I always look great, that’s why people like to chase me.” Donghae teased but he was replied by a frown Kyuhyun. “Why? Jealous much? Don’t worry..” Donghae said before he learned forward toward Kyuhyun’s ear and whispered something that made Kyuhyun to have skip beat. “someone already stole my heart.”

Kyuhyun want to ask what does he meant but got disappointed when someone came and greet the Executive Manager.

“Donghae-shii!” Both looked at the direction where the voice could be heard and they could see that Yoona was walking toward them.

“Yoona!” Donghae greeted back and hugged her lightly when she arrived at them.

“I heard from Ryeowook that you just got back. That’s why I send you the invitation! He also said that you’re working with Siwon right now.” Yoona said in delight.

“Yeah, I miss my home that’s why I got back.” Donghae said. Yoona nodded while smiling before she turned her attention toward Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun-shii, thank you for coming here!”

“No, thank you for inviting me here. It was a great honour.” Kyuhyun said gently which made Yoona to  giggle a little.

Yoona and Donghae continued to talk again, which somehow left Kyuhyun behind. Since he don’t want to be a stupid person who just standing there, he quietly slipped away from them and finally being a little far from them, Kyuhyun began to look for Siwon.

He didn’t see him since he got there and he wondered where he went to. When Kyuhyun looked for him, he looked around and forgets his mum’s advice to always look at the front while walking. So as the result….

 

TBC

 

I'M FEELING HOMESICK!!!! I WANT TO GO HOME!!!!! *crying a river*