Chapter 11

Love Me, Hate Me

Kyuhyun sat on his chair with a force, and after a while, he finally let out a big sigh. Ryeowook finally told him everything. After hesitating at first, Kyuhyun finally got to convince Ryeowook that he's a trustable person. He's not going to spread a word about it on the net or do anything to make the Head Manager go down. He have better things to do than that.

(Flashback)

Kyuhyun suggested Ryeowook to just have drinks at the pantry but the PA refused, saying that what they were going to talk is about Siwon's personal life and it's just not a good idea to have that talk there at the pantry. So they went to the nearest coffee shop that they knew.

Once they got there, Ryeowook instantly choosed the most quiet isolated spot in the area. "So, what's the story?" Kyuhyun asked right after he sipped his hot chocolate.

"You want to know why I hired you?" Kyuhyun's question being replied by another question, which made Kyuhyun to chuckle a little.

"Because you're desperated to find a secretary and it happen that I was jobless at that time?" asked Kyuhyun. Ryeowook shook his head in dissaproval.

"No. And in fact, there's a lot candidates that apply for that position during that time."

"Then why you hired me?" Ryeowook sipped his latte and put it down before he looked at the guy in front of him.

"Because i got this feeling that you're the right person."

"For?"

"For the position that you hold right now." Hearing that, Kyuhyun could only chuckled again, making the other raised his eyebrow.

"Feeling? You feel? Like seriously?" 'It's lame' Kyuhyun thought in his head. In this living world with strong competition among each other, giving someone a job based on feeling is the last thing that mankind ever do right now.

"Yes, I'm serious. I felt that you can cope with Siwon's attitude longer than any other people. I mean, look at you. You managed to stay here for almost 4 month already and i got to tell you, that's a record." Ryeowook began to explain. 

"Ryeowook-shii, do you know how lame your explaination are?" And with that, Kyuhyun earned a smack on his head.

"It's the truth, you idiot!"

"Ouch! Fine, I'm sorry!" Kyuhyun rubbed his head while glaring Ryeowook. It's hurt. "So what's the connection between this and Head Manager Choi being absent until lunch time?" Kyuhyun asked and he could see that Ryeowook been hesitated to tell him.

"Just tell me. I'm a trustable person." Kyuhyun assured him. Ryeowook gripped his mug tightly and began to take a breath before he let it out heavily.

"There's a reason why Siwon acting like that. It's not because he's arrogant or anything. It's his past that made him like that." And so, Ryeowook began to tell him every single thing that he knew. From why Siwon is not here untill lunch time to Siwon mother's death to his father's death and to his own attempt of suicide and it lead to the reason of why Siwon being cold to everyone. Simply because he don't trust them.

Kyuhyun was shock. He never thought he's going to hear all this things. This horrible yet sad stories of his boss life. "But even if he don't trust people, doesn't mean that he need to act cold. He can act normally eventhought deep insight he doesn't trust them even a bit.

"I told you, everything that happen to Siwon right now is because of his past. He became cold because after his parent's death, Siwon's grandfather send him to a boarding school abroad. He was still a child back then. Because he's still young, he just don't know how to communicate with others and that leads him to isolate himself. Also because he's 'different' from other students, he got bullied alot. Cold feeling began to develop insight him."

"Why are you telling me all this?" Kyuhyun asked. He has been keeping that question from the moment Ryeowook opened his mouth for the story. He's just a secretary. An ordinary guy that have nothing to do with Siwon when it come to personal life. A stranger.

Ryeowook sighed again. He turned head at looked at some random thing for a while as if he was thinking on how he would explain to him. After a couple of second, or maybe more, he turned his head back to his latte on his hand and took a breath before he looked back at Kyuhyun.

"There's this one person. Her name is Tiffany Hwang. She used to hold your place for more 6 months. She worked so diligently. She did everything that Siwon asked for without complaining even thought she been scolded. She cope with his behavior to the point that I felt that she's not worth to be threaten like that." Ryeowook stopped. He sipped his latte again before he continued.

"But one day, she send her resignation letter. I was shocked. For once I used to think that she's the one. But i was wrong. It turned out that she too can't stand him, just like the others. I kept on begging for her to stay but she refused. Eversince that, people kept on come and go. Some couldn't even stand a week. I kept on thinking, 'what's the problem?' And it hit me. It's because they don't understand him. They don't know the whole thing."

"So you told me all this because you want me to stay longer?" Kyuhyun finally spoke out after been quiet the whole time.

"Sort of. Hold me a favor. Try to understand him and make him trust you. Use all the thing that i've told you today as part of your plan." Ryeowook plead. This is the real reason why he told Kyuhyun about this. He have been gambling with himself whether he should make this decision or not because by doing this, he's risking his friendship with Siwon.

"Woah! Hold a minute! You want me to what?! Make him trust me?! For what?" Kyuhyun widen his eyes as he asked all of the questions. Making people trust him meaning he need to manipulate them and it's something that Kyuhyun does not like.

"It's for his own good. And yours too." Kyuhyun lifted his eyebrow. Ryeowook sighed and began to adjust himself and sat up straight.

"Look, the only person that he trust so far is me. ONLY ME. And it's not good. It's time for him to learn and accept others in his life. It's time for him to know that there are people that are trustable. And think it in another way, if you manage to do that, you can keep your job for how many long you can, like me."

"But why me? And why now?"

"Because apart from me, you're the only person that work close with him. And I already planned to tell you this anyway its just that you already asked and so I just take the chance." Kyuhyun don't know what to say. He don't want to be a part of this but he also don't want to be ignorant. Ryeowook seems desperate and tired. Tired being the only one. He felt sorry for this guy but again, he don't know.

"Please, Kyuhyun. Do it for him, do it for you, do it for me. Do it for everyone."

(End Flashback)

Kyuhyun straighten his body and after a couple of second, he dropped his head on his desk and sighed again. He don't know whether he made the right decision or not. By doing this, he's putting his job at risk. He nearly lose his job once, and he don't want it to happen again. If Siwon knoe wbout the whole plan and he still don't want to change, Kyuhyun could lose his job for real.

"Why the hell I agree with him!" Kyuhyun mumbled but loud enough to make someone heard him. And that someone turned out to be none other than his own boss.

"Don't you have better word to use than cursing?" Kyuhyun shot his head up and could see his boss looked sternly at him. Within second, he quickly rose from his seat and made a bow and before he could say anything, Siwon already cut him off. "In my office, now." The way Siwon emphasized the word 'now' making Kyuhyun to sigh under his breath, thinking what is it this time. 

Siwon hang his coat at the cloth hanger and ready to sit when suddenly he realized there's a post-it note at his table clock at the side. He quickly snatched it and read it fast, only to tear it into two and started making face. Kyuhyun began to wonder what is it on the note that made his boss teared it apart and he also wonder from who.

"Did you have fun yesterday?" Siwon asked. If the way he asked is in friendly manner than Kyuhyun would be very pleased to answer it but being Siwon, the tone that he used, making Kyuhyun to think twice on what word he should use.

"I'm sorry to give you such a late notice." He really want to say that Donghae is the one behind his leave but when he think about it, Donghae might got into trouble if he said it, that guy helped already helped him big this time.

"You know, when i woke up this morning, i was really excited because finally i was able to fire you with a valid reason. But just now, i got a note saying that I can't fire you. Why is that?" Siwon looked at kyuhyun right into his eyes with a cold hard stare that made Kyuhyun  felt the adrenalin rush into his vein. 'He still thinking of firing me.'

"Ermm, maybe because I deserve another chance?" 

"Another chance to fail?"

"I..."

"You already fail yourself in handling the proposal!"

"I...." Kyuhyun were cut off again when suddenly there's a ringing on Siwon's phone. Siwon took the call while Kyuhyun looked down on the floor. While Siwon took the call, Kyuhyun took the chance to fill up his head with random stuffs to kil the time, including on how the hell he could managed to stay on this job for this long. While he doing that, he missed the face on Siwon's face when he too the call.

"So i heard that you managed to get the proposal back." 

"I'm sorry" Kyuhyun didn't get it, but then he realised, he must knew about the proposal from the phone call he received earlier.

"Guess you're not stupid after all." Siwon said and Kyuhyun was taken aback.

"Excuse me?"

"A proposal need to have both hard copy and soft copy. Sonce you're not famiiar with this kinda stuff, I thought I coud use this as my weapon to send you out. But it turned out that you knew about this. Hmm..i guess i need to use another way then." Siwon said before he continued again. "You can go now." He said before he started his work.

Kyuhyun was furious. Really furious. So Siwon knew he can get the proposla to be print again but he purposely didn't tell him because he could use this opportunity to fired him. 

Siwon is still doing his work when he finally realized that Kyuhyun is still standign in the same spot. He looked up and stared at Kyuhyun with his usual cold eyes again. "Are you deaf now? Out!"

"Head Manager Choi...." Kyuhyun tighten his lips before he continued again. "Are you always like this?" Siwon furrowed his eyyebrows, doesn't umderstand what Kyuhyun was saying. "Does by doing this make you satisfy? Just because of one person that hurt you, you're going to do the same to everyone else? You shouldn't live up on your past, Head Manager Choi."

By the time Kyuhyun finished his words, Siwon frozed and had a blank stare on his face. Is he was taking about his own past? Does this guy already knew? these question were filled in Siwon's head and he finally went back into reality when Kyuhyun said something that he couldn't register what is it and the only thing that he knew is that, Kyuhyun gave him a bow before he finally left the room.


"Knock knock!!" Kyuhyun looked up for the voice and make irritated face when he found out who it is. The boss bestfriend a.k.a the PA a.k.a Kim Ryeowook.

"Yah, what;s with the face?" Ryeowook asked.

"You know, your friend a.k.a my boss is a pure evil." Kyuhyun said only to get laughter as the relpy.

"And why is that?"

"He didn't tell me that i could print new on the proposal because he said he could use it to fire me."

"Wait! You didn't know about that? I thought you know. Everyone in here know!" Ryeowook said in disbelief.

"Know what? Know that my boss used the proposal issue to fire me or know that there's a soft copy on every proposal that was made." By this, Ryeowook rolled his eyes and let a chuckle.

"Know that there's a soft copy on every proposal that was made."

"I'm such an idiot." Kyuhyun slapped his forehead after that. Ryeowook laughed on it before he took something out from his pocket and thrown it to Kyuhyun's desk.

"What is this?" It was a beige colour envelop. Kyuhyun took it and he could see his name written at the center of the envelop.

"An invitation." Kyuhyun tilted his head before he opened the envelop and took out the invitation card. He read thoroughly and when he realised what it was, he widen his eyes a little and reread it over and over again.

"Why on earth Im Yoona invited me for her birthday party? I'm nobody." Kyuhyun asked while looking at Ryeowook. He remembered Yoona. The lady that helped him and Siwon on the charity event. The night when he forgot one of the guest name.

"I don't know. But one thing I know, you have to attend her party. If you don't want to get into trouble." Ryeowook warned and it only made Kyuhyun curious.

"And why is that?"

"Her word is like an order. If you don't obey it...." Ryeowook stopped talking and instead, he made an invisible horizontal line on his neck usiing his thumb, indicating death.

"You serious?" kyuhyun asked.

"Nah! Just joking. She's not like that yet. Just being bitcy. Especially when she's around Siwon."

"Why?"

"She's head over heel for him." Ryeowook expained and Kyuhyun just formed an 'o' on his lips.

"So you're coming too?"

"Nope. I already have plan. But Siwon were invited too." Hearing the name Siwon made Kyuhyun to make faces again, remembering on what happen earlier in Siwon's office. 

"Yah, just relax okay. Owh and don't forget the plan." Ryeowook said before he patted on Kyuhyun shoulder and walked off.

Kyuhyun sighed and looked back at the card. Siwon will be attending it too and it will be hard for Kyuhyun, considering on what happen, he don't even know whether he can face Siwon the next day. Also, attending rich people party is really not his thing. he took a glance on the card again before he  put it back into the envelop and continue his work.

I hereby inviting you

Cho Kyuhyun

to my 25th birthday party in Palace Hotel, Jeju Island.

Hope to see you there.

With love,

Im Yoona

 

TBC

 

if u guys notice, i tagged henwook and henry because i'm planning to put two couple in this fic. but considering on how many chapter i've produced now and henry still didn't show up, so i've decided to drop henwook and just focused on one couple only. by doing this, this fic can end faster. so for this chapter, pls comment. i guess the previous chapter was not good enough to receive your comment since there;s only like less than 10 peopel commenting on that.