Chapter 18

Love Me, Hate Me

He never intended to come here. The moment he got the text message, he read it and ignored it. But his body worked against his mind. The moment Donghae got into his car, he went straight to this place. So now he's here , inside his car deliberating whether to get out from the car, get inside and meet him or just drive away and go home.

'Donghae-sshi, there will be a meet-up tonight. You will come, right? Please, say something.' 

He read it, again and again. When the light on his phone went dim, he would touched the screen and read it again. Donghae didn't replied anything. Bitting his bottom lip, Donghae made his final decision. He pulled out the key and got out only to meet up with a pair of shining brown eyes, staring on him.

"Donghae-sshi." Was the only word that came out.

"Kyuhyun." The said person walked toward him. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Not too long ago." Kyuhyun made a random stare at Donghae's chest simply because he couldn't looked him in the eyes. "You come."

"Yeah. Truhthfully, I don't know why I'm here. Must be because of you." Donghae chuckled, couldn't believe he said that. How sappy he was. He looked at Kyuhyun but it seemed that the younger guy didn't take what he said, as if he he didn't listen to him. "Kyuhyun?"

Kyuhyun instantly looked up and those two staring at each other before Kyuhyun broke the gaze and slowly embraced him. Donghae was taken by surprise. His heart started to beat fast, and Kyuhyun felt it. His own hearbeat was beating fast too. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you would be hurt. What I said earlier, I didn't mean it. I'm so sorry. I know sorry may not be good enough but I don't know what to do anymore. Please, just forgive me." Donghae smiled when he heard that and hugged him back.

"I'm glad to hear and but I'm sorry too."

"Why?" Kyuhyun quickly looked at Donghae, confused.

"For acting like that. I'm sorry that I ignored you the whole time in the office. Beside, it's childish don't you think? Being upset over something like that." Kyuhyun didn't say anything. He just looked down and went to Donghae's side before he leaned on his car. "I'm sorry, for making you feeling guilty like this."

"No, it's okay." Kyuhyun uttered. "I caused it."  None of them said anything afterward. The usually talkative Donghae didn't have anything to say anymore but apparently to Kyuhyun, there was another thing that he wanted to say. "I miss you."

Donghae shot a look at Kyuhyun, hoping that he heard it right. "What?"

"You didn't talk to me the whole day. It felt different." Kyuhyun looked at Donghae and stared at his eyes. "I miss you." Kyuhyun said it, no hint of joking. It was real and how he hoped that Donghae won't think of him playing around. Donghae smiled. He could see the sincerity and he was happy for it.

"I've been thinking a lot today, yesterday too."

"About what?"

"About you and me, and your feeling toward me."

Donghae looked down, he couldn't bear to look at Kyuhyun now. This was it. Kyuhyun is answering his confession. An acceptance or maybe a rejection.

"I like you, Donghae but..." Kyuhyun looked at Donghae again. "I'm not sure about love though. Can you give me more time? Maybe I don't realize that I do love you like how you love me. Make me realize it, Donghae."

"You mean..."

"Let's be together. Would you be my boyfriend?" Kyuhyun looked at him with eyes full of hopes.

Donghae was delighted when he heard it. He nearly thought that Kyuhyun would turned him down. He was preparing himself for that to happen. No words can described how happy he was. Sure, Kyuhyun didn't love him, yet it's okay because Kyuhyun was willing to try this relationship. 

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that question?" Donghae asked, grinning happily.

"Well, I beat it, didn't I?" Both laughed but when they stopped, Donghae looked down again, only this time a smile plastered on his face. "So, would you?"

Donghae turned his head toward Kyuhyun before he suddenly lean forward and kiss Kyuhyun on his lips. The younger was taken by surprise with the sudden act. It's just an innocent kiss, nothing more than that and when they broke it up, Donghae stared at him, grinning.

"Okay." Kyuhyun didn't say anything. He stayed glued like an idiot, blinking his eyes multiple times to registered what had just happen and it finally hit him.

"Yah!" Kyuhyun shout out. "You..you.."

"I just kissed you." Donghae said, acting all innocent.

"Who said you can kiss me?!" Kyuhyun shouted again, face all red.

"But I'm your boyfriend. Can't a boyfriend kiss the person he loves?" Donghae asked while pouting as if he was sad with Donghae when deep inside, he was laughing.

"Aishh! Kyuhyun looked away, feeling frustrated because he didn't know what to say anymore. The annoying Donghae is finally back and he don't know whether he should be happy or annoyed. Donghae just brushed it off and walked a few steps forward, and turned around, face still smiling and it looked like he won't get tired of it.

"We should go inside. It's getting colder." Donghae said before he offered his hand toward Kyuhyun. "Let's go." Kyuhyun smiled and glandly accepted the offered before both of them head toward the entrance, feeling all happy and excited for the new relationship that they had just formed. 

When they thought that no one had see them, Siwon did. When he saw his cousin kissed Kyuhyun, he felt hurt and he don't know why. He didn't heard them but it doesn't matter at all. That one kiss had managed to break his heart. He came there because of Kyuhyun, but now he's going to leave also because of the said man. After what he saw, going in there won't be a good choice for him.

Siwon was going to make his leave when he saw someone standing not far from Donghae's car. Someone familiar. He wasn't sure whether it's the same person that he knew, so he head towards him until he was so sure of it.

"Kibum-sshi."


He saw it and he heard it. Kibum only realised that a single tear coming out only when Siwon called out his name. If it wasn't for Siwon, he don't know how long he would be staying there and let himself cried.

"Here." Kibum looked up and took the drink that Siwon offered to him. "Feeling better now?" They were sitting at a park, far from the place that they met earlier.

"A little." Kibum stared down on his hot drink. Silence occupied them before Kibum suddenly let out a chuckle. "He said he'll be by side, forever."

"People change, Kibum." 

"Same as you."

"What?" Kibum smiled before he turned to Siwon.

"Buying me this and asked if I felt better. This is not you. Siwon that I know would just leave me alone and doing nothing. You've change." Siwon just made a random stare. He didn't say anything  but he knew, Kibum was right. "Tell me, what happend?" Kibum seemed like he could not wait to hear it out with smile plastered on his face, eager to know what made him changed and it just made Siwon to feel guilty whether or not he should tell him.

"Kyuhyun." Kibum's smile gone and he looked back at the drink he hold.

"Oh."

"I'm sorry."

"For what? You didn't do anything wrong." Kibum said, faking a laugh when it clearly showed on his face how bothered he was when he heard that name. "What did he do to you?"

"I don't know. He said he want to help me. Help me to move on. Eversince that, he keep on appearing in my mind." Siwon said.

"So we are on the same boat, then."

"I don't know. All these time, I've been shielding myself from others. I acted cold because I don't want to get attach to them. No one tried to do anything. Well, Ryeowook did but Kyuhyun is different. He's messing with my heart. I don't understand."

"Are you starting to fall for him?" Siwon just chuckled when he heard it.

"It's not even past a week since he said that. How can I fall in love in just few days?"

"When it comes to love, time doesn't matter. You can fall in love with someone even in just one day."

"Like who? Giselle and Prince Edward?" Kibum stared at Siwon, looking so impressed with what Siwon just said.

"You watched Enchanted? The Mister-cold-guy-who-don't-care-about-others watched Enchanted?"

"Hey, Ryeowook forced me, okay!" Both laughed at that but later, the laugh slowly died and what replaced it was a silence. The light mood that they had just now slowly dissapeared. 

"But Kyuhyun is with Donghae now." Siwon looked dowm, didn't say anything. Somehow, he don't want to agree with it but he also know that he can't denied the fact of Kyuhyun with Donghae. Although he didn't hear a single words they said earlier but the kiss had proven to him. "Will I ever get him back?" Kibum asked.

"You left him, Kibum."

"I know!" Kibum stood up and shouted. All the tears that he tried to hold rushed out from his eyes, wetting his cheeks. "And I regret it! There, I said it!" Silence. Siwon couldn't say anything. "Everyday, I kept on thinking about him. I'm so weak without him. I always said that I'm happy with my life. I have a career, I have fans that support me, people recognized me. I lied! I may have all of that but it's not complete without Donghae! I need him by my side. The only thing that made me strong is this necklace. I miss him Siwon. I really do."

Siwon just let out a heavy sigh before he too stood up and took the crying, fragile guy into his arms, hold him tight and Kibum didn't protested at all. He just let himself being taken into his wide chest and continued to sob hard and wetting Siwon's shirt. Siwon didn't mind. He knew, no words can be used to comfort him so he just rubbed his back. Siwon sighed again.


"I'm home!" Donghae said cheerfully. He just got back and was ready to get rest with a happy heart when suddenly his hyung yelled out his name from the living room.

"Yah, Donghae!" The said brother quickly went to the living room to found his Hyukjae-hyung laying lazily at the couch with the TV on.

"Oh, hey hyung. What are you watching?" Donghae said while smiling. The atmosphere surrounded Donghae was so different that even Hyukjae could noticed it and it made him to grin.

"What am I watching is not important. Yah, you look happy and you went home late. Anything happen?"

"Well, stuff happened today. I send someone home first, that's why I got home late." 

"Yah, I know stuff happened that's why you're keep on smiling like this. Tell me more specific!" Hyukjae raised his voice in excitment.

He promised Kibum not to say anything, that's why he's giving hints to Donghae right now, hopefully to make Donghae opened up because one thing that he knew, Kibum planned to meet Donghae today. Yes, he was the one that told Kibum where Donghae is right now. He was the one that told Kibum that Donghae is finally back to Korea in the first place because he somehow felt that somehow both of them should meet up again and clear the up the mess that they did.

That was the only thing that he hope for both of them. He don't hope that both of them would be together again, like what he said to Sungmin, it's up to them whether they want to be together again or not. He just hope that both of them would clear things up so that they would understand each other and if possible, be friend again. But of course, his hint was useless considering that Donghae didn't noticed it at all.

"Later hyung, later. I'm going to clean myself and go to bed, okay." and just with that, Donghae walked out and went upstairs.

"Did they meet or not?" Hyukjae asked himself, thinking that there's no one could hear him.

"Who?"

"Arghh!" Hyukjae cried out of shock when he turned around to find Sungmin was standing right behind him. "Hyung, you scared me to death!"

"What did I do?" Sungmin asked innocently before he sat on the one seater couch.

"You surprised me!"

"Well, you'e not dead, aren't you?"

"Thank God!"

"Why did you talk to yourself? Who meet who?" Sungmin asked seriously. Knowing his hyung, Hyukjae knew it very well that Sungmin won't drop the topic until he say something logical and making sense. 

"This drama!" He pointed out on the TV. "It's nerve wrecking, really. The director always left the episode with a cliffhanger. So, I don't know whether the main actor get to see his girlfriend or not." Hyukjae took a glance after he said it and it seemed like Sungmin is buying it.

"That's it? Yah, don't you have better things to watch?" Sungmin said while snatching the remote control from his dongsaeng. "Romance doesn't suit you, Hyukjae."

"Aishh hyung, this is why you don't have any girlfriend. Hyung, romance drama filled with lots of tips to get a girlfriend. Where do you think I learn all those pick-up line from?"

"I don't need a sappy romance drama to help me find a girlfriend." Sungmin said while flapping the channels.

"To be honest hyung, with your current age, you do need help." Hyukjae said, making the older to smack him hard on his head with a random magazine on the coffee table.

"Hyung!"


Donghae had just finished taking bath and drying out his hair with towel when idea of calling Kyuhyun before he go to bed popped in his head. He wonder if Kyuhyun is already asleep or not but it worth a shot. He grabbed his mobile phone and dialed out his number.

"Hello~" Kyuhyun voice could be heard on the other line, sound so sleepy.

"Hello boyfriend, are you sleep already?"

"Yah, just because you are my boyfriend now, it doesn't mean that you can call me when I'm asleep." Kyuhyun said weakly. He really have no energy to yell or get mad right now."

"Hehe, sorry. It's just that I want to hear your voice again, before I go to sleep."

"Do you always this cheesy? Since you already hear me now, can I go back to sleep? I have to wake up early to..." Donghae could hear Kyuhyun yawning and it made him felt sligthly regretted to bother his sleep. "prepare your sandwich." Donghae chuckled upon hearing that. He was happy that Kyuhyun was reminded of his sandwich not his work. He was sure that Kyuhyun didn't realized that he said that.

"Okay, goodnight sweetheart. I love you." Donghae said and it only made Kyuhyun to click on his tounge.

"Hmm...I know. Bye Donghae." With that, Kyuhyun hung up.

The conversation that they had was short, not like what Donghae had expected but he was fine with it. Kyuhyun was tired after all. Putting his phone on the bedside table, Donghae finally lay on his bed, preparing himself to go to sleep with Kyuhyun in his mind when suddenly his phone beep, signaling a new message. Curious, he took the phone and open the message only to find out it was from Kyuhyun.

There's a picture of Kyuhyun with eyes closed as if he was sleeping attached to it. Donghae smiled. Kyuhyun looked so peaceful with his bang covered up his forehead and pouty red lips, just like an angle without wings. Donghae read the message that Kyuhyun wrote.

'See, I'm sleeping right now. Goodnight to you too, Donghae. Sleep well and don't even reply to me because I won't read it. I'm going to sleep for real now. Took me five minutes to write this'

"You too, sleep well." Donghae said before he saved the picture and made it as his wallpaper. He took the last glance before he finally put his phone back on his original place and closed his eyes. He'll sleep well tonight and he believe Kyuhyun is, too."


Siwon put his hand on the railing on his balcony. In front of his eyes, were the view of the impressive capital of Korea, Seoul. Neon lights being powered on the building with different kind of colour make it so magnificence but it couldn't make Siwon to cool down not even a bit. -Sigh.

No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't forget it. The kiss. How he wish he could stop it. He should've went earlier or better, went there together with Kyuhyun so that the kiss won't happen. He have no right over Kyuhyun. His secretary can do anything that he want with his life but right now, he want Kyuhyun to only pay attention at him. Call him selfish but that's what he feel right now.

'When it comes to love, time doesn't matter. You can fall in love with someone even in just one day.'

'Like who? Giselle and Prince Edward?'

"Am I in love?"

 

                                                                                                           TBC

 

The phone conversation is soooo not cute at all. Hahaha. I'm planning to make Kyuhyun being all nervous and cute but when I think again, it will only make him looks like a typical korean girl in k-drama. But then again, my story is just like a typical k-drama too. *shrugged*