Chapter 10

Love Me, Hate Me

hello guys!!! miss me? sorry i broke my promise. I promised u guys that i will update on last two Saturday remember? but i have my reasons! 

1. after i got back from my duty on friday, i got another one day duty on the next day, Saturday. the day where i promise u guys to update the fic. the duty started from 8 a.m till 6 p.m. can u imagined how tired i am? it's a sport day. so, many atlhlete fall down.

2.i was informed that i got a interview for UTP (university technology of PETRONAS) on 15th april which is a few days ago. i really want to study petroleum engineering and i was told that UTP is the 6th best university in the WORLD for petroleum studies. so i kinda leave everything behind to focus on this interview.

3.on 13th and 14th april, i have first aid course to attend. imagine, the course started at 7,30 untill 6 p.m..and u have to listen to the lecture with your numb . how does it feel? and on the night of 13th april, i have to attend the red cross meeting for the charity project that i involved with and it started from 8 until 11. 

it's really tiring for me since i joined the red cross but i don't mind because i love it. i'm just telling u guys because i hope that u guys understand me if the wait is too long. so next time if there's no update for so long, u know why. please wait for my fic patiently. :)


The day after their 'date'. Kyuhyun, with his backpack filled with the proposal and a small paper bag on his hand, standing in front of Donghae's reserved parking. "Why is he always late to work?" Kyuhyun murmured to himself while kicking some air on the grund. It's a cold morning and he had been standing since he arrived, so he have all the priveledge to complain. Just then, he heard a horn sound, making him to shot his head up, looking at grinning Donghae who already parked his car.

"Do I need to wait for you everyday? It's cold you know!" Kyuhyun said after Donghae got out from his car.

"You the one who arrived early. You can come to work late. I don't mind waiting for you." Donghae said while walking toward the younger. Just when he's close enough, Kyuhyun shooved him the paper bag right to his chest and he accepted it gladly.

"Yes! I've been waiting for this sandwich for a decade." Donghae exaggerated while taking the sandwich out from the paper bag and smelled it. "Yah~ the smell tell everything." said Donghae while closing his eyes, making Kyuhyun chuckled.

"Drama queen." Kyuhyun simply said before he left Donghae behind and walked toward the entrance. He just don't have the time to play with the annoying brat.

"Hey, wait up! We supposed to walk together, remember?" Donghae said after he managed to catch up with the secretary. Kyuhyun's heart began to raise. Why? Because Donghae just put is arm on Kyuhyun's shoulder and bring him close to the Executive Manager. Being too close and got the chance to smell Donghae making him to have a tinted pink on both of his cheek. Not to mention on what happen the night before. 'He smells good.'

Not long after, Kyuhyun began to realize something. People stared at them. Kyuhyun does not understand why people would stared at them. It's not that they did something wrong or anything. Is it? Is Donghae put his arm over Kyuhyun's shoulder is actually wrong? Right! They are both male. Of course people would look at them weirdly.

"Donghae-shii, people stared at us." Kyuhyun whispered, hoping that only Donghae would heard it but Donghae's reply didn't meet Kyuhyun's expectation at all.

"Just because we're in this position? So what if they stare? I don't care." Donghae said. Loud and clear, making the people around us heard it too and so they began to look elsewhere except for us. "Problem solved." Kyuhyun just sighed. 

"Do we need to be like this everyday?" Kyuhyun asked, while waiting for the elevator.

"Be like what?" Donghae asked. He just didn't understand by what Kyuhyun mean.

"Like this. Your arm on my shoulder." Kyuhyun explained, making Donghae mouthed 'o' then suddenly putting his sly smile. Suddenly, Kyuhyun had the feeling that there's evil plan formed in Donghae's mind right now.

"Actually, I never thought about it but since you mention it, why not." Right then, Kyuhyun whined like a five year old. He really regretted asking him that.

"Oh, come on~" Kyuhyun whined again, making Donghae to shook his hair.

"You're really cute, do you know that?" Donghae said before he touched the bridge of Kyuhyun's nose. Riht after that. things began to feel awkward between them. Both locked eyes with each other. Donghae never thought that he could said thing like that and Kyuhyun never thought that he could heard thing like that. Both are drown into their gaze, only parting when they heard the elevator sound.

With that, Donghae quickly put down his arm from Kyuhyun's shoulder and walked inside, not even waited for Kyuhyun. Both of them walked first before other staff rushed in. Many tried to enter the elevator, making it to be packed. Slowly, people began to back a little, making them to be pinned with each other. Seeing this, Donghae quickly stood in front of Kyuhyun, making the latter to widen his eyes. 'What is he trying to do?' 

Donghae is being pushed toward the back and to prevent himself to pin Kyuhyun, he quickly turn body, facing Kyuhyun and put both of his hand at the elevator wall right beside Kyuhyun to support himself. Right now, Kyuhyun is trapped between Donghae's hand. People still pushing each other and Donghae really tried hard to never let Kyuhyun being pinned. 

Right now, they stared at each other again. Kyuhyun began to understand why Donghae stood in front of him and began to feel thankful. Both of them were drawn into each other. The younger doesn't why he acted like this but he realized that he began to slowly closed himself toward Donghae and the older just feel the same. The gap began to decrease, both heartbeat began to beat faster than usual and both feel like they are in a a perfect mode when suddenly...

'Ting!'

The elevator sound wake them up. Both quickly keep a distance and both quickly widen their eyes, realizing what they have done. 

'We...'

'nearly..'

'kiss each other!'

"Urm..." Donghae began to voice out, but he just don't know what to say. 'This is awkward.' Donghae thought. 

"Let's just..." This time, it was Kyuhyun's turn to speak. Because words seems to jumble up in his brain, he just used his hand language as a sign to walk out from the elevator and appearently, Donghae seems to understood.

"Yeah.." And so, both of them walked out and Kyuhyun walked fast, leaved Donghae behind and the older didn't seems to mind it at all, because he is so confused right now. Why does he acted like that? Why he felt the urge to protect Kyuhyun from being pinned? Why he want to kiss him? He couldn't answered any of it.


"Yoon Sung-shii!!" Kyuhyun walked fast enough making him to reach the name's owner just in time. 

"Oh! Kyuhyun-shii, why you didn't came to the office yesterday?" Yoon Sung asked, and it only made Kyuhyun to remember about  his moment with Donghae.

"I....." Kyuhyun didn't know what to say. So in the end, "Yoon Sung-shii, i have good news for you." Kyuhyun changed the topic and acted so happy with a grin on his face. At least i did attracted his friend.

"What is it?" Kyuhyun put his back pack on the table in front of him before he ped it and took out the proposal. "Tadaa!" 

"Woah! It's the proposal. How did you...." Without any word to continue, Yoon Sung quickly hugged him tightly, telling him how thankful he is. 

"What's with the hug?" A voice could be heard. Yoon Sung quickly released it and looked up for the owner. 

"Ryeowook-shii, Kyuhyun-shii just save my day." Yoon Sung explained but it still didn't made Ryeowook understand anything. "This..." YoonSung showed him the proposal and his eyes went wide.

"You got the proposal back? How did you do?" Ryeowook asked in disbelief. Kyuhyun want to answer that but how can he said that it's not him that managed to get that but Donghae.

"Well, whatever it is, I need to go. I don't want to be late. Thank you, Kyuhyun-shii." Yoon Sung took all the copies and walked out from the office and now left only Ryeowook and Kyuhyun.

"Say, Kyuhyun." Ryeowook speak up.

"Yes?"

"Siwon won't be here until lunch." Ryeowook said. Kyuhyun want to said something when suddenly he being interrupted.

"Siwon will not be here?" Ryeowook turned to the owner but Kyuhyun didn't because he knew who is it, Donghae.

"You forgot? Today is the anniversary." 

"Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about it." It seems like both Ryeowook and Donghae knew why his boss is not here and it made him curious. What annivesary? Donghae is Siwon's cousin, so he must know. Finally Kyuhyun got the nerve to look at Donghae and he tried really hard to not let his nervousness shown.

"What anniversary?" Kyuhyun asked. Donghae and Ryeowook changing gaze with each other, as if they were trying to wonder whether they can tell or not and Kyuhyun's curiousity increased.

"I need to go." Donghae said without any emotion before he quickly walked away toward his own office. 

"Ryeowook-shii?" The P.A just let out a big sigh. Kyuhyun really didin't understand. What's with them? Is it so hard to tell?

"Let's get some drink." Ryeowook said before he dragged Kyuhyun out.


It was a gloomy day for Siwon. For every years, eversince he was little, this day is the day where he really wish will not come because it will only remind him of his past. His dark past. This day, is the day that he started to not put his trust to people around him. This day, the day he acted cold to everyone. This day, is the day that made him what he are today.

Siwon parked his car at the parking lot and head to the stairs, with a bouquet of flowers on his hand. While heading to the stairs, he passed through the big geomatical craved stone that said - Seoul Memorial Park Cemetery

With a heavy step, Siwon climbed through the stairs while looking at the surrounding. He don't like to be here but for the sake of them, Siwon forced himself to come eventhough it only once in a year.

He finally arrived at the graves. Two grave, that underneath it is the bodies of the two people that he loved. There are tombstones. One for each grave. On the left, Choi In Soo and on the right, Choi Hwa Soon. Siwon squatted down and put the bouquet in a bowl in front of the grave before he finally looked at the tombstone. He sighed.

"Umma...Appa, today is your wedding anniversary." He stopped himself briefly before he continued again. "I know, I'm a bad son. I'm supposed to do memorial service aren't I. But I refused, instead i came to visit umma and appa on your wedding anniversary." He smiled. He can imagined how his mother's expression whenever she's dissapointed with his son. 

"Tsk..I can imagined how umma react when i do something bad. 'Aigoo, you're bad boy.' Siwon imitated the way his mom would say before he laughed a bit. He really missed that tone his mother used.

"Really umma, I'm a bad boy. I don't want to do memorial service because it will only remind me of the pain that I felt all this time. So, I'm really sorry umma...appa." He took a deep breath and released it at once before he looked back at the tombstone. "Are you guys happy? Up there? How I wish to join both of you but Harabeoji didn't let me. He want me to take care of the company." Before he continued, he began to remember the past and all the pain that he had been through.

He still remember his mother laying helplessly on the bed without anyone beside her except for him. He remember how he found his dad few days after his mother died and he still remember how his maid managed to save him when he tried to kill himself, thinking that he could be with his parents. Those memories are still vivid in his mind and it's because of one man. The man that took away his happiness eversince he was a child.

"I'm sorry Appa, but I still hate Harabeoji."

(FLASHBACK)

"Abeoji, abeoji please...send someone else for the meeting. My wife is sick. She needs me. My family needs me. Please..I'm begging you." Siwon's father begged to his father, Siwon's grandfather. He already on his knee, constantly begging to the man that was standing in front of him. 

"In Soo-ah, this meeting is an importand meeting. It's our future and you're the only one suitable to handle this meeting. Hwa Soon will be fine. I've hired the best doctor in Korea to treat her. Everything is going to be alright." Little that they knew, Little Siwon saw eand heard everything.

***

"Umma..umma please...don't die." Little Siwon was crying hard while begging for his mother to stay alive. She was in the critical moment. For a little child, Siwon just don't know what to do. His dad was outstation and the doctor seems to stop every effort they had made. As if they just wait for the time to come. Siwon's mother lifted her hand slowly and reached her son's cheek. A smile formed on her pale face.

"Siwon-ah, I can stay any longer. Mianhae." Siwon shook his head hard. He don't want this. He don't want his mother to go away from him. "Promise me that you'll take good care of your dad. You're my hero, remember?" While sobbing, Siwon weakly nodded his head. He always said to his mother that he's her hero.

"Umma please...."

"Your dad is not here. Don't get mad at him, okay?" His mother said, getting weaker and weaker.

"Umma...."

"Promise me." She said again, weaker than before.

"Pomise."

"Good boy, Saranghae...." With that, Siwon's mother slowly closed her eyes, and the hand on Siwon's cheek, dropped instantly.

***

Siwon sat while looking at his mother's picture. It was during the ceremony where the eldest son sat at the side on the room with the deceased photo and candles light up. He looked at his mother. Although it's just a picture, but it surely showed the beauty and the caring aura in his mother. He really missed her. While still looking at the photo, a commotion suddenly be heard, making Siwon to divert his attention.

"Hwa Soon-ah! Hwa Soon-ah!" Siwon could see how his dad widen his eyes when he saw the picture. His dad slowly came close to the picture before he fall down on his knee. Tears began to roll out from his eyes. He just couldn't believed it, his wife, his beloved wife had died. "Hwa Soon-ah...Mianhae..i was late. I was not there..."He began to cry loudly.

Siwon couldn't take it. He too began to cry as he closed himself toward his father. He knew his dad felt guilty right now. Guilty for leving his sick wife when he travelled away for his work. Siwon knew that his dad did that without his consent. He jus can't say know to his father's word.

"Appa..." Siwon's father finally looked up to him and Siwon could see the regret on his father's eyes. Without waiting any longer, he was brought to his father embrace. Both of them cried together and both of them hugged each other as tightly as they can.

***

It's a week after Siwon's mother death. Eversince that, Siwon's father keep himself away from the outside world. Of course, everyone is sad, his harabeoji too, but his dad is the worst. He kept himself locked in his room. Everyday, Siwon could hear crying sound whenever he walked past the room. Siwon felt sad. He want to comfort his dad but he can't. Because his dad kept himself away from everyone, including himself.

"Siwon-ah, go tell your dad that dinner is ready." His Harabeoji said. Without any protest, Siwon got up from his chair and went to his father's room.

"Appa...Dinner is ready." No response. Siwon knocked on the door but still, no voice could be heard at all. This is weird, Siwon thought. Usually, even the slightess knock could made his dad shouted while crying. Siwon slowly twisted the door knob and opened the door.

"Appa...." Siwon's mouth were hanging open, his eyes went wide. What he saw, is something that he thought his dad will never do. His dad is hanging helplessly on the fan, and Siwon noticed there's a letter on the floor. Siwon just couldn't take it.

***

Siwon opened his eyes. He looked around and he could see white surrounded him. He's not dead. Because right now, he's in the hospital, laying on the bed, with his left wrist were bandaged. Since the room is small, he could hear the sound coming from outside. It was his grandfather probably with a doctor.

"I can't believe he dared to kill himself. How can he did that? He is the oldest granchild. He need to take care of the company! How can he acted foolish out of himself!"

Siwon couldn't believe his ears.This is too much. All this while, harabeoji only cared for his company. The damn company. Both of his son and his daughter-in-law had just passed away and Siwon nearly died. but all he could think is his company and his successor. This the moment where he started to hate his grandfather.

(END FLASHBACK)

                                                                                                                  TBC

 

 

Finally!!! It's short isn't it? I really tired right now. to be honest, i just don't feel like want update anything because there's too much work and mess that i had to endure lately. but for the sake of my readers, i forced myself to write. so please leave your comment so that i don't feel like my update is just a waste of time.

p/s :to wonkyu fans, i don't how my writing could made you guys really think that wonkyu moment will be in this chapter. i told u guys that wonkyu moment will come 'after this'. it doesn't mean that it will come in this chapter. So for the dissapointed wonkyu fan, wait a little more okay.