Chapter 16

Love Me, Hate Me

Kyuhyun stirred at the sunshine ray that hit him. He rubbed his eyes lazily but groaned as he tried to stand up. His felt ached all over his body. Thanks to Choi Siwon, his back hurt, and his felt numb. Remembering the guy, Kyuhyun opened his eyes wide only to find an empty bed and an opened cupboard that filled with nothing except for his luggage. No Choi Siwon, there's also no sound in the bathroom.

Kyuhyun roomed again, hoping that whatever in his mind right now is not true. His eyes then landed piece of paper on the night stand right beside him. 'Get your new ticket when you get to the airport.' Kyuhyun read it countless times until the realization hit him. He grabbed his phone and looked at the time. 11.15 a.m. He hit his head on the bed and groaned loudly. His flight was on 9!

"DAMN IT, CHOI SIWON! I couldn't go to sleep because i worried hell about you, then you got back drunk and i cleaned you and then you hold my hand, leave me no other choice but to sleep while sitting on the damn hard floor! And now, you leave me behind with a stupid note on the stupid nightstand! The young secretary voice out his anger before he went to the bathroom and slammed the door, hard.


Walked out from the airport, he put his luggage into the trunk before he got into the cab. Journey to the Choi Resident seems to be longer than he thought. It's been quite a while since he last step on the resident. He don't like to be there at all. He go there only if his Haraboji insisted on him. But as he going further away from the airport, Choi Siwon couldn't help but to think back about someone that he left behind in Jeju. 

He felt guilty. Choi Siwon is not the type of person to feel guilt but today is an exception. Sure, he remember last night. Went back to the room, drunk, talking nonsense. He remembered it, but he didn't remembered holding Kyuhyun's hand. When he woke up this morning, he was startled when he found that he was holding his hand through out his sleep. Of course he shoved his hand away aggressively but later regretted it when he saw Kyuhyun sitting on the floor with his head land on the bed. Kyuhyun didn't looked comfortable at all. Making the young guy sleep like that is bad and shoved his hand aggressively, is evil. The least Siwon could do was shoved gently.

His mind told him to wake him up so that both of them won't miss the flight but his heart told him to just leave him alone, let him get more sleep. He had too much the day before and he deserved some rest for that. His heart also told him to carry Kyuhyun and put him on the bed properly. He made the move, his hand reached Kyuhyun, he was ready to lift him up and that was when his ego strike back.

'Don't open up to him. In the end of the day, you'll get hurt.'

Siwon walked away, away from Kyuhyun, further and further until his back came in contact with the wall behind him. He sighed heavily and put both of his hands to his face. His ego always win him over his heart. That's why he's like this. Everything that he is right now, are made from his ego. He looked again at Kyuhyun before he reached his phone in his jacket. If his ego stopped him from putting Kyuhyun on the bed, then there's one thing that Siwon could do.

"This is Korean Air. May I help you?"

The cab slowly stopped and it also stopped him from his thoughts. Siwon looked around and recognized it right away.

"Choi Resident, sir." 

"I can see that." Siwon said sarcastically before he opened the cab's door and got out. The big mansion stood firmly in front of him, symbolized the big power that his Haraboji has. It's big. Damn big and he wondered how can Haraboji can live inside there alone with all the maids and the butlers. Haraboji only has two children. His dad and Donghae's mother. 

Donghae's mother moved out when she got married. She's no longer a Choi and she understood what she had to do. Siwon moved out right after he reached his legal age. He don't want to live in there, alone with Haraboji. 

With a big sigh, Siwon walked to the front door and ringed the bell. Shortly after, the door was opened and there stood a middle age woman. She gaped and later had tears in her eyes. Siwon just smiled before he took her in his arm.

"Annyong, ajhuma." She cried even harder before she broke the hug and hit Siwon's arm. Siwon groaned a little but still didn't lose his smile.

"When did there last time you came here, huh? Aigoo, look at you. Getting more handsome now." The ahjuma cupped Siwon's cheeks with both of her hand.

"Are you doing well, Ahjuma?" Siwon walked inside along with the Ahjuma beside him. His hand had on her shoulder. She's one of the maid that worked in the mansion even before his parents tragedy. Sunhwa, her name. She's still young back then and Siwon always thought of her like his own sister.

She's different than the others, her caring and lovely attitude made Siwon liked her. After the tragedy, she was the only one that can talked to him, listen to his cries, rocking him till he went to sleep and took care of him. And Siwon no longer thought of her like a sister but like a mother instead, and his only best friend.

Siwon started recover again, started to be like his normal self but it didn't last long until Haraboji decided to sent him abroad. Since that, everything changed. 


"Kamsahamida!" Kyuhyun thanked and bowed the cab driver before he took his luggage and went inside the airport. His eyes searched for the Korean Air counter to get ticket and when he found it, the said guy quickly went to it and was greet by the ground attendant.

"May I help you sir?"


"Yes, Umma, I'm at the airport right now. I'll be on board soon. Listen." Donghae took his phone away from his ear and shoved it to the air when an announcement was made. 'Attention to all passengers for flight....'

"Did you hear that, umma? It's the flight announcement. Now, where you can get to hear this kind of announcement?" Donghae asked playfully while walking to the Korean Air counter to check-in.

"At the airport. Okay, I believe in you. I'm just worried that you'll miss your flight."

"Umma, I'm Lee Donghae. I...." Donghae stopped. His mind wondered why he saw Kyuhyun standing in front him. 

"You what, Lee Donghae?" Mrs. Lee asked while giggling. 

"I have to go, umma." Her giggling stopped.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I'll call you later okay." Donghae ended the phone call and walked forward, toward Kyuhyun.


The secretary thanked the ground attendant after he grabbed his ticket. He walked away with no exact feeling in his mind until he spotted Donghae, talking to the phone. He froze. The kiss appeared in his mind. He want to run away, away from Donghae so that the older guy won't noticed him but his legs seems to be froze. Finally Donghae saw him, he froze too.

'Owh ! He saw me.' Kyuhyun gulped as Donghae ended his phone conversation and walked toward him. He could feel himself slightly sweating even when the surround temperature was cold. His heart pumped fast. He really hoped to run away but Donghae would chase him for sure. 

"Kyuhyun? Aren't you supposed to be in Seoul right now? Did you and Siwon missed both of your flight?"

"Yeah." Kyuhyun didn't know what to answer. He knew that Donghae would get mad if he find out Siwon leaved him behind.

"Where is he?" Donghae looked around, hoping to find his cousin but to no avail. Donghae's focus when back to Kyuhyun. The younger guy seemed to avoid his gaze and Donghae noticed that he's been playing with his fingers.

"Don't tell me he leave you behind?" Donghae asked again. When Kyuhyun replied him with a total silence, it hit him. He sighed heavily and before he could say something, Kyuhyun cut him.

"It was my fault! I overslept! He may tried to wake me up." There, his worried came true.

"You're talking about Siwon, Kyuhyun-ah. He don't wake people up."

"How do you know he didn't? Maybe he did."

"Maybe he's not!" Donghae raised his voice, feeling angry when Kyuhyun was defending him.

"Then, maybe he starting to change!" Kyuhyun raised his voice too. He knew he was wrong. He just knew it but he don't want Donghae to get mad at Siwon. He don't want anything to happen between them because of him.

"Kyuhyun, why are you...." 'defending him?' Donghae just couldn't finished it because if he did, then Kyuhyun will answer him and it might hurt his heart.

"What, Donghae?" 'Im trying to not to make you mad. Can't you see it?

Of course Donghae couldn't see it. Kyuhyun also knew that and it made him sad. He didn't know why he felt like this. The way Donghae look at him, the hurt clearly showed and it sadden him even more.

"Let's just forget about this. Can I see your ticket? Is your flight same as mine?" Donghae asked. Kyuhyun just shook his head slowly and just pased him his ticket.

"I don't know." Kyuhyun said weakly and Donghae noticed it. He sighed softly before he grabbed Kyuhyun and hugged him.

"I'm sorry. Maybe you were right. Maybe he is changing." 

The feeling come again. Kyuhyun felt so warm in Donghae's embrace. What is this? Does he like Donghae now? Slowly, he hugged Donghae back but without he realized, he tighten his hug. So tight that it alarmed Donghae. 

"Kyuhyun?"

Kyuhyun don't want to let go. He don't know why but he don't want to let go. He felt so clingy now but he don't care. He just don't want to let go. He closed his eyes shut and hugged him even tighter.

Donghae was confused, worried you name it. He tried to let go but everytime he did that, Kyuhyun stopped him by hugging him tighter. He didn't feel suffocate at all but he didn't worried about himself. He worried about Kyuhyun. Why he suddely acted like this, he didn't know. After several attempt, Donghae gave up and just hugged him, soothing his back until Kyuhyun finally let go.


Siwon sat at the dining table with Haraboji. Both silently eating their lunch, prepared by the cook. The only sound could be heard is the sound of the spoon and chopstick knocking the plate. Haraboji cleared his throat, a clear sign that he want to say something. Also a clear sign to say 'Stop eating and hear me talk.' Siwon put down his spoon and ready to listen to any of the old man rumbling.

"So, how's your department doing?" 

"Good."

"I heard there's a new secretary for you. Is he good?"

"Kinda." 

"So, are you ready yet to take over the company?" Siwon chuckled before he looked back at Haraboji.

"Haraboji, you have another three grandsons. Why me?"

"You know it clearly, Siwon-ah." Hearing that, Siwon chuckled even more.

"What? Because they're Lee and I'm a Choi?"

"Choi Group must be put in the hand of a Choi."

"What kind of is that?"

"Choi Siwon!" Siwon quickly stared at his food. Suddenly he lost his appetite. He knew he went to far. 

"I'm sorry." By the time Siwon said it, Sunhwa Ahjuma came in and poured water into Siwon's glass before she proceed to Haraboji.

"It's been a long time since you last come here. Stay here for a night." Siwon was about to protest when he saw the plead eyes on Sunhwa ahjuma. He sighed before he nodded weakly and agreed.


It was a chilling night and Siwon liked it. He sat down on the floor at the balcony that facing the beautiful lawn at the back of the mansion. It kinda late and he bet everyone already went to their bed. The only thing that he liked about this house is to be able to sit at the balcony and able to witness the view from here. It's beautiful, especially when at night. He can looked at the dark blue sky with stars and moon, it calmed him down but his admiration stopped abruptly that night when his phone ringed. He cursed before he answered it.

"Hello." 

"Yahh!!!!" Siwon put his phone far away from his ear. The voice's pitch was so high that it could possibly turn him deaf. Clearly it belong to Ryeowook.

"Do you have to do that?!" Siwon stressed his voice in whisper.

"Yah, where were you? I was expecting you to call me!

"For what? I'm at Haraboji's house. He made me stay for a night."

"I'm your bestfriend! I know you had a great time there but can't you call me? Beside, i have a news to tell you. I should tell you this tomorrow but damn i'm so happy that i want to spill the bean now. Wait, did you just said that you're in your grandpa's house?" Siwon just chuckled and plastered a smile on his face. Ryeowook can really be hyper sometimes.

"Yes, I am. Now, tell me the news. It better be hell good or else."

"Or what? I'm precious to you, Siwon-ah. Even you don't say it but i know. You won't do anything to me." 

"No ! Sherlock!" Siwon laughed and he could hear Ryeowook laughed too.

"It's true isn't it? Just admit it Siwon-ah. It won't kill." 

"The news, Ryeowook-ah." Siwon said while still grinning.

"Fine! Remember the project that we battle out with Sekang?"

"The state government project? The one that Kyuhyun shredded the proposal?" Siwon asked.

"You started to call him Kyuhyun? Did something happen there?" Ryeowook asked playfully.

"Not now, Ryeowook-ah."

Okay. I got it. We got the project. Sekang lose over us. Wohooo!!!" Siwon widen his eyes. He couldn't believe what he just heard.

"You got to be kidding me?"

"Do I make a joke on things like this?

"No. No you don't. I can't believe this! Haha!!" 

"I'm going to celebrate this with the rest of the team tomorrow. They deserved it. You wanna join?" Ryeowook asked.

"I'll think about it." Siwon don't want to go. 

"Oh, come on!"

"I'll see you at the office, tomorrow~." Siwon said, trying to ended up the conversation.

"Gah, whatever. Bye Siwon-ah! I love you!!" Ryeowook said happily.

"I love you too!!!" Siwon pressed the end call button and laughed for a moment. Funny when thinking how he and Ryeowook can become like this.

"Who are you talking too?" Siwon turned around and smiled when Sunhwa ahjuma came over and sat right next to him. "Is it your girlfriend?" Siwon laughed and just shook his head.

"I would be crazy if date this person."

"Who was it?" Sunhwa ahjuma asked, smile never leaved her face.

"Ryeowook." Sunhwa ahjuma laughed. She never met Ryeowook but Siwon talked about him. Siwon just smiled before he lay down and put his head on Sunhwa ahjuma's lap. She just smiled before she played with Siwon's hair.

"I miss this, you know." Siwon said.

"Then move back here."

"I don't want to." Sunhwa ahjuma just sighed softly before she continued to his hair. 

You started to call him Kyuhyun? Did something happen there?

"Sunhwa ahjuma..."

"Hmm?"

"You know i've changed right? I acted cold towards everyone except Ryeowook. You know that right?"

"What about me?" Siwon grinned.

"I act cold toward everyone except Ryeowook and you." Sunhwa ahjuma smiled and nodded her head.

"What should I do when there is this young guy.....messing up with my heart?"

"My Siwon is in love?" Sunhwa ahjuma asked happily.

"No. I'm just...He just...i don't know." Siwon sighed and closed his eyes. He don't know whether he started to fall for him or not.

"Well, did you acted cold toward him too?"

"Yes."

"Then you should opened up to him. Be a gentleman. Not be a douche." Siwon raised his eyebrow upon hearing the 'douche' word. This old lady surely know lots of words.

"But I...."

"You can't seems to trust him? Afraid that he too will hurt you like your Haraboji had hurt you?" 

"Yes."

"Siwon, there are some people in this world that you can trust and some that you can't. You cannot think that everyone is the same, Siwon-ah. If you keep doing this, you'll just make yourself suffer and forever will not be happy. Well, unless if you want to settle down with Ryeowook and be happy with him." Siwon laughed hard at the last statement and she joined him. Him and Ryeowook? He simply cannot imagined it.

 

 

                                                                                                                       TBC

 

Updated!!!!! It's been a long since i write this long isnt it? well i was thinking because you guys have waited so long so it's unfair to let u guys updated with a short chapter. but guys, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!! i need a scenario, and a conflict. a scenario that can make Siwon finally trust Kyuhyun completely and a conflict that gonna make three of them hurt (emotionally). Please guys!! i  don't know how to continue this..my lack of idea is killing me!! if there's too many suggestion then i'll choose the most interesting and don't worry, i'll give credit to you. please help!!