Realization

The Second Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~No one’s POV~

“What was that?” Songjong asked, his question lost in the air as the boys sat there, eyes wide and staring. Their eyes were glued to the figure which was rousing on the bed, the bed where Hayoung laid. Words were stuck at the tips of the boys mouths, too scared to speak; afraid that if they did, the dream would break and they would be smacked with the reality of Hayoung’s situation. No one wanted to give the other hope incase Hayoung was just twitching in her coma, like she had before.

The figure rose slowly. Her hair fell back, gently resting along the edge of the bed and framing her pale, porcelain face. The light danced upon her eyelashes, casting a silhouette which met the end of her nose. Her cheeks, which should have been devoid of color, were rosy and dewy; denying the fact that she had been practically dead. Slowly her eyes opened- revealing a set of pale blue grey eyes. Pale, but fierce and glossy. They quickly regained life, her big round pupils forming a semi-circle as she smiled. Her plump red lips formed the smile the boys were waiting for, yearning for and hoping to see for months on end. “Hello boys. I’m back,” were the first set of words that had exited from those lips after months of remaining dormant.

The figure slowly raised her graceful, long and slender arms and waved. Then she slowly jumped off the bed and waltzed to where the boys were sitting. They continued starring in awe and confusion.

A gentle fall breeze carried in a leaf which landed gracefully on Hayoung’s long, voluptuous hair. The moment they touched, the leaf froze, shattered and disintegrated. Hayoung let out a chime, proclaiming her glee as she smiled brightly; seeming as if she accomplished something. Dongwoo spoke up first. With a shaky hand, he reached out towards her, “Hey… are you okay?” he asked. Hayoung turned and nodded her head in agreement, “I feel fine.” The rest of the boys gazed at her, uncertain if it were a dream or reality.

“Do you… remember us?” Songjong asked uneasily. Hayoung pointed to each member in turn, saying their names and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter