The Hunt... In The Mall

The Second Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Narrator’s POV~

“Hey boss, isn’t she the girl that we were supposed to kill today? Can’t I go kill her right now? I mean, she looks like such an easy prey and she’s so vulnerable. On top of that, we’ve been lurking for hours and she’s not even guarded by her pals.” a creature with a devious smile on his face asked. They had been stalking you from the moment you left home and were wondering why they weren’t given the permission to kill you yet.

The boss spoke quietly and friendly. “You know…” he started, but then his eyes changed to a bloody red color. “I’m quite sick of you wanting to do things your way. Red told us not to kill her yet because she’s under that kid’s care. You want to go and try to kill her? Fine, but afterwards, someone from the group is going to hunt your down for defying orders.” he screeched.  “Go, run towards her. Try to kill her. I dare you” As he spoke the last three words, shivers ran down all the creatures’ spines. They became frozen, afraid to speak in case they might irk their boss even more. Only the stupid creature decided to talk back to their boss. N-n-n-no boss. I was just suggesting that we try. I’m sorry boss, I am stupid and I don’t know my place.”

“Oh, so you admit that you don’t know you place? Either way, it’s too late. I’m tired of you. Leave my sight now.” the boss spoke, but that idiotic creature still continued to stay. “I-I-I’m sorry boss. I won’t do it again!” he cried.

“Did you not hear me? Fine, I’ll just do this my way.” the boss spat at the creature.

Only a shrill cry, the sounds of bones breaking and limbs being torn apart could be heard throughout the night for the creatures. They looked away and shook their heads, thinking that their fellow creature must have been REALLY dumb to not comprehend the situation he was in.

After maiming the body, the boss spoke up again. “Today is an example of what you should never do. Make a note of today, and don’t let this same situation happen again.” he warned.

~Your POV~

*Your thought color*

I heard a scream, some bones breaking and something that sounded like a body being torn apart.

“Hey Songjong, did you hear that scream just now?” I asked. He nodded and added, “I also heard the gruesome sounds that followed.” I grew worried. What if the creatures were starting to invade this city and were outside the walls, killing more people.

“Don’t worry Hayoung, I’ll protect you.” Songjong affirmed me. “Besides, it’s probably nothing and just some vampires that decided to fight.” I just hope that he’s right and that nothing is wrong, but either way I felt uncertain. “If you’re done with shopping, do you want to go back and meet up with the rest?” I asked. I guessed Songjong could feel my uneasiness and agreed, so we headed back for the rest of the boys.

------------------------------------ A while later---------------------------------------------

Songjong and I had been snooping around the mall for two hours and we couldn’t find the boys! Well, along the way we did do a little more shopping, but still! “Gah, where could the boys be!?!?!?!?!” I yelled. “You know what, the next time we all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter