The Split

The Second Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-------YOUR P.O.V--------

Hi. I'm Lee Hayoung. I've been hidden, away from society ever scence birth. Oh yeah, by the way, I'm 10 years old. My parents say that hiding me in the middle of this forest to protect me. I mean, hardly anyone ever comes here;it's secluded from the rest of society. Sometimes hikers come near my hideout, but they never drop in and say hi, and after that day I never see them again. It's quite sad how they just disapear like that. But, it's not ALL that boring to live here. I have the latest technology, and toys, and ocationally my parents drop in and out to see me. I love them so much, and I know how hard taking care of me is... I mean, I'm not stupid. I might be young but I know what it means to be the second-born child in out species. 

So to help my parents, I don't complain, and i keep a low profile. 

Today my parents are comming to visit me! I'm so excited! I haven't seen my parents for about 2 weeks. I wonder if they'll ever let me meet my brother. I wonder what he looks like and what his name is. Would he be nice, or would he shun me like the rest of the world? But sometimes, I can't help but wonder why us second children are so hated. I mean I know were stronger than the rest of the world, and we have more powers and stuff, but we're just another vampire as well, the only difference being that we NEED blood to survive.

Oh right, I bet you're wondering how I eat when I'm isolated from everyone. Everytime my parents come, they bring me either bags of blood, or criminals that are going to be executed soon. Well, I do kind of feel bad for killing those peple, but they were going to be killed anyway so I don't see why it matters. Also, I heard getting bitten is a great pleasure, so at least they die in bliss than out of tourture. My family is the highest rank so we decide what happens to criminals, and all those waiting execution are at my mercy, haha.

Ah, I hear knocking! It must be my parents!!

"Mommy! Daddy!" I shouted, than ran to give them a huge bear hug. "We missed you Hayoung," I heard them say while hugging me. I burrowed my face into the crook of their necks, inhaling the familiar scent of my parents. Sigh, I knew I missed them, but I guess it was more than I thought. "We have something special for you dear," my mom said. Hmm, I wonder what it could be...

Handing me a box they said, "Hayoung, I'm not sure when this will be needed, but when the time comes, it will protect you." I opened the box, and inside was a pendant. It was the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen. My dad explained that, "Your bother has a necklace simliar to your's except the color is green. If you are to ever meet him, show him this and he will know. Inside the charm is a spell that will protect you until you gain your powers and learn how to use them. Whenever you are in danger, it will perform some kind of trick to make you safe again. Do not loose it Hayoung, this pendant is also the only thing that can help you find your brother..." and in a hushed tone he wispered, "if we were to ever disapear." I think he thought I didnt hear him, but I did. I heard him loud and clear.

"What do you mean, disapear?" voice cracking and hardly audible I asked him. "Why would you go away?" and what he told me next was unbelieveable. I can't believe that I've been found out. "How, why? I've kept a low

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter