This is War

Realising a little to late that I love you

Mir lay on his bed reading through his comic, the comedy manga was helping him to take his mind off all his problems, mainly concerning Joon and Seungho. It had been a week since the incident in the kitchen and the situation had only got more frustrating. He was honestly tired of the two older boys consistent bickering. They were competing against each other in almost everything. Today had been the breaking point for the young rapper. He put down his precious comic with some force and sighed loudly thinking over the events that had made him so angry. It had all started with MBLAQ's radio interview that morning.

 

"Today we are honored to have the chic-dols MBLAQ as guests on kpop radio" The little female warmly greeted the five members while they settled into place. Seungho sat on Mir's left while Joon sat on his right. The radio host did the usual introductions and jokes with the members. Finally she started on the questions. "So Mir you have become a very popular man at the moment. Is it true that you have been asked to star in the a Hollywood movie." Mir leaned forward to answer the question. Joon stretched back in his chair and raised his arms. The movement caught Seungho's attention and he turned his head. Joon was looking straight at hi with a smirk on his face. He moved his arm to lean on the back of Mir's chair. Joon raised his eyebrow as a confirmation of the blatant challenge of Mir's affections. Seungho clenched his jaw in angry and narrowed his eyes. He turned his attention to Mir who was happily chatting away with the host completely oblivious what was going on behind him.

"If it's a war he wants then it's a war he will get" thought the leader to himself. Mir sat back so that the host could play a song. Seungho discreetly placed his hand on Mir's knee. The maknae looked over in his direction and flashed him his infamous grin. The butterflies in Seungho's stomach went crazy. Mir turned his attention to the conversation that was going on between G.O and the host. Seungho watched the maknae laugh and he couldn't help but smile along with the youngest forgetting altogether about his competition with Joon.

Joon himself smiled to upon hearing the maknae' laugh. He was surprised at himself. The laugh had once annoyed him a little mainly because it was so distinctive and always had so much happiness behind it. He scanned Mir's face, the boy was good looking but not in the usually idol way. For Mir it was natural and his good nature just increased his attractiveness. Joon's eyes ran over the rest of Mir admiring how much he had filled out lately until his eyes fell on the hand caressing the youngest's knee. His smile immediately face off his face. So Seungho had excepted his challenge. "This is war" thought Joon to himself as he leaned closer to the maknae.

"Mireu could you please pass me a bottle of water" Joon whispered into the youngest's ear. Mir jumped a bit at how close Joon was but he leaned forward towards the middle of the table. As he did so his shirt rode up a little and exposed some skin and Joon found himself admiring the view. Mir handed the bottle of water over and as he did so their fingers meet. Joon felt a small spark shot through him and his throat went dry. How was Mir having such an affect on him lately. Mir sat back in his place and Seungho's hand flew back into it's place. Joon wondered to himself if he had always felt something for the maknae as he had always been aware of the youngest and had always felt uneasy when some one else touched the rapper. He realised at that moment that he had covered up his feeling by been cold to the maknae and eventually he had started to believe that he disliked Mir. He suddenly felt bad for the way he treated the youngest, he wanted the youngest to realize that he was sincere in his feelings. He needed Mir's affections back because it didn't feel right without the youngest fawning over him.

The interview continued and Joon and Seungho continued to glare at each other while touching Mir or playing around with him.

The host turned her attention to Joon. "Joon this question is for you. How much do you enjoy skinship and which member do you feel awkward doing it with?"

Joon leaned towards the mic, "Well I enjoy it because I get to show my members especially how much I care for them. as for the member I feel the most awkward with is... Mir."

 

Mir felt his heart drop, he was used to Joon and the others saying they were awkward with him but it still cut deep into his heart and soul every time they did. He also thought that Joon would change his tune after all that had happened but maybe the older boy had just been playing with him. He felt Seungho's hand squeeze his leg in comfort and it gave him the strength to shake off the sadness. However it seemed Joon hadn't finished with his answer so Mir turned his attention back to Joon.

"I feel awkward with Mir for two reasons, one because our maknae hasn't always been good looking but lately he has surpassed even me and I feel like I am overshadowed by him. The other reason is a bit shocking but it is because of how much I like Mir. That's right listeners...I, Lee Joon has the biggest crush on Bang Mir. I think he is totally awesome and so I feel awkward doing skinship with him because of how much I enjoy it."

The studio was quiet for a few seconds as they allowed the shock to sink in. The silence was broken as their manager burst through the door waving his arms like a crazy person. "Everyone out, this is over. Boys to the cars now, omigosh how am I going to fix this. Oh crap I am so fired." the manager ranted while trying to herd Thunder who was closest to him out the door.

"Lee Joon, you frikking idiot" Seungho, unable to contain his anger his anger anymore, shouted as he lunged himself at the trouble maker. The two feel to the floor as they began to brawl on the floor. Mir and G.O tried to pull the two apart amidst the chaos within the studio. Mir was able to pull Seungho off Joon. Gripping the leader around the shoulders he pulled him out the door.

Mir lead the raging leader down the hallway trying to ignore the stares of the radio employees who had obviously heard the broadcast. Seungho suddenly pulled out of his grasp and tried to rush back into the studio but Mir  was able to stop him. "Just leave it for now okay. It isn't worth it and you could have hurt him..."

Seungho moved his glare from the door they had just exited to Mir, "What the hell Mir. I wanted to hurt him, the goddam idiot just caused a scandal.Oh but of course you would care more about his precious face getting bruised more than what this could do to MBLAQ."

Mir was taken back at the words, how could Seungho say things like that "Don't be ridiculous hyung I care about MBLAQ more than anything but I just don't think starting a fight in the middle of the studio was the best way to handle the situation."

Seungho just scoffed, " You sound pathetic but then again you must be loving this. All the attention finally been on you. The maknae that no one wanted is finally famous well congratulations but let me tell you this, that frikking idiot in there only wants to get into your pants and therefore he wins?

Mir narrowed his eyes "What do you mean win?"

"It means that the two of us want you and we are going to do anything to get you." Seungho's brain suddenly caught up with his mouth and realised that he had just revealed to Mir what they were up too.

Mir felt anger spread through his body and he exploded just as the other members and their manager joined them in the hallway. "I AM NOT SOME GODDAM  TOY WHO CAME BE WON! How dare you play with my emotions, it either of you truly liked me then some stupid competition wouldn't matter and only I would. Yet this entire week all you have done is growl at each other and treat me like I am your property. I am not the pathetic one that Yang Seungho is you."

He turned his head to face Joon and everyone in the hall had to admit at that very minute that they were terrified of Mir. "And you Lee Joon you are worse than Seungho thinking that you can be a -hole to me and treat me like dirt and then suddenly I get a bit of attention and suddenly you want me. I don't believe it for a second, I would just boost you popularity. That's why you just did what you did, turn the spot light to you again because you can't stand if some one upstages you especially if it is some one that you hate."

He eyed both Sengho and Joon "I am not a toy and until you learn that then I want nothing to do with either of you." 

With that he turned his back and walked away.

 

He wondered as he lay on his bed if he had perhaps been to harsh on them but pushed the thoughts away. He climbed off his bed and walked to his desk. He switched on hislaptop dreading what he would find on the internet about the incident. Their manager had been able to talk down the company and the media saying that Joon was being a pabo and joking around. They had thankfully bought it but he knew that the fans didn't. He scrolled through the fans comments and his face grew red as he read. Most were freaking out about how happy they were that "joonmir" was real. He slammed the screen down after reading about how one fan wanted to see them doing some nasty things. He put his head in his hands, this had gotten out of hand. A small knock sounded at his door and his heart stopped for a second. He sighed in relief when he heard Thunder's voice on the other side "Hey Mireu listen I have some food for you so that you don't have to sit with them. Oh always Key is here."

Mir perked up at the news of his 91'line friend coming to visit him. He opened the door and smiled to see the blonde diva who waltzed in without invitation. Thunder  looked a bit scared of SHINee's rapper which made Mir giggle while he gratefully excepted the tray of food. "Thank you hyung. you are the best"

He closed the door and placed the tray on his desk. Key was standing in the middle of the room with his hands on his hips. "I thought you said you were over that          buffoon." 

"Oh it's great to see you too bro, missed you a lot as well. Oh I am fine thanks." Mir said a bit annoyed at his friend. Key was on the few people Mir trusted and the two often spoke. Mir had helped Key out during his rough patch with Jonghyun and Key reminded Mir that he was worth a lot then he believed.

Key sighed and pulled his friend into a hug "I am sorry Mireu hyung but I am worried about you. What was Joon doing saying things like that and messing with you like that?" Mir sighed into Key's shoulder "I don't know what to do Kibum- ah. Both Seungho and Joon 'want' me but I don't know if their feelings are sincere. Seungho used to be but now it is just a competition." He moved away from Key and walked over to his window. Resting his head on the cold glass, he looked out at Seoul. 

"I am not a prize Key. I just want some one to love me for me. Aish what do I do?"

Key put his hand on Mir's shoulder. "Perhaps you need to talk to them. Sit them down and talk to them. Set down the rules and tell them how you feel. A wise person once said to me 'Sometimes the ones we love become blinded by ambition and hurt us without knowing it. But it is up to you to remind them of what you mean to them and that you are something precious that can't be replaced'"

Mir raised an eyebrow and looked at his friend. "I said that?"

Key just smirked "Well then stop been such a pabo and take your own advice. But Mir perhaps you should choose who you want first. I know that you still have feelings for Joon but the qustion is who can you see yourself been happy with."

Mir looked back out the window, honestly to that question he had no idea anymore.

 

 


Hey here is the update. Sorry it is taking so long. I so desperately want Mir to be happy but it seems neither of his hyungs quite appreciate him like they should. So they will have to stop playing silly games and start winning Mir's heart.

OOOOO who will he choose... Seungho or Joon???? DU-DUM-DER-DERRR (the sound in old movies for anticipation...no, okay then)

Thanks once again to all my readers and please comment who you think he should end up with.