A seemingly hopeless situation

Realising a little to late that I love you

 

Sunhee slid into the booth in the corner of the quiet little cafe. She went to remove her sunglasses but remembered that she was supposed to be incognito. Lacing her hands together she turned her attention to the front door and awaited Seungho. She was a little worried about what the meeting would entail. 

"Excuse me miss would you like me to get you something to drink."

Sunhee jumped at the voice that appeared by her side. She looked up at the young waitress.

"Oh um yes please. A cafe latte please."

The waitress nodded and headed off towards the kitchen. At that moment the bell above the door chimed signaling the entrance of new customers. Sunhee ce again to look at the door and her heart seemed to drop into her stomach. Three men had entered, to anyone else they just seemed like ordinarily guys but Sunhee had spent enough time with idols to recognise the unintentional tilt of their heads, the model like walk and their flawless bodies.

Each were cleverly disguised with a cap and sunglasses but Sunhee could easily recognise them.

Seungho took the seat opposite her while G.O and Thunder sat on either side of him. The tense situation reminded Sunhee of the mobster movies her dad loved and she would have laughed at the thought but the way that Seungho's shoulder's sat and the way that his eyes hardened at the sight of her made any thought of laughter shrivel and die.

The four sat in silence for a few minutes as the seized one another up finally Seungho spoke.

"Listen first of all I want you to know that you may have ruined all our careers at the very least Mir's. He has been asked to leave unless the public can forgive his and Joon's actions by the end of the week."

Sunhee's eyes widened and she stumbled over her words as she tried to wrap he head around Seungho's words.

"What? No that isn't fair. I..I just wanted...I just wanted people to accept love no matter the form.

Thunder chuckled dangerously.

"What a great way to do that. Install hidden cameras and bare idols private lives to the world. Well done that was a great idea."

Sunhee cringed and shifted in her seat. Leaning forward she hoped that she could redeem herself.

"I know that it probably wasn't the smartest idea but I just wanted people to understand that been gay is not wrong, we are no different from other people."

G.O raised an eyebrow.

"Wait your a lesbian?"

Sunhee blushed.

"Not quite. My fiance Yoon Jae, he is a transgender. We met in college back when he was a girl called Yoon Ji and we instantly became the closest of friends. We were so close and one day she told me that she had always wanted to be a man. I told her that I would support her so we moved to Canada and she began the change. The more I spent with her the more I began to fall in love. It was a confusing time. Yoo Ji and I returned to Korea. She was half way though her transformation when her parents found out. They immediately disowned her. It broke her heart. It was around that time that I realized that I loved her or him, it didn't matter anymore to me. I had fallen in love with the person not the gender. Last year Yoon Ji fully became Yoon Jae and I am still in love but people don't understand us. They say we are disgusting, wrong and that we should be punished."

She stopped to wipe away the tears that had began to form.

"Sorry. Anyway, when I got a job at the network I saw my chance to slowly change people's mind and it all seemed to be going well up until two months ago."

Sunhee let out a heart wrenching sob and she felt a warm hand rub her back soothingly. She looked up under her eyelashes and smiled at G.O.

"What happened two months ago?" asked Seungho, the steel in his voice gone.

"We started to plan our wedding and naturally with us both been Christian we wanted to get married in a church but the priest found out the Yoon Jae used to be a women and told us that we were not allowed to be married because legally he was still a women. My parents found out and they cut all ties from me. I was distraught and I admit I pushed things to far. I just wanted people to be more accepting so I came up with the idea for the same couple on WGM. I am so sorry. I should never have aired that footage."

Seungho sighed. He had never expected such an explanation from the writer. He had thought that he would threatened her with a lawsuit perhaps with an attack of the fangirls but now he felt ashamed. She had only trying to help out couples like her and her fiance or Joon and Mir. He glanced over at G.O who was comforting the crying writer and he realized that he too fell into the category of people who she was trying to help.

"Listen Sunhee. What's done is done but we can fix this and perhaps in the procession may one giant leap for acceptance."

Sunhee shrugged.

"Okay what do you have in mind."

Seungho's phone suddenly rang. He looked over at Thunder so tht he explain the plan.

"Well you see we need people on our side. Now we know that we have lost a lot of fans but there are still many who support us both here and internationally. If we are able to rally our fans together then we may have a fighting chance. Once we have our fans on board they will begin doing what they do best, which is of course make a helluva lot of noise. They will put pressure on the sponsors from one side. Then we will hold a press conference where we will answer questons and hopefully with your help we can get the media on our side. Perhaps get to them to crown Mir and Joon as the a truly courageous couple or something along those lines."

Sunhee smiled. Her mood was lifting and for the first time in a while she had hope.

A voice suddenly came over her shoudlder.

"Well Cheondoong oppa if you need the fans to help you then you should definitely start with the JoonMir shippers. They are super happy at the moment and are defending their OTP to the death."

The group turned their attention to the waitress who set down the mug in front of Sunhee. She smiled shyly.

"Trust me JoonMir shippers can be a VERY persuasive bunch."

Thunder grinned.

"That's a great idea but how are we going to find these JoonMir shippers?

The waitress's sweet smile turned into one that was positively devilish

"Don't you already found one. You can leave this all up to me!"

 

Key let out a barking laugh.

"Okay now I know you are crazy. You are asking for a mass coming out. OF IDOLS. Now sweety as much as I would love to tell the world that Jonghyun and I are a couple that would be career suicide."

Joon rubbed an angry hand acroos his face.

Heechul stood from where he had been perched on the edge of Mir's bed.

"Well if it any consalation. I'm in! I am tired of not been able to be with Hangeng just because some people feel it is there right to judge me. Also I am sure that Donghae and Eunhyuk will be happy to come out, pehaps we can get Leeteuk and Kangin on board too."

Key looked over at Heechul as if he had grown another head.

"Heechul Hyung are you insane. You would all be kicked out of Super Junior."

Heechul laughed.

"Sweety look who you are talking too. People cower in fear at the mention of my name."

Key shrugged.

"Well I don't mind it's just I don't really want to drag Jjong into this."

Joon sighed. 

"Listen if the gay idols come out with their groups supporting them there is no way that there will be too much backlash. I mean they would literally have to disband almost every gtoup if that was the case."

Key looked over at Heechul who smiled.

"Alright Joon. I will start contactin the others and I will see how many we have. Also I will try to get them to talk to their fans perhaps they can start sending out postive messages you and Mirea."

Joon smiled.

"Thank you so much Kibum. This will help a lot."

Key smiled sweetly.

"Yes well I am doing this for Mir. I still don't trust you and if you ever hurt Mir, I will cut of something very important to you."

Joon's eyes widened and he nodded.

"I promise I won't hurt him. I love him!"

"Good. Now you better phone that leader of yours and tell them the good news.

 

Mir closed the fridge and sighed loudly hoping that his sister in the other room would hear, apparently she hadn't. He pulled a face and begrudgingly walked over to the door and let out another, exxagerated sigh. His sister's head peeked out from around the door frame.

"What's wrong Yoongie-poo?"

Mir rolled his eyes at the sound of the silly nickname from his childhood. 

"I'm hungry!"

Sister sighed.

"Well there is loads of food in the fridge."

Mir gave a small pout.

"That is not food those are ingredients. I want food, you know something that that I can stick in the microwave and takes about two minutes to cook."

His sister sighed and shook her head before walking into the kitchen. She opened one of the cupboard and took out a packet of ramen.

"Here I am sure that you know how to..."

She stopped and was silent for a moment.

"On second thought, I will make it for you. I don't want you to blow up my beautiful kitchen."

She poured some water into a bowl and started to carefully add the ingredients.

"Mom called this morning. She is very worried about you. She wants you to call her."

Mir looked down at the floor pretending that he hadn't heard his eldest sister. 

"Mirea don't pretend that you didn't hear me. You need to call mom. She has been threatening to cut short her and dad's anniversary  cruise. She wants to be here to comfort you."

Mir frowned.

"I don' want to talk to her. I don't want to hear the disappointment in her voice. She had to find out I was gay on national TV and I certainly don't want to know what dad thinks. "

His sister smiled guiltly.

"Eh Mirea, I don't think you have to worry about that too much. We have known for years that you liked guys. In fact we had an bet on when you would come out to us. Mom won well kinda."

Mir looked shocked. His sister raised an eyebrow.

"Oh come on didn't you ever wonder why dad kept asking whether you had something to tell us everyday when you were eighteen or why Eun-ah took you to that gay bar for your twentieth birthday."

Mir's eyes widened. He couldn't believe it yet it all made sense. He shook his head.

"Fine I will call mom. But seriously, you guys are unbelievable, I am the only normal one."

He walked out of the room smiling at the sound of his sister's crazy laughter.

 

 Seungho slipped the phone back into his pocket. His face split into a wide grin, he hurried back to the table and took his seat effectively cutting of any conversation that was going on.

"You guys won't believe it but Joon just called. He was able to talk Key and Heechul to support us. Apparently there is going to be some sort of mass coming out. He said he is going to get the other idols to support them. This is going to be great."

G.O smiled at the happiness on Seungho's face. The leader had a glint of hope in his eye that made G.O's heart beat just a little faster even Thunder was grinning. He just hoped that the plan would work because if it didn't work out then the group wouldn't just be broken but each of their hearts would be too.

 

Key walked back into Mir's room a devious smile on his face.

"Alright so I have gotten a couple of guys on board, a few girls and most of the groups are willing to stand up and support you guys."

Joon smiled.

"Which guys are going to come out."

Key smiled and sat down on the bed. He pulled out a folded up piece of paper. He unfolded it and shook it a little. Joon saw that the whole paper had been covered in black ink. The names of those that would help.

"Well where shall I start."

 

 


Hey hope you enjoy this chapter. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about this story. Thanks for reading.