Taking the fall

Realising a little to late that I love you

Dong Won, the CEO of JTUNE and Mir's brother in law once again let out a sigh, one that spoke of worry and hopelessness. He sat opposite  MBLAQ's maknae and yet couldn't bring himself to look at the youngster since Mir had entered into his study.

Dong Won was angry at the situation and more than a little worried. Truth be told he really liked Mir, he saw the young boy more as a brother than an in law.

Just as he had he garnered enough courage to speak to the youngster his study door opened revealing his wife and MBLAQ's manager Byungki. His wife beckoned him over.

"Yeobo, Byungki needs to talk to you."

Dong Won nodded and got up from his seat. As he passed his wife he saw the worried glance she sent her brother's way. He gave her a small kiss on the cheek and whispered in her ear.

"Talk to him for a bit. I have a feeling that he needs his big sister right now."

She nodded sadly and closed the door behind her husband. She walked over to Mir taking in his appearance. She was his big sister, she had changed his diapers, she had taught him how to milk a cow, how to ride a bike hell she had been the one to teach him to swear. She had always felt a bit of jealousy that her younger siblings were famous and she was not but right now she knew that her baby brother needed her.

She placed her hand lightly on his shoulder. The slight touch broke the maknae's defenses, he jumped to his feet and pulled his sister into a hug that he desperately needed. She held him tightly against her shoulder as he broke down, his silent tears soaking into her shirt.

 

Byungki flinched back as Dong Won growled in frustration. The news that he had brought Dong Won was not good for any of them. People didn't believe that the people kissing in the video were anyone but Joon and Mir. The public were in an uproar. SOme were calling it a huge step forward for gay rights in korea while others were calling for the dismissal of both boys over their "disgusting" act.

Byungki looked down at the pile of paper in his hands.

"Well a few of our sponsors have pulled away but JYP say they will continue to back us. Both MBLAQ and Two X have been pulled from all activities for safety reasons although we have had almost 22 offers for Joon and Mir to appear of various shows for interviews. International sales have almost tripled but our domestic has drastically dropped. The fans seem okay with their relationship, hell some of them are even ecstatic."

Dong Won rested his head against the wall.

"That is all well and good but what about the things that truly matter."

Byungki grimaced.

"The censorship board is threatening to sue both us and WGM. We have received numerous death threats from religious organsations claiming it to be immoral and that the boys are targets. The other entertainment groups are in a frenzy as the media is going on a witch hunt to find other Homoual relationships in the groups. And then their is this."

He handed over an official looking letter. Dong Won couldn't look at it. He knew what it was, a letter from the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism.

Byungki noticed the CEO's aversion to the letter and so in a soft, sad voice decided to sum the letter up.

"It says we have one week to fix the situation and calm the media storm surrounding it otherwise JTUNE will be shut down and groups under our management disbanded. If we don't fix the problem then they will ask Mir and Joon to leave the country."

Dong Won's eyes grew large at this.

"They can't ask them to leave. That is illegal!"

Apparently not. They have said that they will give them the option to leave for their own protection. We have to fix this sir but I don't know how."

The CEO closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Byungki would the problem go away if one of the boys left the group?"

The managers eyes widened at the realization of what Dong Won meant.

"Well yes it would as would be removing one of the catalysts. But sir you can't be surely thinking of doing that are you?"

Dong Won straightened himself out and flicked his hand in a dismissive gesture before he pulled the door to his study open. He politely asked his wife to leave the room so that he could talk to Mir.

  

Sitting back into his chair he tired in vain to ignore tear stained face across from him. He had to remind himself that right now he had to act like the kid's boss.

"Cheolyong I need you to know that I am not angry with you or Joon, instead I am angry with the show's producers. They should have protected your rights not only as an idol but as a human being. The company and I have done everything that we can to fix the situation but we are running out of time"

He told the young rapper about the conversation he had had just moments ago with the manager. His voice held a certain amount of pain as he told Mir about the governments letter to them.

"Mirea we have been given a week to fix this and trust me we will spend every waking minute to sorting this out but Mir you have to understand that careers and lives have been ruined by scandal no where near this bad. If push comes to shove I need to know if you are willing to sacrifice yourself."

Mir looked into Dong Won's eyes his face filled with confusion.

"What do you mean hyung?"

"I mean that if in a week we have not been able to fix the problem would you be willingly to quit the group. By doing so you would save everyone else, me, Byungki, your group, Joon!"

At the sound of Joon's name the maknae's protest died on his lips. Everyone knew that Mir would always put MBLAQ and the other members needs before his own. After a few silent minutes Mir nodded.

"If I can protect the others then I will gladly leave the group."

 

Joon paced back and forth in his room trying to get rid of the feeling of uselessness that had taken root in his stomach. He had always loved been an idol, having thousands of fans scream whenever he appeared but right now he hated everything about it. he hated the fact that his life was controlled, that he could not love Mir without been ridiculed and scrutinized. 

He was so lost in his angry thoughts that he didn't even realised that his door had opened and that Seungho had walked in. 

"Joonie can I please talk to you?" the leader's voice sounded cold as he closed the door behind him

Joon stopped his pacing and turned towards the leader.

"Oh stuff off Seungho. I have no intentions of talking to the likes of you."

Seungho narrowed his eyes at Joon's sharp words. He had come in here to call a truce between the two of them but something about Joon's attitude made him want to punch the boy. 

"The likes of me? At least I didn't get caught on camera making out with the maknae. You know what Changsun I am sick to death of your attitude. You waltz into this dorm like you own the place and then you treat everyone like crap."  

Joon let out a laugh laced with venom.

"I treat everyone like crap. don't be such a hypocrite hyung. You have supposed feelings for Mir and yet the minute he needs you the most then you throw him under the bus and don't even get me started on how you have treated Byunghee lately. Oh yeah I know that he likes you and I know that you have been avoiding him like the plague."

Seungho was a little shocked that Joon knew about the situation with G.O but then again the guy had probably needed some one to talk to and Joon had probably seemed the best option.

"Now you listen here Lee Joon..."

"No" Joon said cutting him off "It is time for you to listen leader-sshi, our group is falling apart at the seams and Mir has been taken away from us. I don't even particularly care about my career anymore. I hate fighting with you, I hate the way that none of us seem close anymore and I hate the fact that I am only just now noticing that I am in love with Mir and it may be to late."

Seungho was slightly taken aback by the sincerity in Joon's voice when he had said that he loved Mir.

"Why is it too late?"

Joon laughed sadly.

"Hyung we have been in this business long enough to know what happens to a group when a scandal such as this hits them. If the group isn't disbanded then one of us is surely going to have to leave and I have a small feeling that it will be Mir they ask to leave."

There was silence in the room as both boys tried to come to terms with what they were thinking and feeling. Seungho realized that he wanted Mir and Joon to be happy...together. He stepped forward and squeezed Joon's bicep in a comforting gesture.

"No this group is not breaking up and no one is going to leave. I have a plan but I need yur help."

Joon stared blankly as Seungho before a smile spread across his face.

"What do you have in mind?"

The door to the bedroom swung open as Thunder and G.O stumbled into the room. They didn't even look guitly for eavesdropping. Thunder grinned.

"Whatever your plan Seungho hyung you can count of me." 

"And me." said G.O as his eyes meet with the leaders.

The leader held his gaze for a while before he sent a flirtatious wink in G.O's direction.

"Alright first things first. Lets show the world what happens when they mess with MBLAQ. Thunder get me the WGM writer's number. I have something to say to her."

 


Hey sorry for the short chapter I am kind of stuck with this story at the moment as it has veered away from how I had originally planned it. Stupid plot bunnies. I hope you are enjoying it anyway and are not to disappointed in the direction it has taken. 

Thank you for reading!!!

P.S Mir is so y in Smoky Girl (Gif from hellhathfury on tumblr)