The first date

Realising a little to late that I love you

 

Joon couldn't stop grinning. He had phoned up MBLAQ's manager and had asked him to call the producers of WGM. He had smoothly coerced the producers into believing that the shows ratings would be through the roof if the had MBLAQ's biggest ship Joonmir in it. The fangirls would go crazy for it and he had told MBLAQ's manager that it would boost the groups popularity tenfold. 

They had eventually agreed and Joon'd had to contain himself so that they didn't grow suspicious. He couldn't believe is luck, he was going to appear on WGM with Mir without Seungho, G.O or Thunder to get in his way. His plan was simple: show Mir that he could be a great boyfriend, then get Mir to actually date him and be then be the best boyfriend. He was so excited that he had been unable to sleep instead he spent most of the time on the internet looking up pictures and video clips of him and Mir with a huge grin on his face. He couldn't what a he had been to the maknae, he found a playlist of Youtube and watched through the videos.

He wanted to kick himself, the way that Mir had once looked at him with such love was amazing and yet now he couldn't even be in the same room without the usually overactive maknae becoming quiet and reserved. He came across a clip of him and Mir on Double Talk as he watched he felt his heart drop and actually could feel tears forming in his eyes as he watched the hurt grow in Mir's eyes the more Joon's nonchalant attitude and how he had called the maknae a mere colleague. He ran his hands over his face while mentally scolding the Joon on the screen.

He had thought over it every night since his feelings for the maknae and began to realize that he had always been attracted to the young man but had built up a wall between the two so as to avoid any situations occurring. He had treated the maknae so badly that is had become normal for him to do so but he vowed to make it up to the boy. 

He bit his lip wondering how he could start making it up to Mir for been such an idiot. Suddenly a wonderful idea popped into his head "WAFFLES" he giggled to himself while looking for a recipe online.

 

That morning he had gotten up really early and had run out to the store to grab the ingredients that he needed, he was glad that there were very few people around as he had run out without any disguise with bloodshot eyes that spoke of his late night browsing the internet. He rushed home and began to bake, the first five tries where an absolute fail but he finally was onto something by the sixth time. This was about the time that Thunder walked in, the younger boy stopped, his jaw dropping to the floor. 

"Morning Cheondoongie" Joon sang while he place a perfectly mad waffle on the growing pile of delicious waffles. Thunder just stared at Joon like the older man had grown another head. Joon clapped his hands together "Perfect, now to wake my beautiful future husband" he said as he skipped past the terrified looking Thunder on the way to Mir's room. G.O came out his room with his eyes still closed and walked straight into Thunder.

"Yah pabo what the heck are you doing just standing there...and why are there a huge pile of waffles in the kitchen."

Thunder stammered "Jo..Joonie hyung... he was...cooking"

G.O's eyes flew open "What Thunder are you sure. Maybe you were dreaming or hallucinating because Joon never ever ever cooks! EVER"

 

Joon burst into Mir's room and jumped on the maknae who let out a small whine. Joon grinned at how adorable Mir looked that morning even with him trying to wriggle out from under Joon. "Hyung are you feeling okay, you are just acting odd well more odd than usual." Joon could feel a small blush blossoming on his cheeks so instead he just shrugged and smiled what he hoped was a mysterious smile.

"Oh no reason Mir, I am just in love with an amazing guy." He felt his heart leap as he had practically just confessed to Mir that he loved him but Mir's face didn't show any recognition of the fact so he jumped of the squirming maknae and ran to the door "Oh and get your y up breakfast is ready, I made waffles."

He closed the door behind him and took a deep breath before letting out an excited squeak and sighed happily to the kitchen not even stopping as he skipped past Seungho who seemed to be talking to himself under his breath. He had to get things ready for the best breakfast that Mir would even had.

 

Seungho ignored the happy looking Joon and he planned on what to say to Mir when he saw him. He had gone out that night to track down the watch that he knew Mir had desperately wanted since he saw it in an advertisement on TV. Mir didn't really like jewelry but he had fallen in love with the stylish and manly looking watch. 

He was quite shocked when a distracted looking Mir walked straight into him who started to apologies but Seungho had suddenly lost his nerve so instead he his hand with the watch straight into Mir's face, he couldn't look the maknae in the eyes so instead looked down.

He then tried to say the speech he had prepared in his head but he was certain that he had just made a fool of himself. But he was shocked as Mir gave him a tight hug. "Oh hyung thank you so much. It is beautiful." He held onto the younger not wanting to let go but Joon's annoying voice broke the moment and Mir ran off but not before Mir gave him his infamous naughty grin that made Seungho grin back. The maknae would always choose food so Seungho wasn't bothered that the youngster had run off so easily. He walked off happy that at least Mir didn't hate him anymore.

 

Joon rested his head on his hands as he watched Mir wolf down the waffles. Even with his cheeks huge with food the maknae looked adorable and enduringly y. The maknae tried to talk "Why did you do this hyung. You never cook."

Joon recognized this as the perfect opportunity to tell Mir so he smiled at the confused looking maknae. "Well Mir seeing as though I am going to be your husband, I thought that I better start looking after you."

Mir's eyes widened before he spat out his waffles in a comical way "WAIT.WHAT"

Joon suddenly felt shy "Well yesterday you said that you would prefer one of us to do WGM with you so I thought I would do it because I want us to become closer and I want to be able to show you that I am sincere in my feelings for you."

He swallowed and looked at Mir, his hands were shaking showing just how nervous he was. "Mir I have been so horrible to you and I see that now. I always had feelings for you but I pushed them down and tried to fight the feelings and by doing so I became cold hearted but these past few weeks you triggered something in me and I realize now how stupid and arrogant I was. Bang Cheolyong I am absolutely and crazily in love with you.'

He looked down and closed his eyes unable to believe that he had just confessed his feelings to the maknae who was only just beginning to talk to him again.

"Oh, So you thought that just because you suddenly start having feelings for me that I would magically agree to do WGM with you?"

Joon looked up, his face obviously showing the hurt that he was feeling. His felt like he had been punched in the chest. He looked away not wanting to show Mir any more emotion.

"Geesh I am not that easy you know, I mean how can I marry you if we haven't even had a first date yet,"

Joon turned back to the maknae in shock. Mir was smiling with one raised eyebrow waiting for Joon to catch onto what he meant.

"Oh Ooooh right, a date of course... Well go get dressed and I will take you somewhere."

Mir gave him a " please" which made Joon mentally slap himself. "I mean Mir would please accompany me on a date where I will attempt to woo you and em..."

Mir got up giggling and walked over to Joon. "Alright Casanova that will do." He placed a light kiss on Joon's forehead before leaving to get dressed, humming to himself. Joon sat there with his mouth wide open, suddenly he jumped up and fist bumped the air "Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh oh , oh yeah I'm felling good, I'm going on a date with a super hot guy Oh yeah.'

 

The two caught a taxi not wanting to ask their manager to take them on a date, the poor man had already been through a lot lately. They sat in the back talking about Mir's drama which was a roaring success. Joon watched happily as Mir spoke animatedly about the crazy fans that had broken into his trailer one day and had stolen his underwear. Joon was so fascinated by the maknae that he failed to realize that they had arrived at their destination.

"Why are we at Itaewon? Isn't this where all the foreign people live"  asked Mir in a small voice worried about the amount of English they would have to speak here 

Joon smiled "Well there is this awesome pizza restaurant here and then I want to take you to this awesome shop. Don't worry most of the people here speak perfect Korean."

They climbed out of the taxi after Joon had paid the driver. Joon intertwined his fingers with Mir's but the maknae withdrew his hand while looking around in worry that some one would think something of it. Joon just smiled and grabbed Mir's clammy hand again "Don't worry people here will just think we are those touchy-feely Koreans and surprisingly the fans here are a lot more placid so they won't say anything." They started walking down the street which Joon seemed to expertly weave.

"So I am guessing you come here often?"

 Joon cringed "Yeah sometimes when I just want to get away from everything I sneak down here and hang out with some English guys who own the pub down the road, they are really funny, I will take you there to meet them later on."

Mir nodded because he too would sneak out when things got to much which was almost every week. He would go down to this park by the Han river where he would sit on the swing and come up with cool raps while imaging himself to be cooler, more popular, better looking and braver, just a better person than he was. He was surprised that Joon had brought him to his getaway, the older boy was always so closed off from him that he saw this as a huge confession of Joon's feelings for Mir.

The day panned out nicely. They had eaten at the restaurant for lunch, Mir had some sauce on the side of his lip and Joon had leaned over and wiped it off. Mir had been shocked and had looked around. A few patrons had looked over mainly because they recognized them as celebrities but most couldn't have cared less. With that new found knowledge Mir had shown a little bit of boldness and had rested his foot against Joon's and had slowly began to rub it up and down Joon's calf, going no higher because he only wanted to see Joon's reaction. 

At first Joon had been surprised at the maknae's boldness but it had been a pleasant surprise. He had merely raised his eyebrows at the youngest who had returned a naughty smile. Joon felt a blush blossom across his cheeks,he couldn't deny how attracted he was to Mir and how much he wanted the rapper. Mir looked incredibly y in the dim light of the restaurant and his eyes seemed to sparkle.

Joon broke the moment by asking for the bill afraid that if he stayed in that situation just a moment longer then the other patrons would have witnessed something  quite rude.

He grabbed the maknae's hand as they walked down the street. The afternoon had turned chilly so Joon put his arm around Mir and pulled him closer. Mir just rolled his eyes and scolded himself for feeling so happy at Joon's actions.

"OH MY GOD JOON AND MIR OPPA, I LOVE YOU" the two stopped and swiftly turned their heads. A large group of school girls had just spotted them and were slowly advancing forwards.

The two boys swung their heads back to look at each other, the usual dreaded feeling swirling whenever the saw a crowd of crazy fangirls. 

"Ready... Run!!!!" 

The two ran as fast as they could down the street laughing as they did so, their hands still tightly intertwined. Joon pulled Mir to the left and pulled him through a pair of heavy set doors, they stared outside the window as the group of girls ran past. At the sight of the girl's retreating backs Mir and Joon had a small celebration and ended it with a very affectionate hug.

The sound of some one clearing their throat came from behind them and they slowly turned to find a room full of people who only moments ago had been happily drinking their beer. The man who had cleared his throat was a balding, heavy set man who looked like a stereotypical Englishman. 

"Joonie me' boy, what brings you here?"

 


Hello lovely readers. So I haven't updated in a while but here in an awfully long chapter that will hopefully make it up to you.

And don't you just love the thought of Joon and Mir on a romantic date. (sigh)

Anywho read and enjoy!!!