Chapter 23

Reminiscence

 

“When you said that you wanted to go to another place to live for a while, I didn’t think you would choose a village.” Byunghun seethed as the words spewed out from his lips. Hyuna smacked the male at the back of his head, causing the other to whine momentarily from the action. “It is not a village. It is just slightly undeveloped compared to Seoul. And if you worry so much, then stop. I’ve made sure to rent out the nicest and beautiful apartment there is in this area.” She added.

“You mean like our honeymoon ~” He cooed, smirking uncontrollably at the other, only to be ignored. But as attentive as ever, he swear that he saw a smile being formed. The small but caught gesture made Byunghun smile wider. ‘This trip would probably be interesting and fun. And away from those freaky reporters.’Byunghun though out, shivering at the thoughts of his.

“There we are. See, it is nice isn’t it? Sadly it isn’t for sale and the mayor in this area only allows renting out the apartment to tourist.” Hyuna says slightly dejectedly. “Anyways, let’s bring in the luggage. We don’t have the whole day.” She added, quickly unlocking the apartment and pushing in their stuffs. Byunghun wraps his arms around his fiancée out of the sudden. “Why ~? We could have a little fun first you know…” He whines slightly.

“No Byunghun. The kid is coming later.”

“Move the appointment to tomorrow.”

“No can do. Now go unpack.” Hyuna commanded as she took out her require materials in preparation. Byunghun grumbles slightly at the rejection, but heed the command nonetheless. “All she thinks is work and work and work…” He muttered softly, ensuring that those words are strictly for his one ears only.

Having completed unpacking their stuffs, Byunghun left the apartment to take a walk around. He would be staying here for the next few months, hence Byunghun thought that it might be actually good to walk around and get familiar with his surroundings. But having lived so long in a posh establishment, he would need a little more endurance and work in getting used to a now rural area.

He felt as he is out of contact with the city and such. If it isn’t for the idea of getting out of his dark limelight that haunts him, Byunghun wouldn’t have come here at the first place. He sighs silently to himself and is about to walk away when he heard a strange sound echoing from somewhere.

When he concentrated on the sound, he deduced it as a cry – something that of a child’s cries. He panic a little bit and blinked multiple times to himself. ‘This place… isn’t haunted isn’t it?’ he reassures himself, but failed as the cries continued to echo. “Just ignore Byunghun. Just walk away…” He tells himself and started to walk away when the cries got louder.

Byunghun paused his movements and focus his attention on the cries once more. Maybe he had watched too much movies and shows but the cries seemed… realistic.

Mustering his courage, he followed towards the origin of the sound and prayed hopefully is someone but not something. Sure enough, the one who cried is all well and alive, if not just feeling sad. The cries belonged to a small boy, who simply squatted at one corner with no one else near him.

“Hey little boy, what’s wrong?” He started to ask. He isn’t one to budge into other people’s problem but in this case, he probably wouldn’t want to let the kid stay alone for long, especially in such quiet areas. “Daddy says I have to go and see the doctor” The boy manages out in between his sobs.

“What’s wrong with the doctor? Are you sick?” He asks, followed by taking a seat on the pavement next to him, with a hand gently rubbing the boy’s back to soothe his cries. “Doctors are scary! They wear weird white clothes and they have this black metal thing that puts on my chest and hears my heart. Daddy says it is nothing, but I know they all wanted to eat my heart!” He explains and cried even louder.

“Doctors don’t eat hearts. They just want to listen to your heartbeat to see if you’re okay.” Byunghun replies softly. “R-Really? They are not evil masterminds like Mojo Jojo?” He asks. Byunghun made a funny face at that answer. “Who’s Mojo Jojo?” Now the boy started to laugh slightly. “How can you not know that? Ajusshi is such a Pabo!”

“Yah you little rascal!” Byunghun yelled out playfully, grabbing the boy and tickle him at the sides non-stop. “S-stop it Ajusshi!” He pleaded in between laughter. “Say you’re sorry.” He ordered with a childish tone. “N-Never!” The boy replied, and his laughter got louder when Byunghun tickled harder. “Ok! I’m sorry ajusshi!” He finally let the words slip from his mouth.

“Ricky! Where are you?”

“Oh, that must be my daddy calling for me. Thank you for comforting me.” Ricky replies with a polite bow, before giving Byunghun a peck on the cheek. Byunghun’s hand instinctively went to his cheek in response of the sensation. “Why did you kiss me?” He asked.

“You seem to need to. You’re so gloomy looking. Daddy says a kiss on the cheek always make people’s day better. So stay happy okay, ajusshi?” Ricky grinned at Byunghun, before running off to his daddy. Byunghun smiled slightly at the gesture. He never knows that just words from a small boy could affect him so much. Byunghun felt glad to have taken this small walk.

Probably things will be must more interesting here. 


A/N

I hope this is a okay chapter >_< And hoping it isn't too short at the same time! 

Sorry for those who waiting for the update, just returned and the updates will resume daily! 

Thanks for the comments, views and subscribes to this fiction! They're like candies to me <3! 

Until tomorrow! And do not hestitate to drop a comment :D *Wink Wink*.