Unexpected

Accidentally In Love

Sunny’s POv

I was still so damn sleepy. I don’t know but I feel so tired. My body hurts like hell. Aish! I think I’m getting old. I am currently lying on jessi’s bed while the two of them kept on bickering softly; okay… softly is an understatement; they were bickering out loud as if I’m not here. Then my phone kept on ringing… AAaaarggggh! Silence please…. I need silence…. I need to sleep… I need to recharge… quiet!!!

I roughly covered my head with a pillow; I need to shut any noise out of my system. I need peace. Where to go? Home! I need to be in my room. I pulled myself up, throw pillows at the still bickering jungs and groggily stood up and look for my shoes.

 “Hey! What are you doing?!” I heard the jungs asked in unison

I turned to look at them with my half open eyes. “What do you think I’m doing?” I asked back as I lifted my sneakers.

“Uh… lifting your shoes?” little jung said in doubt

“Obviously, I am…”

I bent down and put on my shoes. Then I took my phone on the bedside table, which stopped ringing, thank goodness! I jumped three times to wake myself up, that’s effective for me at least a little bit. And then I walked to the door as I said goodbyes and thanks to jessi.

“Sunny!  Where are you going?” asked jessi

“Home… I need some silence…”

“What?”

“You two were bickering loudly with me in the middle trying to sleep, just to inform you…”

“We… ah… we…”

“Yes… you guys were noisy… Anyways, I’ll just sleep at home… on my own bed…”

“Yaaaah!” I heard krystal screamed and she ran pass by me and blocked the door

“What now little jung?” I asked halting in front of her

“I want to ask you something…”

“Huh? Okay… Fire away!”

“Why do you always sleep on unnie’s bed?”

“What?”

“Why do you always sleep on unnie’s bed?”

“You just repeated your question jung…”

“Coz you asked…”

“Huh? *sigh*”

Then jessi ran’s toward us. “What kind of question is that krys?”

“I’m just asking sunny… What’s wrong with that?”

“She’s you’re unnie krys…”

“I want to call her sunny…”

“Sunny-unnie…” corrected jessi

“Hep! Hep! Hep! Stop! The two of you… Silence please… my eardrums need a break… geez! Okay… little jung, regarding you question, where do you want me to sleep? On the floor? I prefer on bed than on floor… why in jessi’s room? Dad and mom shooed me to take a rest in here. Go ask mom and dad why… next time I’ll sleep in your room, on your bed okay? You want that?”

There’s silence… krystal blinked few times, she’s comprehending what I’ve said. Oooh! She really wanted me to sleep on her bed. Aigooo… I’m simply irresistible!

“I’ll assume it’s a yes… gotta go now… excuse me little jung…” I said and squeezed her cheeks

Jessica on the other hand, was stoned to her spot, if you’re asking me why? I don’t know… there’s nothing wrong with what I said, right? Maybe she’s simply zoning out. Anyways, I bid my goodbye to the jungs.

 I headed down and passed by the living where the butler was, he’s talking to one of the servants. He saw and I stopped by to bid my goodbye. Mr. and Mrs. Jung went on a business trip early this morning, he informed.

.

.

.

.

I got in my car, settled myself and was about to start the engine when my phone started ringing again. I answered the call without even looking at the caller id and then started the engine, driving out of the jung mansion.

“Yes?”

“Where are you going?” I heard from the other line

  “Somewhere…”

“What?! Where are you?”

“I’m outside the gate… Now, I’m off the road going home…”

“Huh?!”

“Why did you call jessi?”

“How did you know that it’s…”

“Obviously, through your voice my princess…”

“Hmmp!”

“What now?”

“What do you mean?”

“Jessi? Seriously?”

“What?!”

“Aigoo… Why did you call?”

“Oh… yeah…”

“Yes?”

“Ahmmm… regarding ahm… last night…”

“Aaah… sooyoung? Your first love? What about that?”

I could imagine jessi’s animated face at the mention of her first love’s name… hehehe… I chuckled at what my imagination reached.

“Is there something funny about it?” jessica’s sarcasm pulled me back to my senses

“Huh?”

“What’s so funny? Why are you laughing?”

“Excuse me?”

“Was the story I shared last night so damn funny?”

“Ei?”

“You… I….----“

Then I heard repetitive beeps, I took quick glimpse over my phone. It was already drained that’s why the call cuts off… Okay, I’ll message jessi later when I’m home. I started to step on the gas hard and whoah! The adrenalin rush… I like to drive fast!

.

.

.

.

.

.

---

Loud cheers could be heard inside the school’s stadium. There were pissed of face, looking worried, happy, excited, emotions were all over the place. You could hear boo’s and yeah when someone was knockdown by another. The yelling of the people on the sidelines, the buzzing, the whistles… it all made the stadium a chaos of noises!

“Hey! Yuri, hands up… don’t put your guard down…”

“Yaaah! Run! You guys run! Hyomin!!! She’s running over you!!!”

“Defense! Defense! Defense!”

“Waaaaaaa! Look at the score! We are down by 30 points!!!!!”

A person kept on shouting on the sidelines. She faced palm at the end of the third quarter.

.

.

.

.

.

Meanwhile the girls were on the bench watching the game.

“This game is…”

“This game is what yoona?” seohyun asked

“This game? Is frustrating…”

“They’re doing their best…”

“I know… but the other team is just too good for them…”

“The players are already seniors… and our team is letting the freshmen and sophomores play.”

“Aish! Seo!”

“Yuri is doing her best… each of them is doing their best…”

“I know… the coach should let the best players show up…”

“They played before coach let the new ones enter the court.”

“The coach need to use the best players… look at the score… we are down by 30… 30 big points…”

“We still have one quarter… so relax… let’s just cheer for yuri and the team. We still get one quarter to lessen that 30 points or tie it down…”

“I hope so…” yoona mumbled and right from the moment the buzzing as a sign to start the last quarter, she remembered sunny. “Sunny… where is she?” she thought

“Seo?”

“Hmmm?”

“Sunny’s part of the basketball team right?”

“Yes…”

“Where is she?”

“Huh?”

“Sunny’s not playing?”

“Ooh… Why isn’t she playing?”

“Eh? You’re answering my question with a question…”

“Did I?”

“Yes you did…”

“I’m sorry… I am…. I… where could sunny be? Hmmm… let me call her…” seohyun took her phone from her bag and before she could unlocked it… yoona asked her again

“Where is tiffany now?”

“She’s just… here….. huh? Where is she?” seohyun answered a question with a question again…

“That’s why I’m asking you… Why are you asking me again?”

“I’m sorry… I didn’t notice that she’s not by my side….”

“Hmmm… where could she probably go?” yoona uttered softly

The two of them where in deep thought when someone shouted at the back which made them startled. Yoona suddenly snapped out of it and yelled back to whoever it was.

 

“Yaaaaaaaaah!”

“What’s wrong with you?!!!!!”

“Ooopz! Sorry… hehehe… got carried away because the other team gave a hard foul…” kwanghee explained as he scratches his head

 

Kwanghee’s group was on the upper bench from yoona and seohyun’s spot. The group didn’t intend to eavesdrop but the conversation was a little bit loud and interesting that they couldn’t help themselves to listen.

“I agree with yoona… coach should let the best players show up…” siwan voiced out

“Seconded here, the captain is not having lots of playing time… what’s wrong with her?” added hyungsik

“I think the captain must be not feeling well… that’s why she only had a little playing time.” suhnwa reasoned

“What about the others? Captain is not only the best player of our team.”

“Just you wait okay… coach will let the veterans play the game in a while…”

“In a while? Look at the score!” hyungsik pointed at the scoreboard “It’s… huh?! 35?!!! We are down by 35 only in less than three minutes lapse! Goodness!”

“Coach should let our best five players play! It’s a shame if the game ended with 35 score difference!”

“She already did that in the first two quarters; however, they didn’t even close the gap by 10.”

“Geez! They are the second best team last basketball cup, and we, our team on the sixth…”

“So what if we’re on the sixth? It doesn’t mean we couldn’t win over them…”

Kwanghee messed his in hair in frustration from the game and from the distractions he’s been hearing from his friends. He turned and glared at them.

“Can’t you see I’m watching here? You guys are so noisy! Goodness!”

“Yah! look who’s talking… you’ve been cursing here and there… at least we are chill here… you, however is scandalous.” Sunhwa retorted nonchalantly

“Aish! you….”

“Talk to my hand…” sunhwa said not daring to look at him

“Huh? You… you… you…”

“Ssssssssssshhhh!” hushed by siwan and hyungsik

“ppppfffffttttt! Hmmmp! I’m going to get to you guys… just wait…” he mumbled before turning to watch the game again.

.

.

.

“Time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” the coach screamed at the sideline and there goes the buzzer.

.

.

.

---

“Ooh… it’s you again Miss…”

“Good Afternoon ahjumma…. Is sunny in here?”

“Yes, she’s sleeping…”

“Is Mr. and Mrs. Lee in here too?”

“They’re out to attend a business conference…”

“Oh… can I talk to sunny?”

“If you’re going to wake her up… you can talk to her…”

“Of course… hehehe”

“Miss Sunny informed us not to disturb her sleep though.”

“It’s fine… I can disturb her…”

“Okay Miss… you can directly go to her room…”

“Thank you…”

She ran up to sunny’s room, she halted at the doorstep as she phone rang. She picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Have you found her?”

“Yes unnie…”

“Could you bring her here? We needed her here…”

“Okay unnie… I’ll talk to her…”

“Thanks…”

“Okay unnie…”

“Oh… by the way… we are already down by 18 points…”

“I get it unnie…”

“Good… I’ll see both of you as soon as possible.”

“See you unnie…”

With that the call ended, she took a deep breath before twisting the knob and open the door.

“Ooopz! I forgot to knock…” she thought and closed the door back. She softly knocks, waited for a response but there’s none so she entered the room and headed straight to the bed.

She saw there the girl she’s looking for, totally covered with a blanket, soundly asleep. She saw the girl’s phone on the side table charging and was turned off.

“That’s the reason why we couldn’t reach her… hmmm… now, I need to wake up this baby here…”

She climbed to the bed and was about to shake her but the latter beat her to that… She was pulled down to bed and being locked in arms.

“What do you think you are doing?” she heard her whispers into her ear

“Yah! let go of me… I was just going to wake you up…”

“Uhmmm… wake me up?”

“Yes… now let go of me…”

Instead of obeying, the girl pulled the covers down and tugged her closer.

“What are you doing?”

“Hugging you… I want to sleep more…”

“We don’t have time for you hugging me like this…”

“Why? Your boyfie might get jealous?”

“Aish! How many times should I tell you he’s not my BOYFRIEND?!”

“Uhmmm… let’s sleep tiff…”

“Baby! baby! It should be baby!” tiffany retorted as she shifted position to face sunny

“Baby… baby… baby oh… thought you’d always be mine… mine…” sunny sing a song as a response and wrapped her leg to tiffany

“Yah!”

“Yeah!” sunny teased as she groggily opens her eyes

“Baby…”

“Hmmm? Your boyfie might get jealous if you….”

“Stop it or else…”

“Or else I will …”

“You will what?”

“Dare me not Lee…”

“I dare you Hwang…”

Lee smirked at the serious Hwang, she pulled the latter closer and lean her forehead to the other. She’s still not satisfied with a little gap, she lean a little more making a nose to nose contact. Tiffany didn’t even budge although in the insides butterflies were flying all over the place.

“You will regret this Lee…”

“Let me Hwang…”

The two shared a staring battle until….

.

.

.

“Stop! Stoooooooooop! Please stop it….”

“I told you were going to regret this…”

“Not that much though… I enjoyed it… so do you… hehehe right?”

“Huh?”

“I know… look at it… you on top of me? hehehe…. You could tickle me without settling on top…” sunny teased wiggling her brows

“Yah! ert!” tiffany hit sunny a pillow

“Aaaawww! Hahahahahaha…. Why are you blushing Hwang?”

“Stop it! Fix yourself now… we don’t have time…”

“Where to go?”

“At school… there’s a friendly match between our school and the other school which placed second last basketball cup.”

“Eh? I was not informed…”

“They’ve been contacting you since this morning but you’re unreachable and you’re not home either. Where had you been?”

“Somewhere…”

“Where was that somewhere?”

“Are you going to insists on getting the answer or we will keep on going now?”

“What?”

“You already loving the fact that I’m under you huh?” sunny said and toppled over tiffany “Now I’m on top of you…”

Tiffany was blushing again…

“Someone’s blushing… hahaha… wait… I’ll go change baby…. hehe”

With that sunny jump off the bed and headed to the bathroom avoiding the pillow launched towards here by tiffany…

.

.

.

They two girls arrived on the stadium with only ten minutes left at the last quarter and the team was down by 35 big points.

“Lee! Go and change!” the coach yelled

“Yes coach!”

Sunny run to the dugout and change while tiffany went to the bench where yoona and seohyun were sitting.

.

.

.

----

The phoenix had a platoon substitution, with the seniors and sunny as the shooting guard. The senior guard couldn’t play as she suffered a sprain in the early minutes of the game. Coach wouldn’t risk, as this was a practice game and the start of the official cup is coming.

 Sunny was dribbling the ball, her eyes were busy eyeing a vacant player, and the opponent was having a man to man defense against them. The one guarding her isn’t that bad at all… she started to maneuver the ball, she ran forward, stop, and then cross pass the ball to their captain who got away from her guard and make a successful layup.  She ran back to their court and shouted defense as she saw the opponent was about to go for a fast break.

The opponents guard catches the ball through the baseball pass from one of her teammates, she ran fast on the left wing of the court with sunny on her side, and on the right wing was one of the opponents. The opponent’s guard tried to do a crossover move over to sunny but failed to do so as the latter could read her. She then passed the ball to the running forward as she was being pressured by sunny. It was supposed to be an easy layup for the opposing team but the phoenix’s captain blocked it and secured the rebound. Sunny started to run and made an eye contact with the captain. The captain made a baseball pass and successfully landed on sunny’s hands. She did the crossover move against her guard and succeeded but being blocked by two forwards. Without hesitation she did the pass under one of the forwards leg to her open teammate who did a successful three points shot with a foul as the one of the opposing players tried to block her.

.

.

.

 

Basketball commentators

“In 45 seconds phoenix cut the gap to 30… Wow! This is amazing! That jersey #12 is good… Ladies and gentlemen! Now we are having a battle! Don’t you think so partner?”

“I think this game is going to be the talk of the town… after the platoon substation, they are different. Ooh… they just waited for the final quarter to play their best?”

“You’re saying this is phoenix’s game plan?”

“Yes… and look at the crowd… they’re all alive!!!!!”

“And the free throw was easily been connected… now the lead is just 29 points!”

“Let’s all enjoy the battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Then here comes the booming cheers from the stadium!!!!!!!

.

.

.

---

It was only a minute left for the quarter and they were down only by two points. Sunny didn’t even take a single shot but she’s been fouled hard in the middle of the game. Her right shoulder was in pain from the foul but she didn’t mind it. She won’t showed it either, this game is about to end, thus she will endure it.

On the other hand, the opposing team asked for a timeout.

“Listen girls…” the coach started…

“Girls listen… it’s down to a minute and we only had a two points lead. We underestimated them, but we won’t lose this game! Now listen, they have the possession. We are going to have a man to man defense against them.”

“Coach, number 12 is so fast and has the moves… if we’re going to have a man to man defense, she will pass over me…” the one guarding sunny said

“She didn’t even try shoot…” one of the coaching staff added

“Okay… let’s have a zone defense… they might tried to do a three points shot… since there’s only 35 seconds left in the clock. Girls be quick, move your legs, hands up, try to block them… tight defense girls. We’re not giving them a chance to score… We don’t have any timeouts left and so they are… the game will continue… be smart and quick! We can do this!”

.

.

.

Phoenix Team

“We don’t need a three point shot… but if you feel it and been open do it… win or lose we gave them a fight. I didn’t expect that we’re going this close… it’s already an achievement for us; it’s a sign that we’re going to have a chance for a finals trophy. Play the game girls, there’s only 35 seconds left, they will give us tight defense. Keep passing the ball but be sure not to give them a steal. 14 seconds remaining in our shot block, start to find an open man and score. We don’t have any timeouts and so is the opposing team. This is it kids… play the game… have fun… Phoenix!”

“Phoenix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

.

.

.

The game was played as plan. They kept on passing the ball and in 14 seconds mark, they started to make the play and fine an open man. 8 seconds left and sunny was still protecting the ball against two players. She took two steps backwards and jumps off but instead of taking a shot, she passed the ball inside to the captain and who took a reverse layup.

The crowd went wild as the scored tied at 90 all…

The phoenix was quick to return on their defense… on the last 8 seconds of the game, the ball was on the captain. It’s going to be one on one against the two captains. As the opposing team cleared the court; last five seconds and the captain starts to push her way to the basket, did a fake move and gave a fade away shot, everybody looked at the ball as it bounced out of the ring. However, there was a foul on the act of shooting. The whistle couldn’t be heard as the crowd’s cheers were too loud.

.

.

.

Commentators

“Final score 90-91 in favor of Hawks! Yaaaah… this was a great game…”

“Precisely! This game was not even official but then this was so exciting…”

“We look forward for Phoenix’s games… they are a team to look out…”

“They’re a dark horse in the upcoming cup…”

“Good point partner… oooh… Thrilling cup is coming… will phoenix over crown the dragons in this cup? Let’s find out in the upcoming cup!”

“Thank you joining us in this exciting game! This is bom…”

“And this is bam… see you guys in the cup!”

.

.

.

---

At the phoenix dugout…

“Let’s celebrate for this day… we lose but we learned… my treat… at the angels’ club!” the coach joyfully announced which earned loud cheers from the team…

.

.

“Lee…” the coach called

“yes coach?”

“You did great…”

“Thanks…”

“Are you that skilled in handling the ball?”

“Not that much… maybe it’s just my luck… hehehe…” sunny retorted massaging her shoulders.

“Wow! And you’re so lucky then… be at the celebration…”

“I’ll try…”

“You should be there… you barely socializing with you teammates…”

“Oh… okay… I’ll be there…”

“Good… see yah…”

.

.

.

---

Yuri and Hyomin approached sunny… both of them gave sunny a squeeze on the shoulders. The latter winced when yuri gave her a hard squeeze on her right shoulder.

“You are awesome in court!” yuri exclaimed oblivious that sunny’s in pain

“Yeah! You’re dribbling and passing skills are amazing!” seconded by hyomin

“Thanks guys… hehehe… I’m ahmmm lucky…”

“Eeeh! Don’t be too humble…” the captain hit her right shoulder playfully

Sunny bit her lip to endure the pain and smile as she face the captain.

“You are a monster in the court captain…”

“Am I? Raawr!”

“hahahhahhaahaha….”

.

.

.

Everyone’s happy at the end of the game.

.

.

.

.

.

----

Jessica’s POv

I am here in angels’ club as my childhood friend’s from California arrived. They wanted to party so we’re here… and my sis and her friend are with us too. Where are they now? Down on the dance floor, I was left here all alone, drinking apple martini. They asked me to join them but I refused, not in the mood to move my body, too lazy. I prefer here, in the vip section lounge. It’s comfortable, not too crowded; we do have our own space, separated by an artistic wall. I like it. We were here since 9 after we had our dinner. What time is it now? Almost eleven, it’s been two hours and those girls are already drunk. My eyes searched for krystal as I lean down to the jam-packed club. After few minutes of scanning the place, I found her with sulli at the bar counter talking. Okay, they were still good. Another 30 minutes lapse and still I was alone. How many martini have I drink? I couldn’t count anymore; I don’t know… am I already drunk? I think I’m still fine…

I tried to stand up but my knees failed me… okay, one more time… I pushed myself up couple of times before I succeeded, thank goodness! I was losing my balance a bit but still I could walk; it’s fine. I just needed to go to the roof top garde; I need some silence and fresh air.

While I was walking, someone tugged me. I cursed as I turned to look whoever it was. It was no other than sooyoung. She was in front of me smiling ever so sweet just like before, but memories of the past when she left me came rushing back. I pulled my arm away from her touch which made her frown.

“Hi jess! We meet again…” I heard her say in this noisy place

“What do you want?” I retorted disinterestedly

“Why so cold? You’re not like this before…”

“Everyone changes… just like you…”

“Jess… let me explain…”

“I’m fine now… I’ve moved on… I don’t need your explanation anymore…”

“Please… let’s talk…”

“No…”

“Jess… hear me out…”

“Leave me alone…”

“I want us to talk…”

“We don’t need to talk…”

“Jessica Jung…”

“Shut up! Don’t bother me anymore!” I said and ran away from her, I saw her trying to follow but had a difficulty because of the congested place. Now I’m thankful for the crowd. I entered the elevator and hurriedly closed it as I saw her coming. I leaned with my forehead on one of the side of the elevator and closed my eyes as I waited for the beep signaling that I’ve reached the roof top. Without waiting any longer, I’ve reached the roof top.

I stepped out of the elevator, and enjoy the cool breeze. I looked around and saw no one, okay I’m alone. “Yaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! I’m alone!!!! Hahahaha!” I screamed…

I walked giddily looking for a bench to sit, and then I almost had a heart attack when I saw someone sitting on it with a hoodie covering her face. I stood frozen on my spot with my hands on my chest, trying to control my ever so fast heartbeat. Then I heard her grumbled.

“You are so loud jessi…”

“Huh? You know me?”

“Yeah… how can’t I? With your dohphin scream like that? Pain in my ears…”

“Yaaaaaaaah! How could you… you… you…”

“You what?”

“You…----” I don’t know what to say as feared crept unto me, who is this person who knew me.

“Show me your face!” I demanded to her

“Then what?”

“Then I’ll not beat you…”

I heard giggles coming from the stranger…

“I’m serious…”

“Are you drunk?”

“Who’s drunk? Me? me? me?”

“Yes you… Jessica jung…” the stranger said and pulled down her hoodie and turned to me.

“Su… su… sunny?! What are you doing here?!!!!”

“I’m sleeping before you came and disturb me…”

“Yaaah! I … I didn’t mean to…” I said in between hiccups and sit beside sunny

“Why are you here?”

“My childhood friends arrived and they wanted to go clubbing…”

“Ooh… that’s why you’re drunk now…”

“I’m not… and you?”

“Celebration treat by our basketball coach… yuri is here too… she’s with the other players dancing…”

“And you are here?”

“I wanted some silence, so that I could rest…”

“I’m sorry...”

“Okay…”

I lay back at the bench and looked at the city lights. I closed my eyes and enjoy the peace of the night.

“She’s here…”

“Who?”

“Her…”

“Hmmm… first love?”

“Uhmm…”

“Okay… did you guys talk?”

“I don’t want to talk to her…”

“You run away from her that’s why you’re here in the rooftop?”

“Yes…”

.

.

.

Sunny and I were talking when I saw a figure walking. I think she was looking for something; I stared at her and made my eye open wide as I recognize her. I think she’s on her way here… I don’t want to talk to her. Panic consumed me, without even thinking, I asked sunny for some stupid favor.

“Sunny kiss me…”

“What?!”

“Kiss me!” I roughly mumbled

“Are you crazy? are you demanding me to kiss you?”

“I’m asking you a favor… kiss me now…”

“….”

“Yaaah! Sunny!”

“Why?”

“She’s here! Sooyoung…”

“And?”

“I want to shoo her off… kiss me now… she’s coming…”

“Jessi…”

“Please… I don’t want to talk to her… not now… If she sees us kissing, she will back off…”

“Do you think so?”

“Heck sunny!”

But she caught me off guard when she pulled me closer to her, hold my chin, caressing it with her thumb, I could feel her warmth breathe against my lips, I couldn’t help but to close my eyes as she slowly inched closer and closer…

.

.

.

.

.

---

 

Finally an update! It’s a long one… Sorry for the delay….. hope you enjoyed it... ^_^

 

I didn’t proofread, I just write… too lazy to check on grammatical errors… so please bear with it…

 I’ll correct those errors when this story ends.

 

READERS, SUBSCRIBERS, AND UPVOTERS

 

BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU ^___^ *bows90degrees*

 

And to these pipz who commented and inspired me to update…

 

gwen_stefani, bayerlangga, K_to_da_D, Va_asianloverz, Koihaku, Nezumi21, LoveSoshi999, EvilAegyo139, jaecicca, blank999, geisha_, 2NY-Hyo, and armaineniah09

 

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH…. \\[^_~]V

 

 

 

--- > ENJOY \m\{0_~}/m/

 

PS:Lee-Tan! As promised…