Hectic

Accidentally In Love

----

“Why do you keep on asking where is she? You miss her, do you?”

“What?! Why do I miss her? I’m simply asking you, where she is right now and what she’s doing.”

“Oooh…. Now, you wanted to know what she is doing.”

“No… why do you keep on insisting?”

“I’m not insisting… I’m intuiting a fact here…”

“Huh? Intuiting a fact? Of what?”

“Of you missing her! oh gosh!”

“Unnie! Stop insisting okay?! I don’t miss her! I don’t miss her! I don’t miss heeeer!!!!!”

“Okay… okay… little jung… don’t shout… aish! Defensive! Hmmmppp! Need to go now… see yah later…”

“I don’t miss her!”

“Defensive!”

“Yaaaaaaaah!!!!! Unnieeeeeeeeeeee!”

“Hahahahaha…”

.

.

.

Jessica was laughing as she walked inside the house leaving krystal at the garden shouting defensively.

“Hehehe… she’s so defensive… hmmm… what could the one she’s missing doing right now? hmmm…” she mumbled

Mr. and Mrs. Jung, heard little jung’s loud voice as they were having their cup of tea.

“What’s wrong with our girls now hon?”

“Don’t mind them darling… you know they were always like that… see that girl who was laughing by herself?” Mrs. Jung pointed at jessica

“Oh… they were playing…”

“They were playing… sooyeon must teased soojung again.”

“Teased? About what hon?”

Mrs. Jung simply shrugged as a respond.

“Okay… anyways, is everything ready for tonight?”

“Yes… all set…”

“Good…”

.

.

.

.

.

---

Sunny was attending business meetings here and there. Since when her mom got sick from all the stress at work, she’d been a permanent figure at the office. She will attend the board meetings in behalf of her dad and mom. She will go the business conferences, giving her parents some rest time for themselves. It’s already part of her daily routine. Managing the business while attending school as well as giving time for her extra-curricular activities.

She’s currently closing a deal for their construction company with the management of lotte world who wanted to add kiddie land in their wide range of amenities.

“We could assure you, that every cent will be worthy like every nail needed to build this kiddie land.” Sunny stated firmly and confidently

“Could you finish it in six months?” one of the management team from lotte world asked

“Six months? Depends on the structure of the proposed kiddie land sir.” Retorted sunny

“Are you saying you couldn’t do it within six months?”

“It depends on the proposed structure of the kiddie land sir.”

“It’s still the same right? You couldn’t finish it within six months…”

“Sir, do you already have the proposed structure? Do you know how many buildings? How wide would be the area? Do you know?”

“Yes…”

“May I know? Or see the blueprint sir?”

“We couldn’t Ms. Lee… the blueprint is in complete confidentiality.”

“Could you let me know even on how you want the kiddie land looks be?”

“No…”

“Okay… so how will I determine if we could finish it in six months or not?”

“You’re a construction company; you could finish it even in less than six months if you want to… what’s the big deal with it… We will pay you for the services…”

 Sunny’s secretary as well as the head engineer and architect of the construction company irked as they heard the statement released by one of the management team. They looked at their client and to their boss. Sunny was still in her cool state with all the smiles, as she nods and took a sip from her strawberry juice.

“Here she goes…” the engineer whispers at her buddy architect

“She’s coming…” retorted the architect

“SSssh…” reprimanded the secretary

And the three of them took a sip from their respective juices as they wait for their boss to speak.

Sunny leaned back to her chair and crossed her arms, and smiled sweetly to them.

“We construct in quality… we build not purely because of how much you could pay us. We construct with enough time for a great outcome, we don’t simply build with constraint time. If you insist on six months without letting us know even the proposed structure of your kiddie land, how could I say yes? I don’t just say yes without knowing what I’m into even when the offer is so tempting. I might regret it at the end.”

“What are you trying to say Ms. Lee?”

“We’re not talking anymore business here… thanks for your time Sir… Ma’am… I hope you could find a construction company better than ours.” Sunny stated and stood up coolly, extending her hand at each one of the management team still with a smile.

The management team of lotte world as well as the head engineer, architect, and the secretary were in shocked at how sunny rejected the project. They looked at sunny as she walked out of the resto after bidding her goodbye because she still has to do rounds of check up on their malls.

“Your boss is one of a kind…” they heard a voice saying that from the other table

The management team stood up and bowed at sight of the man.

“He’s the chairman of lotte world.” Introduced by the one of the management team

The head of the engineer, architect and the secretary readily stood up and pay their respect.

“Is she the one managing the Lee Group of Companies?” the chairman asked

“She’s the daughter of Mr. Lee, Sunny Lee; she’s currently taking the responsibility of almost all of the businesses Sir.”  the engineer answered.

“Hmm… she’s good… I like to do business with her… we will close the deal with you…” the chairman retorted which surprised them

“Excuse me sir?”

“We will close a deal with them… Let’s have another meeting to discuss things at your convenience. My secretary will talk to you.” He said and his secretary went to his side.

“It’s nice listening to your discussion. See you in next meeting then… I need to go now…” the chairman said and left.

.

.

.

They set a lunch meeting, two days after. When things were settle, they left the resto.

“Wow! Our boss nailed it!” the architect chirped

“She’s good…” added the engineer…

“Small but terrible! That’s Ms. Lee! Hehehe… I’m so glad to call her now and say to her the good news” the secretary cheerfully stated as she fished her phone out and called her boss.

.

.

.

.

.

---

Sunny’s POv

I walked away at the resto after the meeting with the lotte world management team. Tsk! that guy… So… So… Ugggh! Annoying… if he doesn’t want to tell even small details regarding their proposed kiddie land, how can I set the time of completion? Eat your money up if you want… I don’t close deals without knowing the details and regretting at the end because the company couldn’t finish it on time. Oh well, I hope they could find a better construction company than ours. Now, where should I go? I don’t need to do round checks to the malls because mommy already did it. More spare time for me? Yeeeaaaah!

Ring…

Ring…

Ring…

 

My buzzing phone interfered my celebration, I was driving, I answered it and put it in handsfree. It was woori.

“Yes, yes yo?!” I playfully retorted but a worried tone of greeted her from the other line

“Red alert!” woori worriedly said

“Huh?! Red alert? Bloody days?”

“I am doomed!”

“What?!”

“Ms. Lee…”

I slowed down and parked my car at the side; Woori never calls me Ms. Lee, unless she’s dead serious. I switch on the hazard as I parked the car. I settled myself and became serious.

“What’s wrong Ms. Ko?”

“Ms. Lee, there’s a big problem…”

“Tell me…”

“We had a catering this evening, this is a special one. The groups of top businessmen were having a get together this evening, and they contacted us for our services.”

“Hmmm… go on…”

“Our executive chef and three of our staff met an accident…”

“What? How are they now?”

“Don’t worry, they’re doing fine but couldn’t work at the moment… Our executive chef injured his arm, and the staffs got some minor bruises.”

“I’m glad they’re fine and just got minor injuries…”

“The problem now, our executive chef was injured and we have catering this evening!”

“We still have two chefs…”

“Two chefs is not enough… we need one more!”

“Okay… I’ll look for another chef…”

“No more time!”

“What?”

“It’s already 6:30, and our call time at the catering is 8!”

“How many percent done?”

“40% as we talked… the pastries are on the way… the main dishes… not even half...”

My brain is working as I talked to woori… thinking who to seek for help… Who could I ask for help? Who? Who? Who? I was mentally talking to myself… asking myself repeatedly… Then I heard woori’s voice again…

“We need you Ms. Lee…”

She brought me back to reality…

“Excuse me?”

“Ms. Lee, our executive chef suggested you… instead of looking for another chef as a replacement… you’ve been his student in culinary and he knows that you could perfectly be a good replacement of him.”

I face-palmed myself, leaned down to the steering well. I heard her talked again.

“We don’t have enough time Ms. Lee… the kitchen needs you… our resto needs you… We should live up the name of our resto whom your grandfather started. Ms. Lee…”

I heaved a deep sigh… Sat up straight, breathe in and out… okay… I could do this… I could do this… I am good… I am the best… I still have the touch… I encouraged myself…

“Okay… I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

“Good… hurry up chef lee!”

“Yeah! On my way…”

.

.

.

.

.

---

Mr. and Mr. Jung as well as Jessica and Krysal were already getting ready for the dinner party tonight.

Mr. and Mrs. Jung were doing last minute checkups. Krystal was busy choosing what dress to wear, while jessica was busy talking to her friends. Seohyun, Yoona, Yuri, and Tiffany will be attending the dinner party together with their parents.  She was trying to contact sunny but the latter didn’t pick it up. She tried to text but still didn’t receive any replies.

.

.

.

.

.

---

Sunny was running here and there inside the kitchen.

“Some more pepper please!”

“Tomato paste…”

“Kindly cut these onions…”

“Okay this one is good… this is ready… That one is needs ten minutes more… the meat is not yet tender…”

“Clean this place please…”

She’s been busy at the kitchen with her co-chefs and woori’s at the event place managing the staffs.

.

.

.

After 15 minutes, everything was timely and perfectly completed.

Sunny heaved a deep sigh and cheered for everyone…

“Good job guys! We did it!”

“Yeesss!” every staff shouted enthusiastically…

“Guys, since we successfully made it; lets have rest day for tomorrow, and I’ll give you some extra credit for tonight’s hardwork.”

“Woooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!” everyone yelled for joy…

“Now let’s clean up and go home to have some rest… thanks everyone!”

.

.

.

---

Sunny went to woori’s office to have some rest, as she sits on the couch, she gradually fell asleep; without noticing that she had bunch of messages and missed calls.

.

.

.

It was already past the hour of eight and the dinner party already started… Mr. and Mrs. Lee arrived at the jung mansion whom were welcomed by Mr. and Mrs. Jung.

“Finally, we’ve meet…” Mr. Jung said

“We are glad you’ve made it, Mr. and Mrs. Lee…” Mrs. Jung added

“How could we reject such invitation…” retorted Mr. Lee

The two couples conversed regarding business and at one point they talked about their kids.

“We’ve been letting our first daughter to partly manage some of our businesses.” Stated Mr. Jung

“Same goes to us…” Mr. Lee replied

“Where is your daughter by the way?” Mrs. Jung asked

“We’ve told her to come but she called us a while ago saying that there’s an emergency in a business that she needs to attend to. She’ll follow if she settled it.” Explained Mrs. Lee

.

.

.

.

---

Jessica, Tiffany, Seohyun, Yuri, and Yoona were in one table chitchatting when donghae approached them…

“Good evening…” donghae greeted

“What’s good with this evening?” jessica sarcastically retorted while the other girls simply smiled at him

“What’s good? Because I’ve seen you…” he cheesily countered

“Ooooh…” the girls echoed except for jessica who was glaring at donghae

“What? Hehe… I’m telling the truth here… You made the evening so good jessi…”

“Will you stop it donghae?!” jessica annoyingly said

Before donghae could answer, another guy approached their table and greeted them gladly.

“Hi tiff… Evening girls…”

“Huh? What are you doing here khun?” tiffany asked

“Mr. Hwang told me to come here to talk business with some of the clients. They were also invited here.”

“Oh… okay… go and talk business with them…”

“Need some break, so I’m here to talk to you… by the way you look gorgeous tonight as well as you’re friends…”

“Thank you… we always look extremely gorgeous… right yul?” yoona playfully retorted

“Yes, from the moment we were born… hehehe…”

“Aigoo… these girls…” Seohyun mumbled, but she looked up as she heard someone calling her.

“Seo?”

Seohyun looked at the side and saw her highschool friend…

“Yonghwa?”

Yonghwa walked closer to Seohyun’s table as soon as he confirmed it was his friend.

“Long time no see… and wow! You’re pretty…”

“Thanks…” seohyun shyly replied

She heard clearing of throat, she looked back at her friends and introduced yonghwa…

“Girls, this is my highschool friend, Yonghwa… Yonghwa, my girl friends, that’s jessica, tiffany, yoona, and yuri… the two guys were donghae and nickhun, they were jessica and tiffany’s friends.

“Pleased to meet you…”

.

.

.

.

---

Slow sweet music started to fill the air of the cold night.

Donghae and Nickhun were bugging jessica and tiffany for some dance.

“Jessi, want to have a dance with me?”

“No…”

“But jessi…”

“No…”

“Why not?”

“I don’t like…”

“Jessi…”

“Jessi…”

“Jessi…”

“Jessi…”

“Jessi….”

Jessica covered her ears already and raised her hands stopping donghae from calling her.

“Aish! Stop! Okay… okay… okay… I’ll dance with you…” she defeatedly said

Meanwhile…

“Tiff wait… why would you not want to dance with me?” Nickhun asked

“I just don’t want… What’s wrong with you?”

“This is simply a friendly dance tiff…”

“I still don’t-----”

Tiffany halted from talking when nickhun suddenly kneeled and say…

“Can I dance with you?”

The guests’ attentions were grabbed by nickhun’s scene, and she couldn’t simply reject. So she smiled at them and took nickhun’s hand and mumbled, “This is just for now…”

Nickhun gave a teasing smile and nodded.

.

.

.

----

Sunny woke up from the soft knocks; she slowly opened her eyes and walked to open the door. It was one of the security guards.

“Sorry to disturb you Ma’am…”

“It’s fine…”

“Ma’am I just wanted to ask if you’re going to stay here over the night?”

“Huh? What time is it?”

“It’s already 8:45 ma’am”

“What?! Oh crap! Okay… thanks… I’ll be out in a minute…”

The guard bowed and closed the door. Sunny hurriedly took her phone and keys, then went out of the resto to her car. She was inside her car when she checked her phone, her mom and dad been calling her for couple of times already. She started the engine and drove to the nearest clothing boutique which was still open. She bought new jeans and a short sleeve black and while polo. She called her mom while driving.

Few more rings and her mom picked up her call…

“Mommy?”

“Baby, where are you now? We’ve been calling you but you’re not picking up…”

“I’m sorry mommy, I fell asleep from exhaustion.”

“Oh my baby… Are you better now?”

“Yes mommy, on my way there now… but I didn’t were a dress mommy…”

“It’s fine baby… I don’t mind…”

“Are you sure mommy?”

“Ofcourse!”

“Thanks mommy… tell daddy I’m on my way now…”

“Okay baby… drive safely…”

“Yes mommy…”

“I love you…”

“I love you too!”

.

.

.

Sunny’s POv

After ended the call, and focused on driving I noticed that the route seems familiar. She’d been driving through this route couple of times already. Few more minutes and I parked my car in front of the too familiar mansion. And it dawned to me; it was the Jung’s residence. There were lots of guards securing the place.   I turned to enter the mansion, and one of the assigned guards at the gate stopped me. I opened the window and greeted the guard.

“Evening… can I come in?”

“Oh… Good evening too Ms. Lee… you’re a little late for the party…”

“Not a little late… I’m so late actually… hehe”

“Hehe… You’re cleared Ms. Lee…”

“Thanks!”

I entered the premises and securely parked the car in the parking area. I get out from my car and walked to the garden where the party took place. But then I turned around and headed to the mansion instead. I was greeted by the butler.

“Good evening Ms. Sunny…”

“Evening!”

“The party started an hour ago…”

“Yeah… and I’m a little late… oh… not a little… I’m so late… hehehe”

“But you’re here before it ended…”

“Yes… I’m here… wearing jeans and a polo… too informal for a formal party like this… that’s why I changed direction and walked inside the house rather than to the garden.”

“Feel at home Ms. Sunny… if you need anything just call me…”

“Thanks!”

After the conversation with the butler, I headed straight to the living room and on my way; I saw krystal and a girl with three boys talking to them. I don’t intend to listen to their conversation; well… my sense of hearing is that sharp that I overheard their conversation.

I overturned and gave krystal a hug from behind, while resting my chin on her shoulder.

“Hey, princess… I’m hungry~~~~” I whined at her

“Huh?! What are you doing?!” she said in shocked while the three boys and the girl simply looked at me.

“Informing you that I’m hungry and need to be feed?” I retorted still hugging her

“Aish! This unnie…”

“I’m hungry~~~~~ feed me~~~~”

“Okay… okay… okay… let’s go…”

“Yeeey!” I released myself from hugging her and pulled to the kitchen leaving the three boys.

When we were in the kitchen, I released my hold from her and seated on a stole and rested my head on my arms.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Helping you to get rid of those boys…”

“Thank you unnie… they been bugging us for quite some time now…” the girl beside krystal said

“I looked up and smiled at her… you’re welcome… you’re little jung’s friend?”

She nodded and I asked again… “Hi… I’m sunny… what’s your name?”

“She’s Sulli…” krystal answered in behalf of her friend

“Oh… please to meet you sulli…”

“Pleased to meet you too unnie…”

“We are friends now…”

“Yes…”

“Hehehe… both of you looked great in your outfit…”

“Thanks…” sulli shyly retorted while krystal was rolling her eyes.

“Stop flirting!” krystal accused me of flirting with her friend? What?

“Huh?! I’m not flirting… I’m just being friendly…”

“Hmmp! We’re back to the party now… do you want to come?”

“I’ll follow…”

“Do you want me to bring food for you?”

“No, thanks… I’ll go there anyways, need to show up to mommy and daddy…”

“Your parents are here?!”

“Yes… go now… your other friends might be waiting for you… I need to rest for a while…”

“Okay… see you later…”

Krystal and Sulli went out of the kitchen; I took my phone and called woori. She said that the businessmen were all praises of the food. I was laughing when she told me that the one who we’ve catered was the Jung’s. She was confused why I was laughing so I explained it to her and she started laughing too… I asked her where she is right now and she told me she was at the buffet area. I told her I will meet her after I greeted mommy and daddy… I ended the call and headed to the garden. I looked around the place and saw my friends dancing in the mellow music with their respective partners. I smiled at the sight and continue looking for mommy and daddy. I walked to their place when I spotted them; they were talking to some businessmen. I tapped mommy’s shoulder to get her attention. When she turned around, I smiled at her, and mommy gave me a tight hug.

“Baby! I’m glad you’re here…” mommy said to be a little louder that make daddy and the one he’s talking to look at us.

“Hi daddy!” I greeted daddy

“Where have you been?” he asked me

“At the resto… stocked at the kitchen, since our executive chef got an arm injury.”

“You cooked?”

“Yes… need to…”

“How was it?”

“Daebak!”

“Hahahaha… that’s my baby…”

Mommy and daddy laughed at me as well as the businessmen… They proudly introduced me to the other businessmen and women at the party. Mr. and Mrs. Jung went to our side and Mommy and Daddy introduced me to them as well.

“This is our daughter… Sunny Lee…” Daddy said as he introduced me…

Mr. and Mrs. Jung smiled at me warmly and gave me a welcoming hug.

“It’s been a while since you’ve visited us…” Mrs. Jung stated as she released me from her hug

.

.

.

.

.

If you’re wondering where I am now, after that little conversation with Mom and Dad, and Mommy and Daddy… I was shooed to this room.  Mom and Dad shooed me to take a rest whom Mommy and Daddy agreed. They said they will wake me up when we are going home. I told them about what happened and they patted me for a handling the problem well; A job well done for me and for all the staffs.

I didn’t know that I fell asleep after I pulled the blanket up and hug one of the pillows.

.

.

.

.

.

I grumbled and stirred as I felt someone was pulling the blanket to the other side. I gradually opened my eyes, adjusting from the darkness. I turned and saw someone lying on the other side of the bed. I was staring at her back when she suddenly turns around and saw me. Her eyeballs looked like as if it will going out from their sockets. I covered sensing that she will eventually scream. She was hysterically yelling under my hand, trying to take my hand up. I moved toward her and toppled over her to control her movements.

“Jessi! It’s me! It’s me! It’s me! Sunny! hey…”

After a few minutes, she calmed herself and that’s when I took away my hands from and the lampshade.

“See… it’s just me… why so hysterical like that?”

“I didn’t know that you’re here…”

“You should have checked your bed first before going to sleep… Aigoo this girl…”

She became teary eyed as she looked at me…

“Hey… I’m sorry if I scared you… don’t cry….”

“She… she… she’s here…. Soo… soo…young… she’s ba… back…” she said and pulled me down to her hugging me tight as she started to sob.

“Huh? Who is she?”

.

.

.

---

 

 An update! Sorry for the delay….. hope you're still with me...

 

I didn’t proofread, I just write… too lazy to check on grammatical errors… so please bear with it…

I’ll correct those errors when this story ends.

 

READERS, SUBSCRIBERS, AND UPVOTERS

 

BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU ^___^ *bows90degrees*

 

And to these pipz who made me smile…

 

Phibster12, (my baby)gwen_stefani, Koihaku, elinlinzz , sayanorie, Va_asianloverz, Nezumi21,  geisha, SakulBurns, connie56 and SuFany

 

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH…. \\[^_~]V

 

 

 

--- > ENJOY \m\{0_~}/m/

 

PS: Gwennie! As promised…