Confused

Trusting you [Edited]

 

After what happened in the canteen, Donghae was confused at the same time frightened and strangely intrigued by the feeling of having known Hyukjae for etenity. When his and Hyukjae's eyes made contact, it felt like the world came to a standstill, as if they were the only two in the canteen. Donghae felt strangely safe in Hyukjae's presence. He didn't know what this feeling meant but he felt that he could trust Hyukjae with his life and that frightened him. The last time he trusted another vampire, he nearly died. 
 
Donghae was also confused as to why Hyukjae, whom everybody was afraid of, let him off with just an "it's okay. " But what frightened him was the glares he got from the people especially the females around him. They looked pissed that he got off lightly and who managed to talk to Hyukjae without getting on his nerve. 
Even Hyukjae's friends seemed surprised. It was as if Hyukjae had grown two heads. 
 
Hyukjae was in a daze the whole day after that incident and no one seemed to know why. Even his friends were worried for him. 
 
"Hyukjae? What's wrong? You've been acting weird since coming back from the canteen. " Sungmin asked, concern etched on his face. 
 
"I think I've found my mate. "
 
"Wh...What?! Who? That Lee Donghae boy? Are you serious?! What if you are just mistaking him for your girlfriend? You thought she was your mate too. Say something!" Sungmin shook Hyukjae, worried about him. 
 
"I...like him. I do. There's something about him, something about his innocence that draws me to him. There is this need to protect him. But didn't you notice something wrong? He looked frightened. I think he must have experienced something terrible in his past. And I'm going to do something about it. Yes. Where is his class? He must be a freshman since I've not seen him around. Even though he might not be my mate, can you help me find out more about him? Please? I want to be friends with him. " Hyukjae turned to look at his friend with such seriousness that Sungmin could only nod and agree. 
 
Sungmin picked up his phone and called his most trusted family friend. Hyukjae looked like he was desperate and decided to check on it immediately. He got the results almost instantly and he didn't like what the results was. 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"What do you mean that you couldn't find anything about him? No records except what we all know already? Could it be that someone actually erased all the other important datas?" Hyukjae was extremely curious when Sungmin told him that he couldn't find anything about Donghae's past. 
 
What was Donghae hiding? What or who was he afraid of? Hyukjae was determined to find out and he was going to eradicate it. He was not going to let what happened between him and his girlfriend happen again. 
 
Talking about his girlfriend made him remember about the happy times he spent with her. Donghae looked like her. Maybe Sungmin was right. Maybe he was just mistaking Donghae for his girlfriend. Either way, Hyukjae wanted to be friends with Donghae. Donghae gave off a very innocent vibe that he wanted to know more of. 
 
 
As promised~ UPVOTE! Please? -muacks-