Is he?

Trusting you [Edited]

 

When Donghae was finally discharged from the hospital, Hyukjae made sure that he was always by the latter's side, taking care of him and making sure the bullies stayed far from them. The gestures made Donghae feel very touched and against his better judgement, his feelings for Hyukjae grew. 
 
 
Sometimes, just being near Hyukjae made Donghae blush uncontrollably. Hyukjae had this effect on Donghae, being near him made him have butterflies in his stomach, blush uncontrollably and can't think straight. 
 
"Hyukjae, don't you think you're getting too protective of Donghae? You were never this protective of your girlfriend. Say, what do you think of him? Of Donghae? " Sungmin asked out of the blue when the two were alone, waiting for Donghae to be released from his class. 
 
"Is it? I never realized. I guess it can't be helped. He has this innocent aura around him and the fragile look that makes me want to protect him. There's something about him that makes me want to protect him, cherish him and to be by his side, always. I'll be honest with you. I've never felt this way for my ex as compared to Donghae. I don't know what this means, I'm afraid to know. " Hyukjae said, a gummy smile forming on his face even though his eyebrows creased with worry. 
 
"I might be wrong but perhaps, Donghae might actually be your mate? I mean, when your ex was still around, you were never this protective of her. Heck, you didn't bother to know her class schedule. You didn't actually take the initiative to befriend her. You said so yourself, the feeling you have for her and Donghae is very different. I honestly think that he might be your mate. " Sungmin said, slowly, so as to let the information sink in. 
 
Hyukjae just stared at Sungmin, mouth agape. Mate? Donghae? Thinking about the previous incidents, he couldn't help but agree about the possibility that Donghae might be his mate. Then again, Sungmin and his instincts could be wrong. 
 
Just then, students started filing out from Donghae's class, causing Hyukjae to be disrupted from his thoughts. 
 
"Hi, Hae. How was class? Did anyone bully you?" Hyukjae asked. 
 
Seeing Donghae shake his head, Hyukjae could only heave a sigh of relief. He couldn't bear the thought of  Donghae getting hurt. 
 
Seeing the interaction between Hyukjae and Donghae, Sungmin could only sigh and shake his head at the ignorance of his friend. He was now sure that they were mates but Hyukjae being Hyukjae would need time to find out on his own. 
 
When Hyukjae had escorted Donghae back home and was left on his own, he had time for himself to think on him and Donghae being possible mates. He had to agree with Sungmin though, he never was so caring towards his girlfriend. However, Hyukjae did not feel as if it was the time to tell Donghae about this feeling yet. Hell, Donghae still had certain trust issues with vampires and was just starting to trust him. If he was to suddenly throw this realization onto Donghae, he feared Donghae might flee in panic. No, Donghae couldn't know about this, at least not now. 
 
Suddenly, Hyukjae got a call from Sungmin, pulling him out of his thoughts. 
 
"She's back. Hyoyeon is back in town. "