Friends?

Trusting you [Edited]

 

The next day, Hyukjae made sure that he came super early, resulting in Sungmin having to wake up extremely early as well. 
 
 
"What's the point of waking up SO early for SOMEONE who ISN'T your mate but whom you just want to be FRIENDS with?" 
 
Hyukjae just shushed him while waiting patiently yet looking around anxiously for that innocent looking vampire who intrigued him. Just as he was about to give up waiting for him, he saw him walking rather timidly with his head down, heading fir the school gate. Hyukjae could not help but smile at that adorable sight. 
 
Hyukjae took a step forward and blocked Donghae's way causing Donghae to flinch. Seeing the reaction Donghae had made tugged at Hyukjae's heart strings. Quickly taking a step back so as to not frighten Donghae further, he waited for Donghae to calm down first. 
 
Donghae timidly looked up when he saw the person take a step back. His eyes widened in surprise and fear when he saw Hyukjae in front of him. Donghae was surprised to see Hyukjae in front of him with a smile on his face yet afraid that Hyukjae had bad intentions since no one actually bothered to take note of him. 
 
"Ye...Yes, Hyukjae-sshi? Wh...what can I...I do for y...you? " Donghae stuttered, eyes showing fear yet his inner self telling him that Hyukjae would never harm him. 
 
"Call me Hyukjae. There's no need to look so frightened of me. I promise you that I do not mean any harm. I just want to be friends. You seem like the trustworthy kind. So I'll really like it if we could be friends. So what do you say?" Hyukjae said as he smiled at the cuteness of Donghae's reaction. 
 
"Uh, ok?" 
 
Upon hearing his answer, Hyukjae nearly jumped for joy but restrained himself. Showing his gummy smile, he could not help but grab Donghae's hand and leading him into the school compound. Sungmin could only shake his head in disbelief. How did Hyukjae turn from being cold and scary to being so mushy?
 
The whole school was in chaos when they not only saw Donghae with Hyukjae but when Hyukjae was holding Donghae's hand. Various people had different reactions but most of them was that Donghae must have bribed Hyukjae or even sold his body to Hyukjae if not why would Donghae, a nobody in the school, be near Hyukjae?
 
Sensing the discomfort that Donghae was feeling, Hyukjae gave him a reassuring smile as he rubbed Donghae's back. Donghae blushed at the effort that Hyukjae was doing to make him comfortable. 
 
Hyukjae hated seeing Donghae so wary of his surroundings. When he held Donghae's hand, it felt just right. Warmth spread through him when he was near Donghae, and the need to protect him increased as they spent more time together. Therefore, the final straw came when he witnessed Donghae being bullied. 
 
Hyukjae had just left the classroom and was heading towards the school exit when he heard loud noises and whimpering coming from the toilet. Curious, Hyukjae went to investigate and got a shock. Lying there in the floor was Donghae, bleeding while his attacker just stood there and smirked at the sight. Donghae was trembling in fright as he whimpered in pain. Unable to stand the sight any longer, Hyukjae barged into the toilet and punched the attacker in his face. He punched the vampire until he was unconscious before finally stopping the blows. Rushing to Donghae's side, he winced when he saw the blood covered Donghae who was still whimpering on the floor. Hyukjae carefully carried the injured Donghae to the sick bay when he realised that Donghae had fainted. 
 
 
Tada~