Chapter 9

A Spark Too Much

Chanyeol flashed back to that time that he panicked and felt this helplessness all over again.

The face that was stained by the tears he shed, the throat that was raw from all the screaming and shouting that he had done, the shock that crippled him from thinking straight, the lack of colour in his entire family's face. All he could do was watch them die slowly and going away from him.

 

"You think you can save him now? What makes you think so? You can't even save your family. Face it, another loved one is going to leave you right in front of you again. Give up, Chanyeol. Just give up and surrender." The voice whispered softly into his ears, convincing Chanyeol what he should do.

 

Chanyeol looked at Kris. He felt his heartbeat still beating, but it was getting weaker by the moment. Chanyeol couldn't bring himself to watch Kris die, making him face the fact that another person that he loves will go away from him. He just can't.

Krsytal burst into Kris's room and saw the mess. Tao was sleeping in the midst of Kris dying, Chanyeol facing some kind of crisis on his own and NO BAEKHYUN?!?! She felt a stuffiness in her chest and was having a bad headahe when she decided that the source of her problems might be Kris facing some problems. Apparently she was right since something obviously happened here and something was wrong.

Krystal was deciding who to hit first before something hit her. Phoenix. She stared at Chanyeol, was he the phoenix that her mum was talking about?

 

The voice was so soothing and true. Kris was going to leave him and there was no one else left for him. Nobody. But Kris was worth fighting for. He needs to be strong for Kris. Chanyeol gave Kris one long look at his pretty face, ashening right before his eyes. As if Kris knew what Chanyeol wanted to do, he stared into Chanyeol's eyes giving him a silent plea, a plea to save him. That was the last straw for him.

Chanyeol gathered all the courage he had and shook himself awake. Chanyeol was not a coward. He should fight for Kris because he is all Chanyeol has right now. He needs Kris by his side, alive. Chanyeol harnessed all the power he could and breathe fire into Kris. Phoenix was known for their healing powers, but coming from the same family, that very fire burns within that two bodies.

Sharing a fire was an intimate thing to do because that means you would be linked in various ways but neither of them knew. Only Krystal, who stared at the both of them, shocked at what they were doing.  That was something not only intimate, but very sacred. Only the chosen ones could do that. Deep down Krystal's heart, she felt a tweak of bitterness. Soulmates or not, she came to an understanding that she would never be the person that Kris will come to love because his heart was already with another.

 

With that fire, the fallen one got more than enough energy to break free. At first, he did not even needed Chanyeol's fire but it was an added bonus given to him. HA. What a streak of luck. With that additional source of power, he was able to regain some of the powers he lost 500 years ago. Staring at his only love, he felt a better sense of achievement. After all these years wasted, it was time to get something done.

 

Kris woke up but he realized that everything seemed slightly different now, not only talking about the fact that Chanyeol was glowing, but everything. It was like he saw everything for how they were not just how they seemed like. Kris felt a sense of power he never felt before and he liked it.

"You were made for greater things than this." Now Kris knew what the voice meant by that.

 

Being so filled with joy, Kris gave Chanyeol a pat on the shoulder despite badly wanted to hug him so much. Kris acknowledged Krystal's presence doesn't meant that she was soulmates with him. Gee, what an old trick on the book. She should come up with better excuses than that. Maybe next ti-

At that moment, he saw. Kris saw his mother in her. Suddenly all these images filled Kris's head, he is hearing and seeing the things that his mum was telling Krystal. Soulmates. Fallen one. Earth. Help. Destroy. Phoenix. Twins. Sorry. Daughter. These words echoed in his head. Kris's mum stared into Kris's eyes while the hair of sobbing Krsytal. They looked alike, mother and daughter. So where does that put Kris?

 

Gripping his fist tightly, he felt that red hot anger coursing through his veins in contrast to the ice cold with betrayal he felt. Did Kris ever meant anything to his mother enough to come back and talked to him? No. Not even once. The anger, strangely, made him more powerful. Unknown to Kris, this power had a huge price to pay.

Chanyeol stared at both Krsytal and Kris exchanging information in their head. It seems like the soulmates things were true. All Chanyeol could see was a pair of lovebirds making out in each other minds. Chanyeol's shoulders slumped a little as he walked out of the house unnoticed, wishing both of them eternal happiness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

HAHAHAHA I'm trying to downplay the rest and make the krisyeol moments pop but idk. They need to be cheesier.