Chapter 2

A Spark Too Much

The tall stranger practically towered all of them, the sunlight shining exceptionally brightly at the back of him making it hard to make out the stranger's features. Kris thought that he was already a giant but THIS?!?!??!?! What on the holy chimpanzees is this?

Kris stood up quickly, helping Chanyeol with him. The rest of them followed and hid behind Kris.

"Who are you?" Kris asked, feeling a familiarity to this new stranger that stood in front of him. This old guy is giving him the weird cheesy family vibes that Kris used to feel whenever his dad tried to go all DUDE with him. But it can't be.

"Kelvin, are you sure that you do not recognize me?" The stranger teased.

 

Kris felt a weird tingly feeling at the sound of his voice. It was familiar but no, it can't be. He was dead. Supposed to be. Kris stared hard at the stranger's face, seeing the similar dragon slits flashing.

Out of nowhere, 11 other giants descended besides the first stranger. 

"What the heck?" all of them thought. Suddenly, the whole place started to shake and their birthmarks began to shine and hurt all at the same time. A sudden wave of giddiness filled their heads and it was really heavy and painful. All twelve of them struggled to stay awake and hold each other close. But something, or someone was pulling them apart. Each giant taking them away from each other and that was the last thing they remembered and saw after they out.

 

"No. Chanyeol. Come back. Please."

Kris got up suddenly. Where the he.... He stared around the room that he found himself in. It was his old room, the room that he stayed before his whole family passed away. His heart suddenly tightened at the memories that flooded his head. Everything was the same, or looked the same. Even the bedsheets and all the posters remained the same. How could it even be? Kris began to explore the room, secretly delighted that he got all his soft toys back. The familiar smell of detergent and his mum still lingered around the whole room. Kris held the picture of the family that he used to belong. The smiles on his parents and his brother's faces brought a tiny smile on Kris' face. He rubbed a finger over all of their faces. He missed them a lot.

"Kelvin." Kris turned to the door. It was a woman with splitting image of his mum but with dragon slits.

 

They went out of the room and into the living room. Outside was filled with the faces of everyone that Kris once knew. His primary school teacher, his nanny, the security guard at his house and all the relatives that Kris knew.

"Welcome, Kelvin, to EXO. You belong with us right now. The dragons of EXO." The giant stranger that met Kris earlier on.

All these people are actually people that were sent to Earth to protect Kris and made sure that he survived his transformation. It was too long that the dragons had an heir from Earth. The woman whom had a splitting image of his mum was his mum's twin in EXO. She was called Taeyeon and the giant was called Kyun Hyun and was his uncle's twin. They formally introduced Kris to everyone that was present and all of them was to assist in Kris' training in the future.

"Call me Kris. I don't go by the name Kelvin anymore. Thank you everyone for looking out for me and I hope you elders would keep looking out for me." Kris announced and gave a former 90 degree bow.

 

"HYUNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG~"

A familiar scream filled the room and a giant manchild came running towards Kris, leaving all the elders in the room in bewilderment and confusion. Kris bent his head down in embarrassment and was secretly happy. Chanyeol was his neighbour? How good was his luck? Then, he saw the amount of people behind Chanyeol and frown. Kris thought that he could spent some quality time with Chanyeol, but no, a bunch of people have to be a humongous lightbulbs between them. Pfft.

All the kids in the orphanages had found their own families and get to know of their own powers. Their birthmarks marked which clan that they belonged to.

Kris was in the Dragon clan.

Suho was in the Water clan

Chanyeol was in the Phoenix clan.

Kyungsoo (D.O) was in the Earth clan.

Baekhyun was in the Sun clan.

Jong In (Kai) was in the Teleportation clan.

Sehun was in the Wind clan.

Min Seok (Xiumin) was in the Snow clan.

Luhan was in the Mind Power clan.

Yixing (Lay) was in the Healing clan.

Jong Dae (Chen) was in the Lightning clan.

Tao was in the Time Control clan.

 

 

They were supposed to start their training officially the very next day and today was just supposed to be a warm up and unpacking. Taeyeon came towards Kris and brought him to one side.

"I am so sorry that all these things happened and I did not step out and do anything about it, but right now I am here for you Kris. I hope you would accept me and treat me like your own mother." With that, she gave Kris a tight hug and pushed him towards the other kids.

 

Kris was in shock and he did not know how to react. Tears were welling up at his eyes and he wanted to go out and be alone. He walked past everyone and went out of the house towards the huge green patches of grass outside. It was already late in the evening and the sun was setting. The sunset was beautiful but all Kris felt was emptiness and loneliness. He was still wrecked by the guilt but at least now he knows that he could not have avoided all of this because it was planned. A bitter taste filled his tongue.

Chanyeol noticed the look on Kris's face. He always noticed Kris, him and his dark heavy aura of sadness and guilt and all he ever wanted was to do was to make him smile because Kris looked the nicest when he smiled. Chanyeol followed behind Kris quietly outside. He somehow knew what was on his mind because he felt the same too. Chanyeol felt that desperation when he found out that all these course of events were planned by the people in EXO. Chanyeol desperately wanted to hate all of them but this was the only reminder of his family which was so distant and blur right now. This was all that he could grasp on, and he did not want to lose this also.

Chanyeol sat down beside Kris and the urge of wanting to give Kris a hug was driving Chanyeol crazy.

"Isn't the sunset beautiful, hyung? It looks exactly the same in Earth too. Do you think that it would be the same in Heaven if there was one? Our families would see the same sunset as us in Heaven, right?"

 

Chanyeol looked at Kris innocently. Kris could not bring himself to stare into Chanyeol's eyes and all he could do was to nod.

"Yes, I suppose so Chanyeol. I really hope so."

 

They just sat there looking as the sun sets slowly, silence setting in so comfortably within them. There was no need of an exchange of words because words were too overrated. Both of them understood how each other felt and all they need was each other's presence.

Soon, the crowd disperse back into their own clans. Night fall came too quickly and it was time for bed. They had to report at EXO Mystic High early tomorrow. It was a training school that all the clan members whom are of age are supposed to train in. Despite everything, all of them were excited and nervous about their new school and the people that they have to mix with.

Morning came and Kris was woken up by Taeyeon, whom could not even stir the sleeping dragon. Grumpy Kris just got worse when Chanyeol came into the room to help Taeyeon wake Kris up by jumping on his bed and shouting in his ear. Only Chanyeol can withstand the fury of Kris. Chanyeol happily picked out Kris outfit of the day and prepared breakfast for Kris while he get out of bed and wash up. Within minutes, they left for Mystic High.

Girls and guys of all clans were all moving towards Mystic High and it was getting really packed. One girl accidentally knocked into Kris and instead of apologizing, she screamed at Kris.

"Watch where you are going, freak!"

 

Kris narrowed his eyes and stared at the girl. She was really pretty and tall, the type of girl that Kris would like back on Earth but now, Kris was totally turned off by the attitude of this chick. This girl is called Krystal and she was the daughter of the headmaster of Mystic High. She also belonged to a group called f(X), which was a group of beautiful girls who ruled the school.

Her clique stood behind her and giggled like what she said was the funniest thing in on EXO.

Kris ignored her totally and pulled Chanyeol with him, moving forward. Krystal stared at this totally beautiful new creature whom she had heard and saw since the news of all twelve of them were arriving travelled all around EXO. That was all everyone talked about. Nobody bothered about her anymore, even her dad. How dare he ignore her like she was nothing at all? Don't he know who she was? Krystal's pride was hurt and she was pissed. Krystal pulled Kris's arm and she was scorched by the heat. Krystal was shocked. Nobody ever dared treated her this way. By now, a crowd was forming around them.

"Do. Not. Ever. Lay. A. Finger. Of. Yours. On. Me." Kris spoke in a low tone and he pushed his way out of the crowd with Chanyeol following behind him.

 

Krystal stared at the backview of Kris as he walked away from her. The crowd dispersed as quickly as they formed. f(X) helped her out quickly and ushered her to the school in lightning speed.

"Well, this will get more interesting. He will pay for all the embarrassment he had caused me today." Krystal swore to herself.

 

 

 

 

-

I feel like this was a really bad chapter. Might edit this again. Comments, anyone? *hugs all of you*