Chapter 14

A Spark Too Much

Kai stumbled at he reached the floor that access was forbidden for all students.

He smirked and did a little victory dance at reaching here right on time. Kai looked around and freaked. Where the hell was Taeyeon?

Taeyeon landed inside of the room, right smack in front of the tablet. It was still here! Taeyeon heaved a major sigh of relief. She could almost feel the power in her, being so close. It tempted her to take the tablet right off the protective cover but she calmed herself down before she did anything stupid.

"Go, give me that tablet Taehoney." a greasy voice came from behind her.

 

Taeyeon shook her head hard. Looks like that was the wrong answer when Kelvin struck her down and knock her out.

"Should have done what I've told you baby. Take that for me and not to run away. I'm not going to lose you again. Not another 500 years without you."

 

The whole gang got on there on time just to see Kelvin disappearing with the tablet and Taeyeon. But Kelvin left them a little gift - Baekhyun. This Baekhyun was the evil one that Kelvin had mind-control over. Krystal stepped forward to hug him only to be punched in the stomach and strangled. It took six of them to get Baekhyun away from Krystal. They all looked at Baekhyun in shock, especially Krystal whom was really heartbroken.

Tears aside, Krystal tied him up with a magic rope that they found in the room. Chanyeol met eyes with Krystal and he knew. Krystal wasn't in love with Kris at all, she was in love with Baekhyun! That realization gave him new found determination to get Kris back more than ever.

 

Kelvin put his plans in effect once he had gotten the tablet. He was a bit short on manpower with Kyu Hyun missing and Baekhyun left to deal with the kids since he had no use for him anymore. Taeyeon had gotten more irritating with her pleas for him to turnover a new leaf. He was far too gone now for him to turn back. It was all or nothing and nothing seemed unpleasing to his ears.

He had one more problem to deal with right now - Kris was fighting back, he was waking up. That was not supposed to happen and that shocked him a little. Maybe more than shocked him, it unsettled him, make him feel less confident. He had seen Chanyeol with Kris, heard their conversatios but it was nothing out of the ordinary. What could be the power of that scrunchy kid that could keep Kris fighting? If he figure that out, maybe he can use it against that kid.

 

Chanyeol took a moment staring at the empty sky while the rest took a nap. It was his turn doing guard duty. Staring at it reminds him of all the times that he should have spent admiring the nature, doing things that he should do, cherishing people in his life and spending more time with them. He looked back to all the petty fights with Kris. The cold wars. Chanyeol had never let Kris know that he was special to him. He need to see Kris again, he needed to tell him what he really felt. But, is there really time? Will he ever see Kris again?