Chapter 13

A Spark Too Much

They were gonna get this fallen one and he's going to be down for a long time when they were done with him.

Chanyeol burnt the rope that bounded them quickly, so that they could escaped. Sehun, the ungrateful brat, whined that he should have done so earlier. Which resulted in deadly stares by everyone to shut up him, except of course Luhan whom shushed his beloved gently. They almost escaped if not for Kyu Hyun whom intercepted their way.

All of them were shocked at seeing Kris's quiet uncle on the side of the enemy. But Krystal had no problem with that and gave him a kick so painful that he'd never forget. That pain knocked him out temporarily and Kai had the idea of teleport him to somewhere safer, like in the Dark Jungle of EXO where he would be hanging till he wakes up.

They just had one major problem till now. Kelvin had them locked up in this huge maze of a cave that there was no way they could find their way out. Out of nowhere, there was this fire lighting up a passageway for them. Without further ado, they followed this passageway till it led them to ... Taeyeon!

"HURRY! Free me and I'll get you out of here. Please. Kris can't hold on much longer. We have to save him." Taeyeon pleaded.

 

The gang hesitated at first but Krystal took the lead in untieing her. With her help, they managed to reach the surface just in time to see Kris leaving towards EXO Mystic High. But why the school everyone wondered.

"For the tablet. With the tablet and your charms, he could wind down the protective barrier of EXO and allow the enemy to enter." Taeyeon answered.

Everyone started to be on the verge of dispair. They could never stop him in time.

"Let me try. I can try to get that tablet but I will need Taeyeon to guide me. I've never tried to bring another person with me but I can try." Kai proposed.

 

D.O gawked at him. It was too dangerous and there was nothing that he can do to persuade Kai not to do that. Kai looked at D.O, seeking his approval on this and D.O knew that Kai needs to do this. D.O nodded and off Kai and Taeyeon went. D.O felt his heart clenched. He just hope that Kai will be safe. Looking at D.O and Kai reminded Chanyeol of Kris and the mission at hand. Chanyeol stared at Krystal hard and Krystal returned his stare, unwilling to back down. Both of them knew what they had to do, if they want Kris back alive.

The rest of them hurried towards the school. Tao trying to freeze time to buy them a little time and D.O tried to move them faster using his Earth powers. Heartbeat pounded hard, elevating as they can feel the pressure of it all rising. Adrenaline coursed through their veins, preparing them for a battle that they will remember for a long long time.