Chapter 16

A Spark Too Much

Kris was fighting his way out of the mess. He knew that as long as he keeps fighting, he would have a chance at his survival. He'd have to risk it.

Chanyeol saw that Kris was fighting.

It was in his eyes, Kelvin's eyes. Kelvin was losing to Kris's determination. Confidence surged through Chanyeol. He knew that Kris was going to come back to him. Chanyeol in a very long breath and prepared his stance. Krystal had already briefed everyone on what to do but the important part was for him and Krystal to bond with Kris, forcing Kelvin out of his body.

Sehun stared lovingly at Luhan, mouthing i-love-yous. Xiumin and Chen bro-punched each other. D.O just Kai's hair while Kai looked down into D.O's eyes, Lay and Suho hugged each other. Krystal looked at Baekhyun who stared at her coldly with no signs of recognition. Tao and Chanyeol stared longingly at Kris. With that, all of them prepared themselves. They all know what they had to do. It was time.

 

Kelvin transformed into 12 other identical selves of him and now, the war truly began.

It was a bloody battle. Even though Kelvin was trapped for 500 years, but he was the elite amongst the elite. He may be a little behind the stamina part, being so rusty for not practicing, but the other selves gave him a little more time. He needed time for the shield to come down.

"GO! Chanyeol, Krystal, do your thing! We will cover your backs!" Suho shouted, while fighting off one Kris from Krystal.

Krystal nodded and pulled Chanyeol with her. They looked at each other and located the real Kelvin. He was getting away! There was no time to lose. Together, they said the lyrics to the song that Krystal had heard.

 

 

"Fire to phoenix.

Magic to girl.

A sword from beyond.

A dragon to burn.

To stop all evil once and for all,

I plead your help

O Dragon Master, whom I call."

 

Thunder struck and a loud roar echoed the surroundings. Then, everyone stopped and stared. Wasn't there supposed to be something or someone?

 

A sword appeared out of nowhere and right into the hands of Chanyeol. He knew what he had to do. Tao froze time and everything was a blur.

"Hurry, Chanyeol. This is your chance. Right now!" Krystal shouted.

Everyone took a hold of Kelvin and struck him down. Chanyeol took the sword and hover above Kelvin. Kris's eyes came through, pleading him not to do it. Kris will die if he put the sword through. Chanyeol was shaking his head, perspiration wet his palms, and he was shaking. No, he cannot do this to Kris. Anyone but Kris. Kelvin, Kris. Who was this right now. He cannot differentiate anymore.

A hand pushed the sword down, piercing it right through Kris. Horror filled the eyes of Chanyeol as he turned and saw Taeyeon right beside him with her hands right on top of his. No, no. NO. This could not be happening. Not now. He was supposed to get Kris back. But all he saw was the soul being drained out of Kris and Kelvin at that moment.

Kris stared lovingly into Chanyeol's eyes and held his hands. Kris looked at peace when he whispered, "I love you, Chanyeol. You did great. Now everything will be over. Everything is over now. You're a hero, Yeollie. You did great."

 

With that, Kris's body burst into flames. A loud wail roared through the entire planet. Chanyeol stared at Kris's body whom already turned into ashes. A gentle breeze blew and there was nothing left. Not even Kris's body or ashes or anything. Chanyeol stared into that empty space, dumbfounded.

He killed Kris.