Chapter 1

A Spark Too Much

Kris was always protective of Chanyeol, ever since they laid eyes on each other in the orphanage.

Well, more than a normal friend would but it's not like Chanyeol would ever notice that. He's like a manchild with these amazingly adorable eyes and face and everything nice. Just look at him. All big teeth smiles, cute and cuddly, sweet, gentle giant  ....

"HOLD UP A MINUTE! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW. I NEED TO CALM MY BALLS STRAIGHT DOWN. I. AM. A. STRAIGHT. NORMAL GUY!" Kris took a deep breath, adjusted his tight pants which just got tighter and continued packing his luggage. Of course, went back about thinking about Chanyeol and this very place that he and the other kids grew up in. He was about to leave this place and he kinda missed it, a l o t. Not that it was special or anything, but there were alot of memories that he would rather keep and save it in a very special place in his mind. It was also the place that he met Chanyeol.

Chanyeol was here, at this orphanage ever since he was a kid of 8 years old. This was not just any orphanage but a very special one, just for people like them. This was definitely better than saying that all of them were just a bunch of freaks. Yes, they were something like the X-men, whom Kris thought that was cool but in reality, he felt what all of them felt.

They were just dumped there, waiting to be shipped off to Planet EXO. Just like some dangerous toxic rubbish, waiting to be shipped off to another place. Wow, maybe that was a little harsh but they were supposed to be shipped off there to be trained and be strong enough to protect Earth and all other mankinds that are living here.

One thing all the kids really liked was their little birthmarks, their signs.

tumblr_m2op66tjDZ1r99lxbo1_500.jpg

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/200921/16/the-twist-of-love-fluff-friendship-romance-exo-kai-luhan-baekhyun

Yup, these are the twelve kids that are residing in the orphanage currently.

They are all branded with marks like this when they are born, which actually shows their powers when they mature enough to use them.

This was also exactly how the government tracked all of them down, by using their special marks. Normally, the first transformation that they go through will be so powerful that it kills the people around them, which most likely are their family because it can happen anytime and anywhere. Then, they will be found and put into this special orphanages after the government hush down all these events.

So far, there have been many kids but not all of them are strong enough. Sometimes, they just don't survive past the first transformation and they die along with their families.

 

All the kids hated their destinies. Some said that they were made for great stuff but it didn't feel like it. It just felt like they had to suffer all of this just to protect Earth, whom the humans have no qualms in harming. The higher people from EXO predicted Earth's destruction and therefore, they came down to Earth to intervene, to help. They mated with some humans to help produce an army of 12 special kids with special powers to save Earth, but on the condition that these 12 are to be sent to EXO for training once they are of age. This was also to help link both Earth and EXO even closer.

Thus, this collectible orphanage was set up. Facts turned to rumours, which turned to legends and eventually, forgotten by everyone except people whose families were the chosen ones. They were sworn to secrecy by the government, but hey! Who would want others to know that they were a freak?

Kris felt this unknown heavy feeling settled in his heart and that made him uncomfortable, and he gets really pissy when he is uncomfortable.

He turned to look at Chanyeol, who already packed and talking to all the others saying his goodbyes to all those elders whom had took care of all of them. Chanyeol was the first kid to arrive here, and how on earth was he always so positive, Kris had no idea at all. Even if he had witnessed his family's death right in front of his eyes and he was the cause of it. He was only 8. A kid of 8 didn't had to go through all of these, not alone. The death was dismissed as a car crash and Chanyeol was shipped here the very night.

That probably why somehow Chanyeol didn't ever seemed to grow up, keeping all his childlike innocence with him.

That very day Kris landed in this orphanage, he felt that overwhelming urge to be responsible of Chanyeol and a deep friendship was forged that very minute.

Kris, was orginally called Kevin, changed his name to forget the past and to move on. He shifted that very night after being very angry at his parents for scolding him for getting a low score at his Chinese test. He burnt the whole house down. He was only 14, a young one without any control yet that didn't deny him of the guilt that still haunts him late at night, waking him up with terrible nightmares. Which was also the cause of him being so angry and lack of sleep all the time. Chanyeol was the only one who can put up with him and calm him down. Kris almost burnt down the orphanage a few times because he could not control his anger.

 

"Hyung! Palli~" Chanyeol practically screamed in his deep voice and gave a sweet goofy smile after that.

 

Kris sighed and got ready to go to hell, oh no, EXO. One letter missing for hell. D-day was here, and Kris ain't a happy dragon.

 

"A BUS?!?! YOU SERIOUS? ISN'T THERE ANYTHING COOLER? AT LEAST GIMME A PLANE OR A PORTAL OR SOMETHING UNHUMAN!!!!!" Sehun, the maknae, whined.

 

Luhan s up behind him and gave him a backhug to quieten him down. Sehun turned and pouted and Luhan, who quickly pecked his face. Both of them started running around like little lovebirds. Being the youngest means that he always gets his way but Luhan know what's best for that kid and always gets him to quieten down before the hyungs murder him by accident.

"Ahem, can we get on the bus already?" Kris stared at the lovebirds and narrowed his dragon eyes into slits.

 

Sehun and Luhan stopped immediately. After so many years of being in the orphanage, they learnt to recognize everyone's temper, especially Kris'. You definitely do not want a pissed Kris with you, not for a long period of time or stuck in a small confined space. That just simply mean that all of them are screwed.

Chanyeol, sensing the mood, bounced over and got everyone in the bus and started lightening Kris' mood up by making funny faces. Kris just simply pushed Chanyeol's face away and got into the bus, dragon-style~

They finally reached after a long and tiring journey of 7 hours in a bus.

The guardians led them through a forest and to an old dried-up well.

"This is the last time we would see you again. I hope that we do not meet, ever. This would mean that peace is upon Earth."

 

The guardians were like their parents and could not hold back their tears when they gave each one of them a hug. One of them even made special charm out of their birthmarks.

"Here, this was made for your protection and a reminder of us. Take it."

 

With that, all of them bid their farewells and jumped into the old well. All of them remained quiet, all alone with their own thoughts. This was their home. A place where they grew up. A place that they already known so well. Now, they have to leave this place. Not by choice, but by responsibility. It's time to do their part of Earth, for the people that took care of them and meant something to them.

They travelled through another dimension, one that they have to call home for now. With only the 12 of them holding on to each other, they have to trust and rely on each other now.

 

Problem is, could they do it? What would be the problems that they might face? Will they survive or will they give up halfway and leave the humans as they are now? This would be a test, for all of them. So many questions and no answers.

"Welcome to EXO. I would be your guardian from now on."  And with that, they landed in EXO. 

 

 

 

 

 

-

Hey guys, did I dump you guys with too much info? Tell me okay, cause it seems like I at this.