Chapter 11

A Spark Too Much

Kris was lost and scared. He had never felt this afraid since he lost his family and everything he had.

It was complete darkness in here and he was afraid of being swallowed by the neverending darkness. Soon, there was going to be no him anymore. He was going to be replaced by Kelvin Wu and that was not going to happen. Not without a fight, even if there is only one shot.

"Krystal ... Chanyeol ... help me"

 

Cruel laughter bounced off the vast darkness, taunting Kris's efforts. Kris couldn't fight off the oncoming tiredness and the link between the three of them was cut off again.

Chanyeol heard Kris's voice echoing inside of his head calling for him but he thought that it was just his own wishful thinking. Kris and Krystal might as well just make out right in front of his face! Even the mental image was too hard to see.

Deep down, he already misses Kris's face, Kris's glares, Kris's everything. Since the beginning, one was willing to chase and the other was willing to wait. Things were different now that he had a soulmate and the girl was nothing short of the prettiest girl in EXO. The thought that Kris with another girl, that Chanyeol couldn't bear. He always knew that he liked Kris more than a friend out but Chanyeol was afraid that admitting this would spoil everything he had with Kris. His friendship with Kris was more important than anything. But right now, it seems like that doesn't matter anymore.

The gut-wrenching feeling of a knife being twisted in Chanyeol's heart. He could feel it twisting literally. Chanyeol knew something was wrong and he called on to his inner phoenix, holding on to his special charm. The link between Kris was restored again and he could feel Kris in a deep slumber but he was conscious and aware of his surroundings. Yet his soul was in a slumber. So, how was that possible? Chanyeol turned and ran. Ran towards Kris.

 

Krystal was sick and tired of the man-ing that was going around here. Testosterone was thick in the air and it was almost too hard to breathe.

"Shut it everyone! What the hell? All you guys were close friends and you're all going at each other now? Now's not the time to be biting off anyone's head but to work together and focus all your energies into good planning and training all day long. Just because you lost a few friends that doesn't give you a right to be useless. Pull yourselves together, man your balls and prove everyone wrong!" Krystal shouted.

 

D.O's eyes never gotten bigger. Sehun shut his whining. Chen and Xiumin quit trolling and getting on everyone's nerves. Kai was just being Kai, a dork. This was the wake-up call they needed. They felt the Kris channelling through her, it was a female version of Kris! Everyone was in awe and that made Krystal blushed.

Everyone started moving quickly and got dressed for training. They were going to save Kris's , even though they were slightly lesser in numbers. When they believe, they can. Because they are One! At that point, Chanyeol turned up holding on to everyone's charms and Krystal could hug Chanyeol right now. The happy virus was here. She thought about Baekhyun and where could he be at the moment. She knew he wouldn't abandon the rest so did he get into some sort of trouble?

 

Baekhyun was tied up besides Taeyeon. He was already brainwashed and was part of Kelvin's people. He was going to be released back to be Kelvin's spy. Taeyeon tried her best to save him but it was too late. It was done right before her eyes. Though she was being claimed as Kelvin's lover, she had no memories of it and she was treated like a criminal.

Taeyeon did everything she could, flirted, did her aegyo and almost got away when Kyu Hyun caught her back. Taeyeon felt sick to the stomach that she knew everything yet all she can do is watch on as the disaster unfolds right in front of her eyes. Some nights, she thought she was a flash of the old Kris but it was gone. Kris was never going to come back and it was her fault because she allowed Kyu Hyun to be part of the dragon clan. If not for her, Kyu Hyun would not allow access and knowledge to the dragon clan, allowing Kelvin to possess on Kris.  

 

 

 

Time was limited and they put every minute to use. Sparring, enhancing their own magic and planning. Tao froze time more easily now, Lay can heal wounds faster, Suho Sehun Xiumin Chen controlled the weather better now, Kai managed to Teleport without leaving parts of his clothes everywhere and D.O managed not to destroy any buildings everytime he moved something. Chanyeol simpy worked on his fire nad made everyone happy by doing tricks. Krystal tried to reopen the link but there was nothing at all. It was just a void there. Sometimes, there seemed to be a heartbeat but it was gone in a flash.

All of them didn't know when the D-day would come and all they could do was just to prepare but sometime that wasn't enough either.

Suddenly, the earth shook and lightning flashed. A burnt acrid smell filled the air. The volcano erupted and somehow, everyone knew that was the sign of the war beginning.