Chapter 18

A Spark Too Much

Barely keeping it together, Chanyeol broke down. It felt like his heart had broken into tiny shards, unmendable.

"Chanyeol? Yeol, are you okay?" "Hey."

 

Voices blurred out into nothing. Nothing else mattered at this moment. The tears that are flowing continously out of his eyes, momentarily blinding him. This was not supposed to be the ending. Where's the happy ending that everyone was waiting for?

Chanyeol's hatred for Krystal and Taeyeon magnified as he stared holes into them. He wanted to kill them both right now, the fire at the tip of this fingers, tingling with power. But he felt the guilt of Kris's murder on his hands.He was the one that did it, he's a murderer. His blood. Chanyeol's hands were filled with them. The hurt that Chanyeol felt could not be understood by anyone. Right now, he needed to be alone. Chanyeol walked away.

But lo and behold, the Dragon Master arrived right in front of him.

"Where did you think that you're going, my young phoenix? You've a job to be done." He smiled, rays of light and hope pouring down Chanyeol.

 

The link of a soulmate, phoenix's ability to reborn and someone that loves him were all the Dragon Master needed to get Kris's body back but Kris had to get his own mind back with his own wil.

All was not lost afterall! Chanyeol felt hope. He saw Kris's body forming right before his eyes. Chanyeol took a deep breath and hoped for the best.

Kris was almost complete when the tablet with all of their charms suddenly shook violently directing a light which was reflected back into Kris's body. When all was over, the tablet was smashed into pieces leaving no traces of it. The charms flew back into its individual owner.

Kris was not awake and his body was cold to the touch. Why wasn't he awake yet?

"It all depend on the little one now. I shall take my leave. Take care you guys." the Dragon Master boomed.

 

Tao took Kris's hands and prayed. Prayed for him to wake up to be safe and sound. To give him the annoyed glares like he had also do. The rest came forward, touching each part of Kris. This was the leader that they all love and respect. He can be mean sometimes, but they were friends. They were family. They were One.

Maybe it was the power of love, or the power of friendship that surrounded them. Some call it a miracle. Whatever it is, it must have touched the hearts of somebody up there. Because Kris opened his eyes at that very moment.