Chapter 4

A Spark Too Much

Goosebumps bristled at Kris's neck and Kris looked around.

He could feel that someone watching but he did not know who was it. Innocently, he brushed the thought away even though there was this nagging feeling that the person was not very friendly, thinking that he was strong enough to protect them both. Kris inched closer to Chanyeol. Maybe he did took the safety of EXO for granted. It wasn't like they were here for ages, just two weeks. There were lots of stuff that they were still in the dark of.

 

Having a good view and just being beside Kris meant a lot. This gave him a tiny breather from everything. It was not like they get a lot of alone time now with school and different timetables and different rooms. That took up a lot of Chanyeol's energy even though he was still bouncing his way everywhere. They call him the Happy Virus in school since he was always so happy. The rest got nicknames too. Like Kungfu Panda Tao since Tao was excellent during the martial arts class. Kris got the name Duizhang which meant leader since he seemed to be the leader of the twelve. They seemed to be so popular but Chanyeol secretly hoped that this popularity will die down soon since he hates to be in the spotlight. Though, he enjoys having all those snacks on his table early in the morning. *creepy Chanyeol wide grin* Kris, on the other hand, seemed to enjoy all being in the limelight alot simply because this reminds him of the period of time when he used to have a complete family, go to school and led a normal life like any other random kids he knew.

Both of them were in deep thoughts when the sudden darkness shocked both of them. The sky suddenly took on an omnious grey, indicating  and the duo ran all the way home, just like the little kids they were deep at heart. The stranger stood in the shades, still staring at them, with a smirk that flashed hatred and hostility.

 

After departing ways with Chanyeol, Kris went towards the dragon clan building with a tiny smile on his face. He gave the house a lasting look. Deep down, Kris secretly wants to call this his home, but his pride won't let him call it openly because there were too many people involved and too many things to blame. Kris just wanted to sleep now and not complicate things further. Everything still shocked him like the first time. The scent of his old home, the decor, everything was exactly the way they were when he was 14. Somehow, this seemed like a stab at his old wound. Refraining to shout out mum when he was in the hallway, he just tip-toed his way up to the bedroom. Tried but unsuccessful, of course. Dragons have a great scent of smell.

"Get your down here right now, Kevin Wu! You have not even bathed, greet us or ate the food that I cooked especially for you!"

 

Kris groaned inwardly at both the source of the voice and the name. It's Kris, Kris whispered to himself and went to the kitchen obediently to acknowledge everyone's presence. 

Taeyeon fussed over him like a mother would and the uncle just gave Kris an once-over. They all sat down at the kitchen table and finished their dinner,  just like a real family would. Then Kris helped to wash his dishes before going back up to bed. He bounced on his bed and took a deep breath. Kris squealed and squashed all his soft toys and finally fell into a deep sleep. Or, so as he thought.

 

Kris dreamt about the lovely evening that he spent with Chanyeol. He was happy and he felt that everything was going right for once. Again, the nagging feeling came back. When Kris turned, Chanyeol disappeared! Leaving Kris alone at the vast amount of grass. Kris shouted Chanyeol's name and suddenly he heard a reply but it wasn't Chanyeol's voice. 

"Come, Kris. Come to me. You should join us instead of hiding in this little planet. You were made for greater things than this." The voice whispered seductively into Kris's ears. The gentle breeze that was blowing started to grew hotter and hotter. Fire surrounded Kris and trapped him. A shadow materialized in front of him and touched his birthmark. A loud scream blasted his ears and it was so loud and ...

 

"WHAT IS GOING ON! ARE YOU OKAY?" Taeyeon shooked Kris worriedly, trying to wake him up. Kris was screaming so loud that he woke everyone up, but he was in a daze. Humming a nursery song, Taeyeon put Kris back to sleep again. This made her think back about the curse and the fallen. Was it really true or was it just a rumour?

 

Rumour has it that the fallen one was an heir from Earth too. He was a talented young dragon, but unfortunately that year he was the second dragon heir to enter EXO. Due to the lack of attention he was given, despite the fact that he worked really hard and acheived loads, he could not get the favour of the Dragon Master. Something dark began to grow within him as time goes by. He went over the dark side and instead of saving Earth, he collaborated with others to destroy Earth with the condition that he can take over EXO and destroy it from within. The Dragon Master had no choice but to join forces with the Eleven other masters to imprison the fallen one. Ever since, no one dared to speak of his name due to the fear of awakening him and also incur the wrath of all the masters of EXO. The Dragon Master had been drained largely of his powers to demolish the fallen one and his army, thus he went into meditation never to be seen again. 

However, this was nothing but a rumour to explain why no one has seen the Dragon Master for centuries.

Taeyeon just hoped that this was really just a freaking rumour. She took the chance and began to ask help from all the elders, looking for a cause for Kris's nightmares. Kris will just have to be strong for now.

This was not the end of Kris's nightmares as it began to plague him every night. It was getting worse as the shadow began to materialize more and its features are getting clearer. Kris was getting drained of his energy since he was not able to get enough sleep and he skipped the first week of school. That brought rumours to an all time high in EMH (EXO Mystic High) and this made Chanyeol really worried. He tried to visit Kris several times but the dragons turned him down. Chanyeol was on the verge of going mad when he finally decided to take things into his own hands! 

Chanyeol climbed into Kris's bedroom after school that night. Remember that the dragons have a sharp nose? He was almost thrown out the moment he stepped in. Until Kris whispered weakly, "I need Chanyeol, please." 

 

Chanyeol felt Kris's forehead. It was really hot and cold and wrong. Chanyeol felt something strange in Kris's room, like it was alive and heavy. This made him felt really uncomfortable. Chanyeol started fiddling with his own charm because somehow, the charm always calm him down when Chanyeol felt down or anything bad. He realized that it was burning white hot! On a hunch, Chanyeol searched Kris's body for the charm that the guardian gave them when they bid goodbye, which was obviously not there since that it was not fashionable enough. 

Chanyeol focused and seeked the charm out using his powers. He placed the charm over Kris's body and immediately, Kris heaved a sigh of relief and started snoring. The room felt lighter comparisonly and there was a loud wail over the mountains which brought shivers down every dragon's spine.

 

Deep down, all of them know that the rumours about the fallen one was true and he was awake.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hi hi. how was this so far?