Chapter 12

A Spark Too Much

The day has finally arrived. All of them got ready to fight a war that determines the survival of Earth and EXO. They had to be ready despite everything, whether they are in fact ready or not to face this monster.

Time froze and everything seemed to be a blur. Kris and Baekhyun reunited with everyone. The thirteen of them including Krystal just stood there, staring at Lee Soo Man, the headmaster of EXO Mystic High. It seemed like a dream, everything was nothing but a dream.

Suddenly Lee Soo Man transformed into the Dragon Master appeared right before all of them. This was the future that he had foreseen. Doomsday were nearing. Time was running short. Out of all the time, he decided to appear right now?  Was he offering them help or what ?

"This all can be over. This is not your fight. Give up, children. You all can pretend that nothing happened. You can walk away now. Do you really want to fight a losing battle?"

 

That confused them, but at the same time, the choice of giving up was really tempting. Why would the Dragon Master tell them that? Mocking laughter rang in their ears as realization dawned on them. This was the fallen one all along! Then who was the Kris and Baekhyun that they saw? But, it was all too late. They were being bounded together.

"You will never get away with this!"

"Creep!"

"You resorted to underhand methods"

 

Kris's face twisted into an ugly mask of terror, while ripping off their magical charms, he sweared to them that he was going to kill them off one by one.

Upon his charm being snatched away, Chanyeol paled and fell into a deep slumber. The others also felt their powers weaken increasingly. They were worried but there was nothing that they can do, except to watch the horror unfolds itself.

Walking through in this vast darkness in his dreams, Chanyeol seemed to know what was he looking for and where he was going. He kept on walking and walking till he found Kris crouching in that darkness. It was like he was trying to protect himself from whatever that was out there. It hurts Chanyeol seeing Kris like this, so vulnerable. Chanyeol dashed towards Kris, only to find himself in the midst of nothing again. Chanyeol was confused, he reached for his charm but there was nothing. Chanyeol panicked for a moment before he heard a voice calling for him. It was Kris! Kris was calling out for him, maybe there was hope afterall.

Sprinting towards that voice, a bright light descended on him, so bright he could not see where it was coming from.

"Phoenix! Listen to your heart. Find him before he loses himself." The voice thundered, leaving him in that pile of darkness all over again.

A familiar silhouette was just sitting there, hugging himself so tightly, rocking himself. It was like he was reassuring himself. It was like all the horror movies that Chanyeol watches. It almost scared Chanyeol seeing someone sitting just there.

"Kris? Is that you?" Chanyeol whispered, almost inaudible.

"Go away! Stop messing with my head! Chanyeol will never see me again. Stop! I give up! Just leave me alone! Please." Kris begged, going on his knees.

 

Chanyeol stared at this guy whom used to be almighty, his idol, his friend, his. Chanyeol took Kris silently, firmly assuring him that he was safe now. He was with Chanyeol and Chanyeol will protect him no matter what because he is here. Kris cried for a long time, hugging to the one person that he needed to see most. It was long before Chanyeol woke up with tears and determination in his eyes.

They will stop this evil. Once and for all.