Chapter 3

A Spark Too Much

Kris stared at the towering gates that were right in front of him now. He looked further and saw the school that was just a little back. Smiles were etched on everyone's faces and they were busy chattering and giggling. Just a tad too loud. The crowd that surrounded Kris started to suffocate him just a little.

Kris just zoned out until everything became a blur, willing himself to forget the ruckus that just happened and put down all the nervousness that he was feeling right now. Kris wasn't such a person, these sort of situations normally don't freak him out. He was more of a calm and collected person. What is actually going on right now?

Chanyeol stared at Kris's face. Damn, he was really handsome. That little frown on Kris's face was so cute somehow. Chanyeol knew that Kris is worrying like he always do because he only gets that little frown whenever he was thinking too hard or simply nervous. Nervous and Kris are never put together in the same sentence. Standing there while everyone just rushed past them, trying not to be late for school, all this seemed so surreal right now. All this time they were busy trying to survive just to prepare to go to this school?

Suddenly, Chanyeol heard a spike in Kris's heartbeat. Chanyeol turned to Kris and stared harder. Was Kris ... nervous? A small smile played on his face while Chanyeol concentrate hard enough to stabilize Kris's heartbeat, aligning it with his. This was something that he found out that he could do since the day that they met.

Kris suddenly felt calm again and he noticed a playful smirk on Chanyeol's face. He was about to ask Chanyeol what so funny when he heard a loud shout.

"HYUNG, PALLI~ WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE IF YOU CONTINUE TO SASHAY YOUR DRAGON SLOWLY." Lay and the others shouting, jumping up and down, trying to catch the attention of both them.

 

Maybe next time, Kris lowered his head trying to escape the other direction when Chanyeol grabbed his shirt, pulling him towards the others. Kris hoped nobody noticed as they scurried forward quickly to shut Lay up. This was so goddamn embarrassing but he can't help but to smile as Kris look at the rest. This are my friends, he beamed. The twelve gorgeous guys strided into the school, causing girls and guys to stare with their mouths agape at their beauty. At this moment, it seemed like the peak of their friendship.

A bystander took cover under the shades of the trees, smirking. Let's see how long this friendship would last.

 

Since they were newcomers, they had to sit in and listen to the long rules and regulations that the headmaster, Lee Soo Man, had to go through. They were then split up into different rooms, 2 in one room.

Kris got Tao, the silent kid that Kris never found the need to know. Chanyeol got Baekhyun the geek. The two bestfriends, Chen and Minseok were together. The lovebirds, Sehun and Luhan was in another. The peaceful, Suho and Lay in one. D.O and Kai found themselves together too.

Kris tried his best to "persuade" Baekhyun into changing rooms with him. By persuading, it was coercing/threatening/forcing/charming/flirting but in the end it was to no avail because the geek refuses to go against the rules.  Kris got so pissed with Baekhyun that he burnt his bagpack and everything that was inside of it, which earned him disapproving glares from Chanyeol and the others. Kris jumped and shouted like a spoilt brat only to find that the twelve of them dispersed into their own rooms, leaving him all by himself, which only pissed him off further.

 

Two weeks passed slowly and Kris still refused to apologize for the incident earlier on, which caused Chanyeol and him to be on let's-see-who-will-break-the-ice-first-cause-it-certainly-aint-not-me period. Other than meeting up for lunch occasionally, all of them were kept busy by the schoolwork and other activities. Basic training like shifting and controlling their powers were done easily now. Fangirls were a norm for Kris and the others by now. For Kris, it was the popularity that he lived for. The others? It was the homework and food that was given to them.

Krystal and her clique was balantly displeased with the lack of attention given to them but they could not do anything except to play childish tricks such as hiding Kris's textbooks and soaking his favourite top trying to make life tough for Kris, whom somehow always seemed to find a way out of any situation. Krystal never seemed to be able to do anything that irked Kris enough to get his attention or apology.

Although there was this guy that caught her attention and give her something to obsess of besides herself and mentally torturing Kris, Krystal found herself looking at Baekhyun the geek more than she would like to. His shy exterior and the pretty boy face was screaming at her to get to know him more but her pride refuses to let her do so. All she could do was to stare at him during the classes that they have together.

 

Finally, they were allowed to go back home. Home, was that what they call EXO now? Kris thought wistfully as he packed his bags and got ready to go home. He stared at Tao whom was still undressed and unpacked lying on his bed.

"Why aren't you going home?" Kris wondered out loud. Tao whom had his earpieces on, pleasantly ignored Kris. Kris narrowed his eyes and took off to go back to the dragon clan.

The moment he left, Tao took out his earpieces and ran to Kris's bed, rolling in his dragon smell with a grin so wide it almost split his face open. Kris spied at Tao through the peephole while Tao was having his stalker moments pretending to be a dragon. Though he badly wanted to stomp in, Kris just shook his head at the panda kid just before something else caught his attention.

Kris practically was on fire when he saw Baekhyun lingering around Chanyeol, trying to pass him a bento that he made which obviously Chanyeol happily accepted food. Ever since they shared a room, Baekhyun got up earlier everyday just to make food for Chanyeol and himself. Kris stomped over and literally dragged Chanyeol home with him, setting the bento and Baekhyun's hair on fire.

Everyone was setting off back to their clans, their homes. Kris and Chanyeol walked together silently, each willing the other to open their mouths first but their pride was stronger. After waving bye to almost everyone they knew, Chanyeol meekly took out another bento that was made by Baekhyun because he was hungry. Kris stared so hard at Chanyeol that he almost sworn that he could have burnt a hole in his thick phoenix head. Kris snatched the bento away almost finishing the food when Chanyeol fought back. They kept up with it till the point that they were exhausted and decided to sit down and enjoy the scenery.

Someone was shadowing them and observing their every step since they stepped out of the school but Kris and Chanyeol were too caught up with each other to notice. Well, what is the worst thing that could happen when you have a stalker at hand?

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

Does this sound kinda rushed?