Chapter 19

A Spark Too Much

After two months of intense healing sessions with Lay and the elders in Lay's clan, Kris recovered faster.

Even though he had waken up, but those memories never came back. All the memories that he had were erased with the body that he once had. It took Chanyeol everyday to meet him, talk to him, show him all the pictures that he don't remember. All the efforts were put into Kris, wishing and hoping one day that he could recover entirely.

On the other hand, Baekhyun was recovering well enough under the many hours of Krystal showering not only care, but also love onto him. The two were almost inseperable and joined at the hips. At least somebody is happy.

Every single one of them were recovering well from the battle. Friendships were strengthened, bonds were stronger, time was cherished more.

Kris looked at this scene before him and felt a strong sense of bitterness that rendered him breathless. He felt sad and miserable like it was his fault for not remembering. Kris couldn't even remember his own name and he lost all powers as a dragon. It felt like he lost every part of him and it was all hollow inside him. Breathing seems so hard right now and he went back to his own room, closing the door to this happy family scene.

Chanyeol turned and stared at the back of the giant that just left. He only can stop and stare, giving Kris the space that he needs. He couldn't give up right now, or else all would be lost.

 

That very night, Kris went up to the balcony and stared into the same dark sky that he had seen before. Even though he do not remember whom everyone was, but he felt a very strong connection with that very pretty girl whose name he cannot remember and that kid that come by every single day. Kris wanted to comfort that kid by telling him that he remembers but lying to him? Kris didn't had that heart. It was just this very strange and strong urge to protect him that left Kris wondering what kind of relationship that they both had before he lost his memory.

Krystal came by the balcony. Looking into that same sky, she thought of giving her wacky idea a shot. Holding Kris by the shoulders, she stared into Kris's eyes and tried to reconnect that link that was broken since that day he reconstruct his body. Maybe she can help to bring back his memory?

He saw many things through her, know many things, felt many things and for that he felt really grateful because she filled in that hollowness in him back together once again. He felt whole again. Like the same old Kris that was lost. He found his spark back.

 

Chanyeol dropped the warm glass of milk that he made for Kris.

Kris and Krystal seperated in shock. Kris looked so happy while Krystal looked seemingly guilty. This was not the happy ending that Chanyeol anticipated. They kissed? Why? How could they do this to him? How could she do this to Baekhyun?

Kris ignored the tense situation and walked towards Chanyeol. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. Kris grabbed Chanyeol to stop him from leaving the room. He pulled Chanyeol towards him, took a small breath and leaned in. Their lips touched shyly before Kris whispered into Chanyeol's smile.

 

"I remember everything now, and I remember you being mine."