Thirty

Realization

"Jonghyun! What the HELL are you doing!?" I pushed him away from Hongki oppa. "What the hell are you doing?"
"I... I just..." Jonghyun stuttered.
"You what? You ing hit him in the face Jonghyun! What's wrong with you?" I yelled at him. I didn't want this. I never thought he would do this. I knew they didn't get along like best friends, but come on! Jonghyun didn't seem to have good response since he stayed quiet, so I turned to Hongki oppa who was now sitting on the ground groaning a little. I knelt down beside him. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine," he said and smiled at me. He was sitting on the ground with a bleeding lip, of course he wasn't okay. I gently grabbed his arm and helped him to his feet. Jonghyun made a motion and tried to help out. Without looking at his face I slapped his hand away.
"~~~~~-ah, I..." he started.
"I don't want to hear it. Hongki oppa, let's go." 

I dragged Hongki with me into the girl's bathroom inside the school.
"~~~~~-ah, this is the girl's..."
"Shut up!" I told him, and he did as he was told. He had known me long enough to know that I didn't get mad very often, but when the time had come you better not go against me… I dumped my bag on the floor before I took some paper and wetted it with water. “This might sting a bit,” I said and started wiping his bleeding lip. He didn’t move a muscle. He just looked at me as I concentrated on his bleeding lip.

 

“There, that should do it.” I said and tossed the blood stained paper in the trash.

“Thanks.” Hongki looked at me with a strange expression. I hadn’t calmed down enough to return to the gentle me.

“What are you staring at?”

“How long have we known each other?” he asked ignoring my rudeness.

“12 years. I was five at the time, it was your sixth birthday.” I thought at the moment we met. “You were wandering around in my neighborhood, lost after playing with your new toys. I was watching you from the swing in our garden, and you asked me if I wanted to join you. We’ve been best friends ever since.”

“I was asking for how long, but thank you for refreshing my memory. You were wearing a purple dress, that’s why I noticed you among the trees in your garden. Your hair was in a ponytail.”

“You were making weird sound effects to you radio controlled car.”

“You were singing a Christmas carol.”

“In March?”

“Yeah…”

“Fine, but you were the one that was lost.” I laughed a little. “You sure were a confused kid.” I stopped laughing when I saw Hongki’s serious face.

“I’m not confused anymore,” he said. “I have finally realized that what I’ve wanted and needed has always been right in front of me. Right beside me, always with me.” What was he talking about? Why did he look at me like that? I started to feel very uncomfortable. I wasn’t used to the situation and all I wanted was to get away from there.

“Hongki, what are you…” I began but he interrupted me.

“It took me twelve years to realize _____-ah. That… I’m in love with you.” Hongki looked at me. I gasped. Was he serious? I searched his face for any sign that showed that this was a joke, but his eyes were so honest that I threw all my doubts away.

“You don’t know how long I’ve waited for you to say that,” I whispered. Hongki leaned in closer and got me up against the tile wall. I slowly closed my eyes and waited with my pulse reaching two hundred beats per minute.

 

When Hongki got closer I could feel his breaths brush my face and my neck. It reminded me of that first time I had shared bed with Jonghyun, the night after the party.

 

Hongki touched my cheek with one hand and got me thinking of the night before when Jonghyun had done the same.

 

However I struggled I couldn’t stop thinking of my moments with Jonghyun. At the cinema. In the park. In his kitchen. In my room. In his room.

 

In that moment I realized it. I opened my eyes and put my fingertips on Hongki’s mouth to stop him, our mouths only inches apart. I didn’t look at him when I said:

“You’re too late.”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know I haven't been updating in a while, but now i have a quite looong holiday !! :D so I'm going to try and finish this story "/ laugh or cry ^^

Hope you all liked this chapter , quite eventful, no? :)  please leave a comment ^^