Twenty seven

Realization

I saw Hongki’s face in the tiny window to the elevator, still I wasn’t prepared for him bursting out of it the way he did.

“Oppa? You’re leaving already?” I asked as I caught the elevator door.

“Yes.” Hongki stopped to look at me. “There’s something I have to do.”

“O-okay…” Something was really wrong. “Did something happen upstairs?”

“Don’t listen to whatever Jonghyun says!” Hongki exclaimed. I jumped in surprise. “I do not take you for granted. I’m so very grateful that you have always been there for me!”

“Oppa…” What was he talking about? “I know you don’t take me for granted…”

“_____-ah!?” Jonghyun’s voice sounded down the stairs.

“I have to go. I’ll call you.” Then Hongki left the building. Jonghyun came running down the stairs.

“Where is he!?” He looked furious.

“Jonghyun, calm down. He’s left already.” I touched his arm.

“What did he say to you? I heard you were talking.” Jonghyun anxiously watched my face.

“What’s going on? Why are the two of you so angry? Did you have a fight while I was out?”

“… No. We didn’t fight…” Jonghyun said and looked at the ceiling.

“Jonghyun, answer me. And give me the truth, please,” I said and started to get annoyed. I was tired of people doing things behind my back. Still no answer.

“Yah! Down here Jonghyun!” I yelled at him. He took his eyes off the ceiling and looked down at me and he met my gaze. He curled a lock of my hair behind my ear.

“We didn’t fight, just a really intense discussion… Nothing is wrong _____-ah,” he said softly and all my anger melted away leaving my brain all fuzzy and I returned his smile without thinking. “Let’s go back upstairs.”

 

The awkward mood Hongki’s presence had given the party was blown away and Minho and Onew were back to doing crazy things. BoA gladly joined them while SoEun stayed silent. I excused myself from my conversation with Jonghyun and went to talk to her.

“Why aren’t you joining them?” I asked SoEun. She just gave me a skeptical look.

“They are having a contest of whom that can put the highest amount of marshmallows on their mouths… I think I’ll pass.”

“I just thought you’d get lonely, but it’s you call.” I returned to the sofa and sat down comfortably beside Jonghyun.

“She wants to, she’s just not comfortable enough to do it yet,” I told Jonghyun. He nodded. I was right. Fifteen minutes later, when Minho demanded Onew for revenge because he lost with a marginal on only two marshmallows, SoEun shyly joined the game. She won, with who knows how much.

 

The night kept on like that. We laughed and played games no one ever knew existed. Until BoA threw a glance at the watch.

“DAMN IT! SoEun, we were supposed to be home thirty minutes ago!!!” BoA panicked. I guess she was afraid of getting grounded, again… We said good bye to the girls as they ran out the door.

“Let’s clean up this mess,” I said briskly, put Jonghyun stopped me.

“Don’t worry. The guys are sleeping here, they’ll to it.”

“We will?” Onew asked.

“I hate cleaning…” Minho added.

“Let’s get _____-ah home,” Jonghyun said.

“YAY!” The boys cheered and ran out the door.

“Guys… SHOES!” Jonghyun called after them. I just laughed as I put my own shoes on.

 

Since Jonghyun’s car was still on repair the three guys decided to help me look up a bus stop where there was a bus going to my neighborhood.

 

“Minho, remember that bush? It was there we found Jonghyun trying to plant frog.” Onew pointed at a birch.

“Dude, that’s a tree,” Jonghyun stated.

“That’s not the point!”

 

“Haha, Onew. Remember when we caught Jonghyun spying on his girly neighbor behind that mailbox?” Minho laughed.

“I wasn’t spying, I was hiding from her…”

“Then why did you get so upset when she saw you, huh?”

“… Because I was hiding from her?”

“Oh, right…”

 

“Oh, oh. Here was where you threw up the first time we got you drunk. Man, that color was interesting!”

“Hyung! That’s enough…”

 

“Jonghyun, you were so weird when you were younger. You did a whole bunch of crazy stuff. See that lamppost over there. You thought you were able to climb it and sit on the top, you silly boy.” Onew laughed and Minho dunked his back.

“Did I manage to do it?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yes.” Onew started rolling around on the ground laughing.

“Then what the hell is it that is so funny!?”

 

I laughed at another of the anecdotes Onew and Minho told me about Jonghyun. Apparently he had done a lot of foolish things at this particular bus stop.

“Here’s your bus!” Jonghyun shouted in relief. You stood up and looked at the three boys.

“Thank you for tonight. It was a successful night.” You bowed slightly and then turned to Jonghyun. “We’ll see each other at the coffee shop?”

“You can count on that. He’s gonna snatch you…” Jonghyun put a hand over Onew’s mouth.

“Sure we will,” he smiled. Okay? You got on the bus and it drove off. You sat furthest in the back. You turned around to wave good bye but noticed that Jonghyun was busy beating the crap out of his friends. Those three sure were funny together. You giggled to yourself and turned your face to the front.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

If you look again a chapter or two ahead of the "party chapters" you'll see that she actually invited Hongki :) sorry if there was a misunderstanding...

A reminder to check out my other story   Hospital Happiness :)

Hope you liked the chapter, just a silly one.. ^^