Nineteen

Realization

JONGHYUN’S POV

_____ soon fell asleep. Her body was still shivering but the chills slowly wore off and her body calmed down. After a long while, when her body had stopped shaking, I got up for a minute. I closed the bedroom door and made a quick call to my father explaining the situation to him. I hung up and looked at _____. She looked awful, and so breakable.

 

_____’s cell phone started ringing. I rushed to it and turned it off, not caring to check who was calling. I glanced at _____. She began whimpering in her sleep, and I hurried back to her side.

“Ssh,” I hushed her. “I’m here. Oppa’s here.”

 

I lay down and prepared to resume our warming session when she turned around in her sleep and suddenly she was facing me. She’d rolled onto my arm and I was stuck. What should I do?

“Oppa,” she whined. My heart was beating like I’d ran a marathon and I hesitated before I did what I had to. I put my free arm around her and pulled her close to me. I made sure the blankets covered her fully.

 

Her breath caressed my neck. Her hair tickled my face. Her arms pressed against my chest. Her hands grasped my t-shirt pulling herself even closer to me, desperate for warmth.

 

Good thing I locked the door…