Eightteen

Realization

Jonghyun? What was he doing here? I looked towards the door and saw the oppas standing in the doorway staring at each other.

“What are you doing here?” Hongki asked his voice ice cold. Never in all those years I had known my oppa had I ever heard him sound like that.

“I could ask you the same.” There was hostility in his voice that I had never heard before. His eyes coldly fixed on Hongki’s face.

“Jonghyun oppa,” I whispered. His face softened directly when he looked at me lying helplessly on the bed. He brushed Hongki aside, walked past him and sat down on the bed.

“_____-ah, how are you?” he asked and looked at me with worried eyes.

 

HONGKI’S POV

I Jonghyun sit down on the bed.

“_____-ah, how are you?” He put one hand on her forehead. “Do you have a fever?” That was exactly what I had done, but _____ let his hand stay on her forehead.

I looked away. Was I jealous?

“I have to go.” And without looking back I left the house with a heavy heart.

 

_____’S POV

Jonghyun and I watched Hongki leave. Jonghyun looked at me as if asking what was the matter. I just shook my head, but stopped immediately because of the pain. Jonghyun got a worried look on his face.

“Maybe we should get you to a hospital…”

“No, there’s no need. It’s probably just a concussion.” That was only a wild guess from my side, but considering what had happened it wasn’t impossible. I had hit my head real bad.

“Yeah, mixed with a terrible cold. You’re burning up.” Jonghyun touched my forehead again. His hand was so cool.

“But I have work today,” I suddenly remembered. Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

“You’re not leaving this bed, understood?” He held up a finger in front of me like I was a dog. I didn’t really like people bossing me around. But still, no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t find the strength to protest. I started to feel cold again. Jonghyun frowned.

“Are you cold? I’ll go and get another blanket,” he said and stood up. Then, without thinking, I reached out for his hand and grabbed a hold of it.

“Don’t leave,” I said my voice only a whisper. Jonghyun smiled softly at me.

“I’m just going to get you another blanket, I’ll be back before you know it.”

“No.” I used the last ounce of my powers and kept my grip around his hand.

 

I could see Jonghyun give in.

“Just wait a second.” He loosened my grip and quickly pulled his sweater off. He lay it on top of the blankets and neatly tucked me in. “This will have to do then.”

 

I would have thanked him if my teeth weren’t chattering. My body almost cramped. Jonghyun seemed to hesitate, but then he lay down beside me in the same position we had woken this morning. One arm around me, his body close to mine and his breath in my neck. Warmth started to spread inside me.

“My mother will kill you if she sees us,” I whispered.

“It doesn’t matter as long as you get warm,” he whispered back.

 

kisser…