Twenty three

Realization

Hey everyone! :)

I wanted to thank hjjdaebak for this gorgeous poster! I really love it (especially the picture of Jonghyun^^)

 this gorgeous Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D and this chapter is for you.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

It was still early when we got out of the cinema, only afternoon, so Jonghyun and I went for another stroll in the park. When I started to feel tired we sat down o a bench and talked.

“Why haven’t I met your friends before?” I blamed Jonghyun.

“I kind of wanted you to get to know me first… and not judge me after what sort of friends I gave,” he said and leaned back.

“Meaning?” I frowned.

“Well, they’re sort of… two of a kind. Pretty special…” Jonghyun said timidly.

“What is that supposed to mean? Are you ashamed of your friends?” I felt a little angry. I remembered that time in the car when he didn’t want to talk about his friends.

“Umm… not really, it’s just that sometimes…”

“And what sort of person do you think I am!?” I blurted and interrupted him. “You can be friends with whoever you want as long as you treat me and my friends… and your friends… with respect.” I crossed my arms and demonstratively turned my head away.

“_____-ah” I could feel Jonghyun tentatively touching my shoulder. I didn’t respond. “Well, it’s not like you have actually introduced your friends to me either… I have only met them briefly, does that mean that you’re ashamed of them?” I was taken aback at that. I thought for a second. What was I even angry about?

“But you have met them,” I said and turned back to him.

“Have you told me their names?” Jonghyun asked.

“Well, no… you know Hongki though…”

“He doesn’t count... I really don’t get why you’re getting so upset.”

“Me neither…” I sighed at my own silliness. “I’m just overreacting at something that doesn’t even exist… Let’s just forget all of this?” I gave him a smile. He looked at me and a relived smile spread across his face.

“What was it I was supposed to forget…?”

 

After that ‘nothing-thing’ the conversation continued unobstructed. Jonghyun told me the story of his life until the day he met me, and I did the same to him. We talked and talked for hours but when he said it was time to get me home I still felt like there was something Jonghyun wanted to tell me. But nothing ever came.

 

“Maybe we should do something.” Jonghyun turned a right.

“Something what?”

“Throw a party or something so you can meet my friends and vice versa.” He stopped the car outside my house. “My house this weekend?”

“That’s a great idea. It doesn’t have to be anything big right.”

“Not really. Unless you have a whole army of friends…” Jonghyun smiled playfully.

“Nothing big then.” I opened the car door. “Your sweater…” I stopped myself and started to pull the sweater over my head. Jonghyun put a hand on my arm.

“Keep it. You’re not fully recovered, keep it on on your way to the house. You can return it some other time,” he said.

“Thank you oppa,” I smiled. “Will I see you at work tomorrow?”

“Of course. Why are you even asking?” he teased me.

“Just making sure. Good night oppa.”

 

HONGKI’S POV

“What are you thinking about?” Yuri looked at me.

“Oh, nothing…” I said absentmindedly.

“You don’t look like it’s nothing,” she said. I didn’t answer, I just put my chopsticks down and leaned back in my chair. She quietly looked at me over the dinner until I couldn’t stand it any longer.

“I can’t do this anymore. I-I want to stop dating,” I said and quickly leaned forward again. “I think I’m in love with someone else…”

“I know.” That was all she had to say? And did she know when I had just figured it out myself?

“It’s obvious you like _____ Hongki.” Yuri put her chopsticks down too.

“It is?” Did _____ know?

“But if you really like her you have to hurry, otherwise… Jonghyun might steal her away from you.” She stood up and took her handbag from the seatback. She shot me one last glance.

“I’ll be waiting for you.”