Twenty eight

Realization

Ugh, time for school again. I sat up in my bed and ruffled my morning hair. My phone vibrated. I took it, flipped it open and squinted towards the screen with a blurry morning vision.

 

“I’m sorry about what happened at the party. Pick you up for school?

Hongki”

 

I wrote a short reply containing the words; ‘fine’ and ‘okay’. My morning mood isn’t always the best… my phone vibrated again, this time I got a text from Jonghyun.

 

“Morning sunshine. Do you need a ride to school? I could drive you to work this afternoon too.

Jonghyun”

 

Since when would Jonghyun drive all the way from his house to my house and thereafter to my school? He doesn’t even go there himself, wasn’t that a bit of a detour? I wrote him a reply saying that Hongki would be driving me to school, but thanks anyway. Two seconds later, almost literally, I got a text saying that Jonghyun would be driving me to work. Fine with me…

 

The first thing Hongki did when I got in the car was to ask me if I needed a ride this afternoon.

“Jonghyun oppa already said he’d drive,” I smiled.

“Oh, okay… Then I’ll drive you some other day.”

“Sure oppa.” Why was this so important? I could take me there myself. But whatever, sometimes it’s okay to be lazy, getting a ride would be nice…

 

The entire I met Hongki at school. It wasn’t like it used to, like we used to bump into each other once in a while. No, it was more like, he was everywhere, and every time he stopped to talk to me. I’m not complaining, it was nice, just unusual.

“Is he stalking you?” BoA asked at lunch.

“What are you talking about?” I asked. Really, what was she talking about? “Why would he be stalking me?”

“I don’t know, I just think he’s being around a lot today. Maybe he wants to say something to you.”

“Then he would just say it, we always say everything to each other,” you said.

“If we ignore the little detail that you have liked him for quiet a while and haven’t told him…” SoEun said.

“That’s not the same thing,” you snapped.

“Whatever you say…”

 

Jonghyun was waiting for you outside the school. You waved as you hurried up to him where he stood leaning against his car.

“Hey _____-ah,” he said softly and took a step forward.

 

 

JONGHYUN’S POV

I got surprised when _____ didn’t stop and just walked right into me putting her arms around me.

“Hi, oppa,” she said into my shirt. I put my arms around her too and rested my hands on her back. She looked up at me. “Thank you for this weekend, it was awesome.” Wow, I could die happy right now, knowing that smile would be the last thing I saw.

“That was nothing, I’m just happy you survived a whole night with my boys,” I joked. She giggled and let go of me. No, a little bit more please, I thought and kept my arms around her. She looked at me again.

“Umm… oppa, don’t we have to go?” she asked.

“Oh, right.” I started to sound like Minho… I opened the door for _____-ah and waited for her to get in before I closed it. When I looked up o saw Hongki standing and watching us from a distance. I had to force myself not to smirk, he looked so defeated.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, so I'm officially the worst writer here at AFF. My update is soo late, and it's not that good. It's just something i wrote so that I could get to the parts where there actually happens something...

I think I'll be updating again soon since my wroters block is almost gone, and this story is going to its end. I hope you have enjoyed the story  C=

Please look forward to the last few chapters :)<3