Twenty five

Realization

“Bye appa.” Jonghyun got ready to close the door behind his parents but Mr Kim gripped the door.

“…there are some cookies in the pantry…”

“Appa! There are always cookies in the pantry.” Jonghyun tried to close the door.

“…don’t break anything…”
“Damn it appa, I wont. Now bye!” Once again Jonghyun tried to close the door. But Mr Kim stopped it with his foot and turned to look at me.

“_____, make sure Jonghyun doesn’t do anything stupid tonight.”
“Get out!” Jonghyun lost his patience and kicked his father’s foot away and slammed the door closed in his face before I had any chance to answer.

“Have fun then!” You heard Mr Kim’s voice through the door. Jonghyun turned to me and he smiled a little in embarrassment as he scratched the back off his neck.

“Let’s get this place ready.”

 

“Oppa, can you come and help me with this…?” I was balancing bowls with snacks on my arms and held glasses in my hands and one glass squeezed underneath my chin. Jonghyun put away whatever he was doing and rushed to help me. He chuckled a bit as he removed the glass I had clamped between my chin and my neck.

“You’re a waitress, aren’t you supposed to be good at this?” he teased.

“Shut up, as if you could do any better,” I joked back. I put the bowls down on the table and then took a step back and studied our work.

“Is there something missing?” I asked Jonghyun.

“Nope, everything is absolutely perfect.”

 

I already knew my friends would be the first to arrive. SoEun was always on time…

“Omo, you’ve done such a good job with this!” BoA’s eyes twinkled like stars at the sight of all the edible things.

“I know, right.” I smiled proudly at her enthusiasm. SoEun sighed.

“It’s a miracle that the two of you aren’t two piles of fat…”

“Soo… you are the one secretly eating my chocolate chip cookies at the coffee shop?” Jonghyun suspiciously asked me.

“What? Of course not…” I looked away trying to hide my terrible poker face.

“You…” Jonghyun was interrupted when the front door flung open.

“We’re here!” Onew and Minho cheered as they stumbled into the living room. “Now the party can begin…”

“Did you close the door?” Jonghyun sighed.

“Oh, right…” Minho hurried back to close the front door. I looked at Jonghyun.

“They always forget it,” he explained and shrugged his shoulders.

 

When Minho returned to the living room there were a whole lot of introductions. I thought the conversation was going to be a bit awkward, but no. The two clowns (a.k.a. Onew and Minho) flushed all the awkwardness down the toilet.

“Minho, could you pass me the popcorns, please?” BoA asked politely.

“What? No, they’re mine.” Minho hugged the bowl close to his chest.

“Haha, very funny,” BoA laughed stiffly. “Now, please give me the bowl.”

“I said: NO!” Minho said stubbornly. BoA frowned and gritted her teeth.

“No one keeps my popcorns away from me…” She stood up and walked around the table. Minho stood up too while observed her watchfully. BoA reached out for the bowl, but Minho stretched his arms over his head with a wide grin and the bowl was completely out of BoA’s reach.

“Minho, knock it off. Just give me the bowl already,” BoA whined as she jumped up and down and waved her arms trying to reach the popcorns. But Minho was too tall… “It’s not fair!”

“RAIN!” Minho suddenly yelled and then he tipped the bowl over letting all the popcorns rain down over BoA.

 

“They are kind of cute together, don’t you think?” I said to Jonghyun as BoA started chasing Minho around the apartment. At that Onew started laughing like a lunatic. He slapped himself on his knees and grunted like a pig. Jonghyun and I looked at him with our eyebrows raised as he turned to SoEun for some response. She just glared at him and took a sip of her drink. Onew’s laughter lost its intensity and he looked at Jonghyun and me for support. We just laughed at him and turned away from him. Onew scratched his head with an embarrassed and confused look on his face.

 

“You’ll have to clean that up Minho!” Jonghyun called out to his friend.

“Oh, right… I’ll do it immediately.” Minho skidded to a stop.

“Gotcha!” BoA screamed and tackled Minho to the floor. Onew sprang to his feet.

“WRESTLING!!!” he yelled and threw himself onto Minho and BoA lying on the floor. Since when was I friends with a bunch of crazy people?

 

The entry phone rang.

“I’ll get it,” I said, relieved to get a break fro these mad people. I laughed as I passed the mass of wrestling humans.

“_____, help me!” BoA suddenly grabbed my ankle and pulled me down on the floor. I yelped in surprise.

“_____-ah!?” Jonghyun jumped of the sofa and ran towards me.

“Oppa, look out!” I shouted, but it was too late. Jonghyun tripped on the empty popcorn bowl lying on the floor and fell face first into the load of people.

 

“Yah! Let go of me!”

“Onew, get your foot out of my face!”

“HAHA! That tickles!”

 

Everyone kept bickering until someone lightly cleared ones throat from above our heads and interrupted us. We all looked up and saw Hongki staring awkwardly down at us.

“Umm… Hi…”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Okeeyyyy , here comes a reeeeeaaaaaally late update. Sorry about that ... It's not very funny either, I just had to make things go forward, I hope next chapter will be more.., full of events ^^

 

btw , I started a new story, Hospital Happiness. Another one with Jonghyun, but there are some Beast characters as well ... ^^ please have a look at it ^^

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/9878/hospital-happiness-gikwang-jonghyun-yoseob-you