Awkward!

Twisted Fate!

Jessica was sitting in her car huffing and puffing out hot airs from her nostrils.  Despite the cold weather, if she were in a freezer, you would see smoke emerge from her nose.  She had just seen Donghae kiss the girl who had just left.  At least, that was what she thought she saw.  

She was parked a few feet behind him and saw through the back window of his car how it all had happened.  She got out to go talk to him when she noticed a girl siting in the passengers seat.  So she returned to her car and waited and saw him lean in to the girl and kissed her. Later on, she saw her go in and Donghae was still parked in front of the house.  What the girl was wearing was familiar.  Then she remembered when she entered Arirang and bumped into a girl.  It was her.  She was pretty and had nice skin and she looked like a one of Donghae's friend but she didn't care.  Now, she had to see her again.

'Could it be that she lived alone and he was sitting out her making sure no one comes by to bother her?  Or maybe she went i to get some things- then why did he kiss her?  Maybe he doesn't want to leave her yet.. thought Jessica.

She had planned not to approach him right now.  She doesn't know if she'll be able to control her anger if she were to face him now.  She might say something she'd regret.  She had already done enough to hurt him and now she was back.  Although this wasn't quite how she;d picture seeing him again.  She thought he'd still be going around thinking about her every now and then.  

A few minutes had passed and he was still parked.  At least she knows of this girl but why wasn't he leaving?  Once he leaves, she can go in and give her a piece of her mind.  Tell this new girl to back the hell off and that Donghae was hers.  Always has been and always will be.  If anyone dares to come in between them, will have to answer to her.

She checked her rearview mirror and saw a tall guy walking uphill with a very familiar girl.  She had seen her somewhere but couldn't remember where or when.  They seemed like a couple because the guy kept putting his arm around the girls shoulder and she kept shrugging it off.  

They both passed by her car and had almost passed Donghae when they both stopped.  They both seemed to know Donghae.  Then she noticed the girl with the guy looking back to her car and had seem suspicious of her.  Jessica decided to leave before they came over to her,

 

 

"Hyung, what are you doing here?" Min Ho asked when Donghae rolled down his window.

"Min Ho, Seohyun-ssi.  Where are you two off to?" Donghae asked.

Seohyun smiled answered, "We're here to meet up with Yoona unnie and Yuri unnie."

Min Ho's smile disappeared suddenly, "Hyung, what are YOU doing here at Yoongie's house?"

Donghae didn't know what to say but luckily Seohyun interrupted giving him more time to think up an excuse.

"'Hyung?' Oppa, what do you mean 'Hyung'?" she asked looking at Min Ho.

"Oh, Seohyun-ah, I didn't tell you guys?  Donghae hyung is my cousin.  Our parents are related. I thought I told you guys."

Seohyun's upper lip raised on the right side in disbelief. "No, you forgot to mention that minor detail." Then she looked back to where she had been looking at.  A girl in the car behind kept looking at them.  It could've been that the driver was just there waiting for someone.  But why in front of Yoona's house?

"Hyung, what are you doing here?  Are you here to visit Yoona? She's alright, she texted us last night saying she was with a friend and she's ok.   How did you know she lived here?"

Donghae didn't know what to say so he thought it was best to just lie.  But he couldn't come up with one, yet.  That was when Seohyun spoke up.

"That is really weird." Min Ho and Donghae looked at her as she was about to walk back to the direction they just came from. 

Donghae got out of his car and when they looked at where Seohyun was looking at, a car made a fast U turna and sped off.

"What was it, Seohyun?"  Donghae asked.

"I don't know, but I think that driver was following you, Teacher Lee."

"Why would anyone want to follow you?" Min Ho looked at him.

"I have no idea.  Maybe it wan't me.  That person was probably there for his/her own reasons.  We can't just assume that the person was following me." Donghae said while still trying to think up an answer for Min Ho.

Min Ho and Seohyun were still looking at the vacant spot when Donghae suddenly, almost yelling out, excitedly, "I Got IT!!"

The two looked at him with eyebrows raised and he cleared his throat, "I mean, I'm here to-"

The gate opened and Leeteuk popped out and they all looked at him,

"Hyung!" Min Ho called out and walked over to him, followed by Seohyun.  

Donghae didn't know what to do. It wasn't like Leeteuk didn't see him and he can'tjust hide so he just silently followed Seohyun. 

Leeteuk stared at them. "Oh Min Ho. You're here?"

"Neh.  Oh and this is my cousin-"

"Donghae-ah!" Leeteuk cut him.  Seohyun and Min Ho both looked at the two men standing before them.

"Hyung.  How are you?"Donghae forced a smile. 'BUSTED!' he thought.

"HYUNG?!" a different voice asked.  

Behind Leeteuk stood Yoona.  She wore a different outfit now and her hair hung over her shoulders, wet.  Everyone looked at her.

"What do you mean 'hyung'?" she looked at her brother, "Oppa, do you guys know each other?" she didn't know why she was pissed but she was angry.

"Yoongie, let's go in the house first.  You're going to catch a cold. I told you to be careful since it's cold.  Why don't you ever listen to me?"  Leeteuk walked to his dongsaeng and took off his sweater jacket and threw it over her head, covering her hair.  He looked back at the three people standing outside, "Well. are you waiting for an invitation? Come on in." 

Min Ho and Seohyun skipped on their way in.  Donghae walked silently looking at Yoona and Leeteuk.  Leeteuk, his best friend, who is also Yoona's brother.  Yoona- a girl he has fallen for after meeting her a couple times- who also happens to be his student.  HIS STUDENT, which means any intimate relationship between him and her is FORBIDDEN.  Yet, he couldn't control his feelings.  

When they got in Yuri was still asleep on the couch.  But due to all the commotion in the house, she woke up.  She looked up to see Min Ho hovering over her face. She jerked a little bit to the side and put her hand to his face and showed it off.

"Get away from me." she cried,

"Why are you asleep when it's only the afternoon?  Did you sneak off somewhere last night?" Min Ho joked getting everyone's attention.

"Ani, Min oppa and I were up last night chatting and I didn't get enough sleep." she got up and walked to Yoona. "Yah, where were you?  I came out and you were gone."

Leeteuk, who was using his sweater jacket to try to dry Yoona's hair, stopped and looked at his sister. "Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you.  Why did you run off like that.  I mean, I was tired but I know you, Yoong.  Where did you go?  After you got that message, you sort of ran off like it was something important."

Yoona was startled by the questions and tried to hide her face from them by bringing her hair front and looking at them. "It was nothing.  A frined just texted me and I went to see her.  Mianhae for leaving like that."  she mummbled and quickly made her way tot he kitchen for a bottle of water.

Donghae on the other hand saw the look on her face and was piecing everything together.  Something had happened because when he called her name, she didn't hear him.  And when they were talking by the sidewalk, she looked uneasy and kept looking around.  He remembered her phone when the video message was sent and she wasn't herself today.  He needed to talk to her.

'Could it be that the car Seohyun saw earlier was someone following Yoona?  She kept looking around when we were talking by the traffic light, he thought.

He needed to talk to her but later after he explains to her and her friends his relationship with her brother.

Seohyun followed Yoona to the kitchen and so did the others.  They all gathered around the counter table in the kitchen with Yoona and Min Ho standing with not enough chair to go around.

"So, how do you know each other?" Yoona asked.  She felt like a lawyer asking the questions to the two who committed a crime against the law.

"Wait, first things first.  How do YOU" Leeteuk nodding to the 4 high schoolers, " know him?" looking at Donghae.

"He's our teacher." Seohyun said.

"He's my cousin." Min Ho opened up. 

"MWO?!?" Yoona and Yuri both looked at them.

"No wonder why he's always missing from class a lot." Yuri said out loud.

"You've been skipping classes?" Donghae looked at his cousin.

Min Ho scoffed, "Ani, hyung.  I would neer skip classes.  I was only at the bathroom."

"Yeah and it takes about almost half an hour for him to do his business." Yoona joked. "But what do you do that you never notice your own cousin missing from classes?" She looked at Donghae.

Obviously staring at you. thought Donghae and he just sat there without answering.DBSK-

"Ok, nevermind that." Yuri suddenly said after taking a sip of her coffee she made before they all sat. "How do you, Leeteuk oppa, know Teacher Lee?"

"We went to school together." was all Leeteuk said.  The others were still waiting for another sentence but Yoona knew that was all he was going to say so she looked at Donghae and he avoided his gaze.

They had both forgotten about the car incident.  Then Donghae looked up to her and their gaze met.  Through that short gaze. there was a spark and it made them remember their almost kiss in the car.  Yoona looked away furiously.  The spark from the gaze had started a fire in her heart and in her.  She was furious at him.

'He knew my brother. yet he tried to kiss me? she thought.

"IS THAT IT?!" she bursted out. The others looked at her and she looked mad.

"Well, we still are friends.  There was just a little complex situation back in the day and Hae had to leave for his own good.  Now he back and I didn't know he was...." Leeteuk stopped and looked at his frined. "Wait, I didn't know you became a teacher.  I thought you wanted to sing and dance."

"Oh, that was when I was a kid, hyung.  I grew up." Donghae answered.

Leeteuk looked at the others and said, "This guy here, with Eunhyuk, were the best dancers.  Oh, Yoona, since you've never met Donghae and only Hyukkie, Donghae here is the best dancer.  We were like the flower boys at school.  We got the looks, the brains, money and talents.  Eunhyuk had become dance intructor by day and a radio DJ at night, Shindong runs a coffee shop and I became a doctor.  But," he turned his attetion to his friend, "You, you became a teacher?"

Leeteuk and Donghae started reminiscing about their past while the others listened.  Though Yoona wasn't happy but she had this feeling that she didn't have a right to be mad.  It wasn't like she and Donghae were dating.  Besides, he's her teacher.  it's never going to happen.   Not in a million years.  She looked at him and he was laughing at the jokes Leeteuk was telling.  Then she thought of how he almost kissed her in the car.  And it sparked up another fire and made her furious.  

 

 

Jessica walked into Arirang with her shoulders slouching and teary-eyed.  Taeyeon who was cleaning one of the table saw her and made her way over.

"Yah, where were you?  You said you were going to helo and the next thing I know, you werent around.  Are you really going to be like this?"

Just then, Jessica broke down.  She started crying and told Taeyeon where she had been and what she saw.

"I told you it wasn't worth it.  You need to give up on him. He's moved on, so should you.  You can't just expect him to dump that girl and come to you if you were to apologize to him."

"But he has to.  I;ve spent a whole month looking for him."

"See, that's the thing.  He's just a rebound to you because Heechul went of wih another girl.  You're hurt and you feel like Donghae is a safe choice because he had given you so many chances back when you dated.  I know I'm being cold right now, but you need to know that it has been way too long.  Give up." 

"Ani.  Unnie, I am not giving up.  I am going to get him back.  Just you wait and see what I'm going to do."  she got up and left the restaurant,

"I just hope she realizes what she's doing before she does something she might regret."  Taeyeonsaid to herself as she got back to her cleaning.

 

 

Soobin was sitting in her room when she though of Min Ho.

"I wonder what he's doing right.  I should call him and ask him to meet up."  She called him but there was no answer.

"Oppa what are you doing? Why aren't you picking up." Frustrated, she left her house and went for a walk.  

 

 

Back at Yoona and Leeteuk's house, every one were being quite, quiet.  There was a lot of silence and a few times. there'd be a couple of coughing and signalings.  But Yoona and Donghae were both oblivious of this. Leeteuk and the others, excluding Donghae and Yoona, have been secretly discussing about the party through their phones and the eye contacts the've been passing around.

"Yoona, we need Aleve, but we don't have any.  Be a dear and go to the drugstore to get some." Her brother nicely asked.

Yoona didn't know hat he was just trying to get rid of her so they could speak freely.  SO he secretly asked Donghae for help.  To take her to get the pain medicine and to keep her out of the house.  Though Donghae agreed but he didn't know what Yoona might feel about this.

"I'll drive you there,  Since I need to go to the store, too." He called out to her when she came down after getting her hair fixed.

After a few minutes of hesitaion, she agreed and they left,

 

"Man, I thought she'd never leave." Min Ho said after making sure they were really gone.

"But, why did Taecher Lee agree to take her?" Yuri asked.

"I asked him to."  Leeteuk replied.

Seohyun who was sitting on the couch kept looking at her phone and Min Ho noticed it.  He walked to her and saw that Jonghyun had been calling her and she'd been ignoring his phonecalls.  He took the phone from her and answered.

"She doesn't want to talk right now, so Jonghyun, please give it a rest."  Then he hung up.  He looked down at her and she looked back at him.

"Oppa, Gomawo." she looked at her phone and put it in her purse.

"Hold on, how are you so easy on giving him up when you spent all these years crushing over him?"  Min Ho sat next to her.

She startled at the question and answered abruptly. "I don't know." she looked at Leeteuk, "Oppa, let's get down to business now."  She got up and ran to Leeteuk and Yuri.

 

Donghae and Yoona were on the their way and their ride had been dead silent ever since they left the house.  Donghae couldn't take it anymore and pulled over byt the side of the freeway.  

"Okay, what's up?"

Yoona who had been shocked by the stopping of the car looked at him. "What are you talking about?"

"You've been silent since we left.  What's on your mind?"

"I just can't begin to imagine you and my brother knowing each other.  Let alone, are friends."

"It just happened that way."  He answered as he glanced at him.

"And you're mad that we're friends?"

She let out a huge sigh. "No, I'm mad that you tried to kiss me earlier when you knew who my brother was and is friends with him."

"You need to understand something, Yoona.  It's not easy to explain this but.."

"But what?  What's hard to explain? I just can't..." 

Before she can finsh, he just grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her head towards his face and kiss her.  It was a passionate kiss that sent sparks around.  Sparks that were hot enough to blow up the car.  Yoona was surprised to find her lips reacting to the kiss.  Donghae pulled out slowly and looked at her.

"It's hard to explain to your brother the fact that I'm your teacher and yet I like you a lot!" and he kissed her again.