The Meeting

Twisted Fate!

"Yoona!"

Yoona turned arond to see Donghae walking towards her. "Oh, Dong...Teacher Lee.  When did you come out?"

"Just now.  I took the other exit door." When he reached her he added, "Was that your brother?"

Yoona sadly nodded her head and looked to the ground.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" Donghae was now concerned.

"He said he just got called in and he sent someone over to sit in for him and to drive me home." Donghae could how sad she was. Yoona added, "I was so happy because I thought this was going to be our first meeting together as siblings.  And I wanted him to know that I don't want them to close down the school. I've always wanted to go here when I was a little girl. He has friends over at the school board who can help out."

"So, you don't like his colleague friend?"

"No...He's a really great guy.  I'm really glad I'll be seeing him again since it's been such a long 2 years, but it's just that I wanted my brother here more than ever." 

The way she was pouting made him swallow a lot of saliva. 'Man, she's cute and beautiful even when she's down,' he thought. He was about to raise his hand to touch her cheek or maybe to ruffle her hair when a guy interrupted them by calling out Yoona's name.

"Yoona!" called out a person.

Yoona and Donghae both turned their heads towards the direction the voice was coming from.  Yesung was already running over to them.

"OPPA!!" Yoona screamed as she gave him a hug. 

"Wow, Yoongie..you've grown.  Last time I saw you, you were at the height of my shoulders and now..." He gave her a hug, again. "It's really great to see you, Yoong."

Yoona was smiling when she said, "It's really great to see you, too, oppa." Then she cleared and said, "Where are my manners? Oppa, this is my teacher, Mr. Lee.  Teacher Lee, this is Yesung oppa."

"Nice to meet you, Yesung-ssi." Donghae said shaking Yesung's hand

"Likewise." he said as he shook back the other man's hand. "So, I hear this school is having some problems with termites.  Don't you think it's best for the kids' health if they weren't to come to school?"

‘Oh great, he’s handsome and also a smart ,’ thought Donghae as he answered the other man’s question.  “Well, Mr. Yesung…”

“Oh please, call me Yesung.”

“Yesung, we’ve had the assembly just now and it seems it’s going to be hard to close down the school.  The students have all decided they can spend at least 2 more weeks of vacation while they clean out the whole school and exterminate the termites,  If it takes longer, then we have the school’s soccer field that they can use while airing out the whole school.  You will get the full hearing in the meeting today.  We’ve all come to this decision,” he then looked at Yoona, “including Yoona.” He said as he nodded towards her direction.

Yesung looked at her and she smiled and nodded. “Yoong, do you have any idea how this could affect your health. I know you used to tell me how you’ve always wanted to go here, but this school is full of termites.”

“Actually, the exterminators came and said that luckily our classroom was the only one with termites.  Good thing we happened to see them before they ever got a chance to spread out to the room next to us.” Yoona explained.

“But…” Yesung started but was cut off by Yoona.

“And they said they’re going to fume out the whole school just in case.  So, it’s going to be less than a week but two at most just to make sure all the fume gets aired out.”

“Ok….but how in the world did the termites get in the room in the first place?” asked Yesung.

Yoona knew the answer but she actually couldn’t speak.  She was feeling light-headed.  Her vision had started blurring out and was dizzy, but still kept her posture good.  She didn’t want the two guys next to her see what was going on with her.

As Donghae looked at Yoona, she seemed a bit different.  Yoona looked back at him and faked a smile at him then looked back to Yesung and asked, “I’m sorry, what was that, Oppa?”

“I asked how the termites got in the room in the first place.”

Yoona opened to speak but before she could say anything, Donghae was already talking.

“It seems the room was used as a holding room for all the pets for Biology during summer break.  Apparently, one box fell down and the glass broke when they were removing them from the room and out from the school.  I guess they didn’t find all of the termites and the eggs when they were all spread out across the room.”

Donghae looked back at Yoona and she still seemed to be in discomfort.  When he was about to ask her how she was doing she immediately released a chuckle and said, “Such good luck that we were able to find out about this whole thing before it got out of hand. Oh, look…it seems the meeting is about to start.  Most parents are already inside while some are still arriving. Let’s go on inside.”  And she dragged Yesung in.

Donghae looked at them and once again was burning inside with jealousy.  He saw how Yesung's arm was wrapped around Yoona's shoulders while they walked inside the gym and he just wanted to break off that arm.

 

 

 

 

Leeteuk was in the hospital rushing over to his fourth patient.

“Dr. Park, patient in Room 4 is a 10 year old kid who couldn’t stop vomiting.  And he says his head hurts.” Nurse Victoria said to him as they walked to Room 4.

“Alright.  What about that sleeping patient who keeps screaming out? How is he doing?  Any progress?”

“Well, his wife says that he just started screaming when she was about to sleep.  He was already asleep when she got in the room but every few minutes, he’d shriek out.”

“Ok.  Get me the kid’s chart.” He said to Victoria as they entered Room 4. After receiving the clipboard from her, he walked to the side of the bed next to the patient and said, “Oh Sako, how are you feeling, little guy?”

“My head hurts.” The little kid replies as Leeteuk touched his forehead. 

Leeteuk looked up to the boy’s parents and said, “His test results came back and it seems he’s fine.  He shouldn’t got to school for a few days.  I hear he fell off the swing during recess?”

“Yes, and the teacher informed what happened.  But he kept vomiting today and said his head hurt.” Mrs. Oh replied.

“Alright, he is realeased to go but he need to lay on his side to keep him from wanting to vomit.  And when he does regurgitate, hold his head back.  I’ll be back with a note for the school that he is to stay home for a few days.”

“Thank you Dr. Park” Mr. Oh says as he left the room and hurried to the patient that was now screaming out from Room 8. 

 

 

Half-way through the meeting and Yoona felt that pain in her head.  She just kept on siting there and listening to all the arguments between the pros and cons.  She suddenly felt the need for fresh air and leaned over to Yesung.

"Oppa, I'm gonna go outside for a while.  I need some air."

"Oh, I'll come with you."  He was getting ready to head out when Yoona put a hand on his shoulder and held him down to his seat. 

"It's fine. You came here for the meeting.  I just need to go out for some air and I need to use the little ladies' room."

He nodded and left the gym.

Donghae who was on stage saw her leaving and wanted to go after her but couldn't because he had to stay and convice the parents of the situation.

Outside, Yoona walked to the parking lot and sat down beneath a tree beside a very familiar car.  This car seemed to be parking away from all the other cars.  It seems the driver likes to keep aways from public places.  She also went all the way to the end because she didn't want to sit at a place where that would be swooned with lots of people after the meeting. She wasn't feeling well from last night's incidents so she wasn't able to recognize the car next to her.  What with all that food poisoning and then she slipped and hit her head.  She should've stayed home like her brother ordered her to.  She should've just gone home when Donghae texted her, but NO....she decided to stay and not tarnish her "perfect" attendance record.  

A couple minutes had passed and she decided to go back inside. But as soon as she stood up, her head spun and she felt light-headed and fainted. 

 

 

Meanwhile, as Leeteuk walked in to Room 8, he was hit with the scream of the man laying on the gurney, 

"Mr. Bang Cheol Yong?" earning a nod from the man's assumed wife.  He didn't get a good look at the girl sitting next to the hospital bed but she sure did get a good look at him.  He just walked over to the man while examining his chart and took out his light and shined it to the man's eyes. "His pupils are dilating, he seems fine as it is recorded on the chart...."

He was startled by the man's sudden scream and when he looked over at Victoria she responded back, "They weren't able to identify the problem, Dr. Park."

The person next to the patient suddenly dropped her phone.  Leeteuk took a quick glance at the "assumed wife" while she bent down to pick up her phone, then back to the patient's chart. "You said, he was sleeping when you heard the scream?"

"Yes."

"And you tried waking him up and he wouldn't budge,"

"Yes. I tried calling his fiance but she's not answering." said the girl in blonde.

Leeteuk looked up and said, "You're not his wife?" But when he finally got a good look on her his jaw dropped.  it was "HER."  The reason Donghae left the country.  The reason their friendship got broken up.  The girl who played with each of their hearts.  His blood was burning and his hands were shaking causing his clipboard to drop on the floor.

 

 

Sorry bout the late reply.  I've been busy with some personal problems here at home.  Who do you think the blonde girl is?  I know the last chapter was REALLY boring.  I'm trying to steer away from all the boringness(if there is such word) of my story...LOL  Please comment.